Edmunds…back to back good games. Facts. (Update: Another good game)

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

So what caused the injury then, was it non contact? I'm not saying it happened on purpose but one dudes head spearing into another dudes head 100% made some kind of injury happen. 

Only on tbd can you find fans ignoring the fact that Edmunds is solely responsible for potentially putting a teammate on IR due to his lack of instincts. He’s played better lately, but it is this bs that could have been prevented if he was a better football player. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Only on tbd can you find fans ignoring the fact that Edmunds is solely responsible for potentially putting a teammate on IR due to his lack of instincts. He’s played better lately, but it is this bs that could have been prevented if he was a better football player. 

Yeah and only on TBD can you find “fans” that complain about how a guy is slow, lacks instincts, can’t make plays, doesn’t tackle, etc. and then also complain when said player comes up to hit a guy and make sure he is down and when that guy ducks accidentally hits his own player.

That happens all the time and it especially happens to players flying around making plays including some HOF level players.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Edmunds has now had good games in back to back to weeks.  This includes big impact plays tonight including sack and tipping a pass for an Int.  One drive he dominated the Titans for 3 downs to almost single handedly force them off the field.  

So since everyone starts a thread trashing him even after good games, I figured it was time he got a thread praising his play because he’s been very good these first 2 weeks.

He still has to prove it the rest of the season to see where he fits in the Bills future plans, but he’s off to a very good start and he has earned some praise.  

Uh oh. 

now you dun it. 😝 😆 

I don’t get the hate. 

sure it was a dumbass friendly fire hit on a friend 

He was the field General again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes he has had a good two weeks.  He had a really good game today.  A lot of people are going to blame him for the Dane injury.  I did at first too.  The truth is though... its because he was playing hard like he should be. The game is faster on the field than we see it on TV or even live.  He commited that hit before the player was down.  Just an unlucky situation.

he hurt Jackson doing what he generally does.  Go for a tackle after it’s already made and arrive late.  He otherwise had a good game. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is a big pile of 

200.gif

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, In Summary said:

Edmunds sack came unopposed with an open lane. I've never seen him do that fighting off a committed blocker. He's not a pass rusher. Lacks necessary hand fighting skills for one.  Suppose it was a clever call to send him because it worked.

As to his hit I'm not impressed or apologetic. Seems the better players impact the play early on rather than finish it late in that manner.  Just my take.

They don't blitz, so it's not a high priority. He holds up crossing lanes in the middle and covers well sideline to sideline. Honestly one of the things he does that I really like is that he plays the line to gain and up well. He also seems to be one of the few people who can go toe to toe with Henry even though he is more of a smother tackle guym 

8 hours ago, In Summary said:

Edmunds sack came unopposed with an open lane. I've never seen him do that fighting off a committed blocker. He's not a pass rusher. Lacks necessary hand fighting skills for one.  Suppose it was a clever call to send him because it worked.

As to his hit I'm not impressed or apologetic. Seems the better players impact the play early on rather than finish it late in that manner.  Just my take.

Yeah, I think that was their first blitz all season. After the Rams game I saw they didn't blitz one time.

Good play call, and at least Edmunds made the most of it and took him down. Good TFL in the 2nd quarter too on Henry or the other RB. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

So, you’re blaming him. Right?

I don't really want to derail the thread from people getting to talk about how he played so I'm not going to elaborate too much. 

I don't think he intentionally injured some one on purpose but it does feel sort of like an anomaly never seeing anything quite like that. It hit me differently I must admit. 

I know that leading tackles with your head can bring fines for helmet to helmet hits and it looked like to me he dove in head first blindly. Like if he dove head first blindly and it was a helmet to helmet hit. 

All I can say is something about it feels wrong to me but it could just be the perfect camera angle showing it so clear. I hope people can be better than me because I wouldn't be cool with it if I was the one in that situation. 

You mess with my health and my potential future earnings trying to dog pile on a tackle I already made I'm not gonna be your friend anymore. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

He has played well. The spear on Dane is unfortunate but it happens. Nothing he’s done has convinced me on a extension though. 

Agreed he has played well. And arguments on an extension seem to be predicated on him getting top dollar. What if he takes a doable/significant hometown discount? Obviously that depends on the market.

• Like (+1) 1

We don't need an Edmunds Justice Warrior to convince us that Edmunds is good. He is what he is: size and athleticism. Period. You can either make peace with his pros and cons or be upset by unreasonable expectations.

His upside is he can disrupt their passing game by his height and wingspan, and if he has a free rush he could get a sack. His flaws are that he cannot shed a block to save his life, is not a sure tackler, and has goldfish level instincts. 

I've accepted Edmunds as my personal LB knowing all of his flaws. If only to save myself sanity. Also it lets me celebrate the occasional good play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's great to see him doing what we all thought he could from day one maybe he is hiding his stride in this D but it's kind of a double edged sword seeing as he's in a contract year if he continues to play like this it will continue to add dollar signs to his contract price & depending on the cap next year Beane may not see a route to pay him the kind of money he wants .

But until then i hope he continues to play like he has these first couple of games . GO BILLS !! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.