5 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

That's if you believe Matt Parrino.

So you think Matt is making it up?

What is the point of this comment?

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Crazy that two players got hurt in "friendly fire" incidents!🤢

Who are the 2 Friendly Fire?

Dane was obviously.

Poyer got hurt making a solo tackle - hit his head on thigh.

Phillips got hurt in the open field running all alone looking to make a block.

Milano got a stinger destroying the QB 1 on 1.

Who am I missing?

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

If we're missing Dane & Hyde, might get interesting w/ rookies against Hill & Waddle. Wonder if Beane just promoted up Cam Lewis or looks for outside veteran CB help? Short 6 day turnaround maybe too tight for outside help?

I was going to say the same thing.  Those rookie cb's have done pretty well so far.  Hill and Waddle are gonna be a huge test for them.

56 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Those rookie cb's have done pretty well so far.  Hill and Waddle are gonna be a huge test for them.

Def major test. I could see A lot of blitzing. Tua admitted he can’t see receivers sometimes. Line up the biggest guys on the line and get after him. 

Trust Poyer and Hyde (if he’s ok) to stop the big play. 

At the end of the day, the Dolphins have to keep up with the Bills offense. We can score 45 on any team

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Rubes said:

Damn it. Really need Phillips against Miami, and hamstrings have a way of lingering for a few weeks.

Do we? I'd expect to have one if not both of Oliver and Settle back. We had a bigger interior DL challenge last night and held up fine with those two out. I think we can survive Miami without Phillips. If it is more than a cramp and he needs to rest, then I'd rather rest him a week.

I think missing Hyde is the bigger challenge in Miami. Hope it was just a stinger and he'll be back soon.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Bills have been fortunate for a couple years regarding injuries.   Not so much so far this year.  Will be interesting to see how this week goes and who will miss tIme.  If Phillips pulled a hammy they typically sit those guys and let it heal.  Wonder if settle or Oliver might be back.  

Nothing fortunate about it...they have proven almost beyond any doubt that you CAN control injuries to a certain point by giving proper rest, ensuring they are getting proper treatment, not rushing players back from minor injuries that then become more major by playing, having the most state of the art training facilities in the world and using state of the art sport science.

I posted a lengthy comparison in the injury thread showing man games lost to injury for teams since McDermott has been here, which somehow seems to have disappeared because I can't find it anywhere, not even looking back through my posts?  Basically it showed man games lost to injury each year and the Bills ranked #1, #3, #4, #6, and #1 since McD has been here, never having more than 120 man games lost to injury in a season which is unheard of. Two years were under 100.  The Rams are the only other team in the discussion as they were in the top 5 every year(but never #1 in fewest man games lost to injury), but there were seasons when the Bills had 40-50 fewer man games lost than them.  Bills are 85+ games ahead of the Rams over that period who are clearly the second place team and are probably 400-500+ games better than the worst teams during that time period. 

Basically at this point, there is no way you could argue that this is simply some sort of "luck".  It is clear they have a formula in place that works well and the training facilities to implement it that many other teams do not. 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nothing fortunate about it...they have proven almost beyond any doubt that you CAN control injuries to a certain point by giving proper rest, ensuring they are getting proper treatment

Dude take it easy, I get it I am totally aware of the cutting edge staff the Bills have.  But if you think there is no luck component to injuries though you are smoking dope. 

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Dude take it easy, I get it.  But if you think there is no luck component to injuries though you are smoking dope. 

There is a luck component of course...like how can you control the Dane Jackson injury last night?  You can't just a play that happens in the blink of an eye...

But they do exceptionally well managing the ones you can control, which appears to be a lot more than what people realize

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Do we? I'd expect to have one if not both of Oliver and Settle back. We had a bigger interior DL challenge last night and held up fine with those two out. I think we can survive Miami without Phillips. If it is more than a cramp and he needs to rest, then I'd rather rest him a week.

I think missing Hyde is the bigger challenge in Miami. Hope it was just a stinger and he'll be back soon.

Well, yeah, I guess I was a bit more skeptical that we'll get both Oliver and Settle back. I think we'll see Settle, but not so sure about Oliver. I hope so, but if not, then the loss of Phillips is huge.

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

If we're missing Dane & Hyde, might get interesting w/ rookies against Hill & Waddle. Wonder if Beane just promoted up Cam Lewis or looks for outside veteran CB help? Short 6 day turnaround maybe too tight for outside help?

I don’t expect a vet to sign unless Dane is out long term and Tre isn’t ready once he can return week 5

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Nothing fortunate about it...they have proven almost beyond any doubt that you CAN control injuries to a certain point by giving proper rest, ensuring they are getting proper treatment, not rushing players back from minor injuries that then become more major by playing, having the most start of the art training facilities in the world and using state of the art sport science.

Bills had similiar results when Rusty Jones was head trainer / nutritionist for Bills.  

It amazes me and will only get better when they get a new stadium for that field is like playing on concrete.

23 hours ago, Ghs24mike said:

Def major test. I could see A lot of blitzing. Tua admitted he can’t see receivers sometimes. Line up the biggest guys on the line and get after him. 

Trust Poyer and Hyde (if he’s ok) to stop the big play. 

At the end of the day, the Dolphins have to keep up with the Bills offense. We can score 45 on any team

Im taking the over. ha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.