Props to both rookie corners

Simon

3 hours ago, Simon said:

I'll never figure out where this narrative came from. 🤷‍♂️

I never saw a single piece of film that made me question his courage or desire to attack ballcarriers.

He was a physically aggressive corner and a very willing tackler in every bit of video I watched. 

I think he was willing, just not good. I didn’t watch him in college, just going off what I read.  

On 9/19/2022 at 10:49 PM, Simon said:

Both of them with fearless and intelligent outings tonight.

The Bills are going ot be relying heavily on these two kids and they both look like they belong already.

Like all corners, they're going to lose a few battles, but they both know exactly what they're supposed to be doing, where they're supposed to be doing it and neither one is afraid to go get there.

Completely agree. I was very impressed. Bigger tests are ahead, but the confidence they are getting can only help, IMO

On 9/19/2022 at 11:08 PM, Motor26 said:

Couldn't be happier Beane decided to double dip.

And last year's draft double dip seems to be working out nicely as well. Dontcha think?

On 9/19/2022 at 11:17 PM, st pete gogolak said:

Didn't the 49'ers start two rookie cornerbacks the year that they won their first Super Bowl?  Just sayin'.

What is it that you are saying?

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

But they aren't. And you don't get to go play Madden and pretend whatever those results are is what would happen in real life.

Huh? I'm thinking nobody predicted the D line would have transformed THIS MUCH over one offseason, with most of the same players. I wasn't one who said 2 rookies couldn't work, but you should be able to understand the thinking. No?  Going forward, I'm pretty sure having the two rooks as starters isn't the ideal plan going forward. But it's nice to see the system, and the players, can hold up if/when necessary.

BTW, how about the play of Dane Jackson so far this year?  

Fortunately the D line, the linebackers and the safety tandem are really firing on all cylinders. 

• Like (+1) 1

Props. They look great. This regime is so gifted at finding late round secondary talent. I was fine with the Elam pick but if there's ever another glaring need at corner you can't even sweat the draft if they don't take one early because McBeane could find one or two players that stick on Day 3.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:05 PM, jlgarsh said:

When Benford wrapped Henry up for like a 5 yard loss, I was super impressed. It was a wow moment for me.

I saw Elam shed a block (show edmonds please)and hit Henry on the outside was zero gain or maybe a TFL

I remember thinking nice job benford and then it was Elam. His biggest knock in the draft and week 2 he's smacking Henry 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

And last year's draft double dip seems to be working out nicely as well. Dontcha think?

What is it that you are saying?

Huh? I'm thinking nobody predicted the D line would have transformed THIS MUCH over one offseason, with most of the same players. I wasn't one who said 2 rookies couldn't work, but you should be able to understand the thinking. No?  Going forward, I'm pretty sure having the two rooks as starters isn't the ideal plan going forward. But it's nice to see the system, and the players, can hold up if/when necessary.

BTW, how about the play of Dane Jackson so far this year?  

Fortunately the D line, the linebackers and the safety tandem are really firing on all cylinders. 

Dane Jackson has pretty much always played well every time he has been forced in the lineup.

Also...would you be surprised the Bills pass defense numbers are better in the 7 games Tre has been out than they were with him?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.