Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord ๐Ÿ™)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, boater said:

I came here for a lucent conversation about Dane's injury status moving forward.

ย 

Looks like I came to the wrong place. :(

ย 

ย I mean, what do you want to know?ย  We were told he walked out of the hospital last night and was said to have "no major injury" which I take to mean no bone or nerve damage.ย  McDermott said he's "day to day" which is pretty much how he describes almost any player who isn't going on IR.

ย 

There's not a lot of substance for a discussion right now.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

ย 

ย I mean, what do you want to know?ย  We were told he walked out of the hospital last night and was said to have "no major injury" which I take to mean no bone or nerve damage.ย  McDermott said he's "day to day" which is pretty much how he describes almost any player who isn't going on IR.

ย 

There's not a lot of substance for a discussion right now.

Thanks. Your reporting on the lack of information is the most I've read so far.

ย 

I look forward to future reports on this thread... which I guess in a NFL Injury Reports way, will be vague until noon Sunday.

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

a fracture is not necessary (but most often is present) to cause permanent, serious damage: ย 

Abstract

Much more knowledge seems to be available concerning concussion of the brain than of the corresponding lesion of the spinal cord. It is interesting, moreover, that information has accumulated concerning symptomatology of the former condition and pathology of the latter.

The clinical manifestations of concussion of the spinal cord include a multiplicity of clinical pictures, with apparently grave initial symptoms, which disappear or tend to improve rapidly. The symptoms are not, however, always transient in character, and serious, permanent disturbances may result. The condition varies, depending on the particular segment of the cord that is involved as well as on the evolution of the lesions.

Because of its relatively greater fixation and rigidity and its greater exposure to trauma, the thoracic portion of the vertebral column is the most frequent seat of trauma causing concussion of the spinal cord. The trauma need not be direct. It may be transmitted from

Having fun on Google I see. Not really what he presented with last night though. He didnโ€™t have grave initiation symptoms, he pounded the ground with his fist and was not unconscious. Either way, glad he did not suffer any permanent damage, thatโ€™s the most important thingโ€ฆ.

3 hours ago, boater said:

Thanks. Your reporting on the lack of information is the most I've read so far.

ย 

I look forward to future reports on this thread... which I guess in a NFL Injury Reports way, will be vague until noon Sunday.

Do you want an egg in your beer, too?ย <_<

4 hours ago, Simon said:

ย 

Levi Wallace

ย 

I'm so glad someone opened up the subject of McDermott CBs vs how these CBs perform out of his system.

ย 

Levi Wallace was a more than capable CB for the Bills throughout his 4 years with the team.

While I'm not a fan that takes stats too seriously this is one stat I'd like to share.

During Levi's 4 years in Buffalo, he had a passer rating under 80.ย  Not a bad 4-year statistic.

So far in Pittsburgh Levi has a 101.3 passer rating.

ย 

While on its own it doesn't prove much but it's another notch in the "McDermott gets the most out of his CBs" holster.

ย 

32 minutes ago, Simon said:

Do you want an egg in your beer, too?ย <_<

ย 

My Dad used to use that term.ย  A good one from the WW2 generation!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Having fun on Google I see. Not really what he presented with last night though. He didnโ€™t have grave initiation symptoms, he pounded the ground with his fist and was not unconscious. Either way, glad he did not suffer any permanent damage, thatโ€™s the most important thingโ€ฆ.

No. Iโ€™ve seen many traumatic brain and neck injuries professionally. ย Monday morning qbing medical issues is difficult especially if u donโ€™t know the science but carry on. Link some studies to refute me.Iโ€™ll reply

Edited by redtail hawk

The best news is hearing Dane is out of the hospital. I hope he is recovering well.ย 

ย 

Chris Brown speculated Dane may be more of a "day to day than a week to week" on one bills live yesterday. Have we heard anything about that?ย 

ย 

ย 

12 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Anyone know if Dane has a charity he favors? ย Letโ€™s do it..

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-jaquan-johnson-dane-jackson-join-underprivileged-kids-for-christmas-shopping-spree/article_e24e0a92-58a0-11ec-b89b-9f3a99c7370e.html

ย 

Worked with Jaquan Johnson's foundation in 2021.

https://m.facebook.com/johnsonopportunityfoundation/

20 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

No. Iโ€™ve seen many traumatic brain and neck injuries professionally. ย Monday morning qbing medical issues is difficult especially if u donโ€™t know the science but carry on. Link some studies to refute me.Iโ€™ll reply

I need to see your degree before we take this conversation any further Mr.. Welbyโ€ฆ And if you have seen so many traumatic injuries you would have realized this wasnโ€™t one, and in the end, I was right and you were wrong. In fact admit it, you didnโ€™t really pay close attention, you jumped to a conclusion and clearly you were wrongโ€ฆ

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I see this is where all the Edmunds haters have gathered since they can't complain about his actual on field play this season lol.

ย 

The arguments I am reading here by them wreak of such desperation that it's getting almost comical.ย  Edmunds is off to a great start to the season...my suggestion is just make peace with that and spend the rest of the week relaxed and excited for the next game.ย  You guys remind me of a relapsing drug addict who just needs their fix.ย  You know it's wrong, but no amount of logic matters here...you just need your fix.ย ย 

Like OJs quest for โ€œthe real killerโ€, the work never ends for your gallant crusadeโ€ฆ.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like OJs quest for โ€œthe real killerโ€, the work never ends for your gallant crusadeโ€ฆ.

ย 

LMAO...so starting one thread...literally one thread...pointing out the improved play by one of our main players is now somehow a crusade?ย  The same thread where I literally said repeatedly its just 2 games, and he still has a lot to prove this season in showing consistency...

ย 

Meanwhile, you are running around in multiple threads now taking exception to the fact someone acknowledge the improved play of someone you dislike.ย  So maybe check your own agenda before you start throwing around the crusade accusations.

ย 

I mean heaven forbid we discuss some positive things after 2 big wins on the message board of our favorite team.ย  What was I thinking not just starting another bashing thread instead?ย  Blasphemy and shame on me...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

ย 

I'm so glad someone opened up the subject of McDermott CBs vs how these CBs perform out of his system.

ย 

Levi Wallace was a more than capable CB for the Bills throughout his 4 years with the team.

While I'm not a fan that takes stats too seriously this is one stat I'd like to share.

During Levi's 4 years in Buffalo, he had a passer rating under 80.ย  Not a bad 4-year statistic.

So far in Pittsburgh Levi has a 101.3 passer rating.

ย 

While on its own it doesn't prove much but it's another notch in the "McDermott gets the most out of his CBs" holster.

ย 

ย 

My Dad used to use that term.ย  A good one from the WW2 generation!

ย 

This has likely been brought up by Drew Rosenhaus in Poyer talks.ย 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, poo said:

The best news is hearing Dane is out of the hospital. I hope he is recovering well.ย 

ย 

Chris Brown speculated Dane may be more of a "day to day than a week to week" on one bills live yesterday. Have we heard anything about that?ย 

ย 

ย 

I think thereโ€™s a non-zero chance we see him in some action next Sunday, or at least as a reserve. These types of a diagnoses (ie neck) usually have a way of leaking out and weโ€™ve yet to hear anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.