Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm so glad someone opened up the subject of McDermott CBs vs how these CBs perform out of his system.

Levi Wallace was a more than capable CB for the Bills throughout his 4 years with the team.

While I'm not a fan that takes stats too seriously this is one stat I'd like to share.

During Levi's 4 years in Buffalo, he had a passer rating under 80.  Not a bad 4-year statistic.

So far in Pittsburgh Levi has a 101.3 passer rating.

While on its own it doesn't prove much but it's another notch in the "McDermott gets the most out of his CBs" holster.

My Dad used to use that term.  A good one from the WW2 generation!

I was thinking depth charge for some odd reason.
 dropping the shot glass of whiskey into a glass of beer and pouring it down

not sure why i thought that in regard to egg in beer
but both timely in post WWII 

42 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I think there’s a non-zero chance we see him in some action next Sunday, or at least as a reserve. These types of a diagnoses (ie neck) usually have a way of leaking out and we’ve yet to hear anything.

Give the back ups some reps and play shell.

4 will get there like the 1st game vs Rams

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...so starting one thread...literally one thread...pointing out the improved play by one of our main players is now somehow a crusade?  The same thread where I literally said repeatedly its just 2 games, and he still has a lot to prove this season in showing consistency...

Meanwhile, you are running around in multiple threads now taking exception to the fact someone acknowledge the improved play of someone you dislike.  So maybe check your own agenda before you start throwing around the crusade accusations.

I mean heaven forbid we discuss some positive things after 2 big wins on the message board of our favorite team.  What was I thinking not just starting another bashing thread instead?  Blasphemy and shame on me...

That was a different thread, and how here ----where you immediately hijacked this thread (about our man Dane's injury update) to dump on other posters over Edmunds.

It's a crusade, definitely.. flamboyantly so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was a different thread, and how here ----where you immediately hijacked this thread (about our man Dane's injury update) to dump on other posters over Edmunds.

It's a crusade, definitely.. flamboyantly so.

Dude, let it go.  You're projecting harder than a movie theater. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO...so starting one thread...literally one thread...pointing out the improved play by one of our main players is now somehow a crusade?  The same thread where I literally said repeatedly its just 2 games, and he still has a lot to prove this season in showing consistency...

Meanwhile, you are running around in multiple threads now taking exception to the fact someone acknowledge the improved play of someone you dislike.  So maybe check your own agenda before you start throwing around the crusade accusations.

I mean heaven forbid we discuss some positive things after 2 big wins on the message board of our favorite team.  What was I thinking not just starting another bashing thread instead?  Blasphemy and shame on me...

My dude, you jumped into a "Dane Jackson injury update thread," and said "I guess this is where all the Edmunds haters are hanging out!"

C'mon.  You didn't even mention Dane in your post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Apparently Allen said on Kyle Brandt podcast that Dane Jackson went to Jordan Phillips' birthday party the other night and is back in the building

15 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Dane Jackson was at the facility and at a birthday party for Jordan Phillips last night according to Allen on Kyle Brandt Basement.  Great to hear but don't wouldn't expect him back still.  

nice just saw this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

My dude, you jumped into a "Dane Jackson injury update thread," and said "I guess this is where all the Edmunds haters are hanging out!"

C'mon.  You didn't even mention Dane in your post.

Neither are the people bashing Edmunds in this same thread…so…

My comment was directed here at the people hijacking a thread to update on the Dane injury to use this as another excuse to bash Edmunds.  Especially those who had been trying to bash Edmunds in the other thread about his strong play the first 2 games but found no one was hearing that nonsense.  So they came here to hijack a thread on Dane's recovery to get their crack like fix on bashing Edmunds after 2 stellar games.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh I wouldnt expect him back for at least 2 weeks... front neck muscles will be stiff and sore at times... less so once warmed up but he'll feel it for a bit and not sure how quickly football strength returns

Yeah, hard to say when he will be back, but it certainly sounds like he won't be out too long, assuming he misses any time.  Its unfortunate timing with both the Fins and Chiefs up next, but all that matters is that he avoided serious injury.  

While it seems unlikely, I won't rule him out to playing this week yet.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, hard to say when he will be back, but it certainly sounds like he won't be out too long, assuming he misses any time.  Its unfortunate timing with both the Fins and Chiefs up next, but all that matters is that he avoided serious injury.  

While it seems unlikely, I won't rule him out to playing this week yet.  

I think we know this simply because he hasnt been put on IR yet. IR now-a-days is 4 weeks minimum. So they clearly think he will miss less than 4 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Neither are the people bashing Edmunds in this same thread…so…

My comment was directed here at the people hijacking a thread to update on the Dane injury to use this as another excuse to bash Edmunds.  Especially those who had been trying to bash Edmunds in the other thread about his strong play the first 2 games but found no one was hearing that nonsense.  So they came here to hijack a thread on Dane's recovery to get their crack like fix on bashing Edmunds after 2 stellar games.  

Bashing on Edmunds in every thread is a “thing”.  It’s been going on for awhile and is now rather funny imo.  I like edmunds, but I still enjoy throwing a little random bash in there from time to time because I find the random bashes to be funny.  No offense, but I think you’re taking this a bit too seriously.  Many of the Edmunds haters are just trolling you and others who defend him.  

Not that he doesn’t deserve the love you show him.  He’s played great in 2 games, but doesn’t make anyone forget the last 4 years of average/above average LB play.  His play the last 4 years is what caused this trolling.  Take it for what it is- light hearted trolling.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bashing on Edmunds in every thread is a “thing”.  It’s been going on for awhile and is now rather funny imo.  I like edmunds, but I still enjoy throwing a little random bash in there from time to time because I find the random bashes to be funny.  No offense, but I think you’re taking this a bit too seriously.  Many of the Edmunds haters are just trolling you and others who defend him.  

Not that he doesn’t deserve the love you show him.  He’s played great in 2 games, but doesn’t make anyone forget the last 4 years of average/above average LB play.  His play the last 4 years is what caused this trolling.  Take it for what it is- light hearted trolling.  

Dont get it twisted, I have been critical of him too.  I just think its grossly exaggerated.  And I def not taking it too seriously, simply responding to posters who commented at me with nonsense.  Im not losing any sleep over it lol.  

Just amazed that Dane was practicing today (limited with red jersey) but that’s huge considering what looked horrible Monday night. One has to think medically, Dr’s cleared him to return to football. Now it’s just a matter of when they feel confident he’s 100%. Based upon today, one would think he may be back for Balt at the earliest and Pitt at the latest.

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Just amazed that Dane was practicing today (limited with red jersey) but that’s huge considering what looked horrible Monday night. One has to think medically, Dr’s cleared him to return to football. Now it’s just a matter of when they feel confident he’s 100%. Based upon today, one would think he may be back for Balt at the earliest and Pitt at the latest.

Wait seriously, I thought he was there I didn't think he practiced?

Edited by Warcodered

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

Thanks for posting this! It's good to see him up and around, even if it's only stretching. He's looking a bit stiff, but that's definitely a LOT better than where i thought he would be at this point after Monday night. Here's to hoping he can get fully healthy soon! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.