Props to both rookie corners

Simon

42 minutes ago, Simon said:

Both of them with fearless and intelligent outings tonight.

The Bills are going ot be relying heavily on these two kids and they both look like they belong already.

Like all corners, they're going to lose a few battles, but they both know exactly what they're supposed to be doing, where they're supposed to be doing it and neither one is afraid to go get there.

Need some of that confidence and swagger next week vs Waddle and Reek

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Simon said:

Both of them with fearless and intelligent outings tonight.

The Bills are going ot be relying heavily on these two kids and they both look like they belong already.

Like all corners, they're going to lose a few battles, but they both know exactly what they're supposed to be doing, where they're supposed to be doing it and neither one is afraid to go get there.

And the FF by Benford on the punt return

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think if these two rookies were playing with last season's D-Line, the results would be different...

But they aren't. And you don't get to go play Madden and pretend whatever those results are is what would happen in real life.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am watching corners that got drafted ahead of Elam struggle big time in the NFL right now while McDermitt continues to work his corner magic with Elam and a late round pick

Both of them appear to have some sand

True.  Grit.

sorry for that, I still can't sleep.

They stepped in due to not so great circumstances and not only held their own, but played well. However, I think it's worth noting that it was against a very sub par wide receiver group. Woods is the titans #1 receiver by a large margin, and probably shouldn't be any teams #1 at this point in his career. Next week will be drastically more challenging for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

The kids are playing good ball. Not sure they can get any greater challenge then they will against Hill & Waddle next Sunday. 

Hoping Tre is back week 6 for KC. Play a side, the defense has been redlining the last two weeks. 

Remember when your friend who swore by adderall in college found cocaine? This is that but football. 

Edited by Mango
Words
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

pleasantly surprised to see how well Elam tackled.  I thought that was his issue pre-draft. 

15 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

My recollection was that Elam was not considered a great tackler at the time of the draft.

I'll never figure out where this narrative came from. 🤷‍♂️

I never saw a single piece of film that made me question his courage or desire to attack ballcarriers.

He was a physically aggressive corner and a very willing tackler in every bit of video I watched. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.