Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

So happy to hear he’s not seriously injured.  Prayers for a speedy recovery and return. 

Selfishly, I hope he gets back on the field quickly.  He has been playing very well, it’s a loss to the team to not have him.   It’s an opening for other guys to take his role, which would doubly suck for him, so I hope he is able to jump back in quickly. 

I would imagine, as soon as there is no swelling/inflammation to the spinal cord, which maybe there isn’t any for all we know, he would be released to play as pain allows.  No doubt he’s going to be sore for a while and the position requires you to be able to cleanly snap your head around, so at a minimum I would expect him to miss this week.   I certainly would not be shocked to see him out for a while though.  Big thing is, he’s generally ok, that was scary looking.

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

So happy to hear he’s not seriously injured.  Prayers for a speedy recovery and return. 

Selfishly, I hope he gets back on the field quickly.  He has been playing very well, it’s a loss to the team to not have him.   It’s an opening for other guys to take his role, which would doubly suck for him, so I hope he is able to jump back in quickly. 

I would imagine, as soon as there is no swelling/inflammation to the spinal cord, which maybe there isn’t any for all we know, he would be released to play as pain allows.  No doubt he’s going to be sore for a while and the position requires you to be able to cleanly snap your head around, so at a minimum I would expect him to miss this week.   I certainly would not be shocked to see him out for a while though.  Big thing is, he’s generally ok, that was scary looking.

Might be selfish but him being in game playing health is both in his interest and what he wants as well.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Might be selfish but him being in game playing health is both in his interest and what he wants as well.

Plus, he's a nice low-key feel-good story.  Drafted in the 7th round, manages to stick to the roster, plays pretty well every time he's called upon, and finally gets a chance to start even though there are two youngins nipping at his heels.  Hard not to root for a guy like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Plus, he's a nice low-key feel-good story.  Drafted in the 7th round, manages to stick to the roster, plays pretty well every time he's called upon, and finally gets a chance to start even though there are two youngins nipping at his heels.  Hard not to root for a guy like that.  

All Jackson has ever done is look good every time he plays...but then again...has there been a CB McD has had to put in that hasn't looked good when called upon?

• Agree 1

The oft-repeated and emphasized phrase today is "not seriously injured", which has led some to think he could play.  Make no mistake he is/was "INJURED".  You don't take a hit like that and not be injured.  Heck he almost had his head taken off.  The Bills have demonstrated repeatedly that they don't play injured players.  Remember last year with Milano and KC?  Big game, essential player, and nope he didn't play.  Dane is out weeks in my opinion.  The only question in my mind is what does weeks mean?  2, 3, 4 ...?  One could eye that Green Bay game and think that is realistic for his return to play.  

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

The oft-repeated and emphasized phrase today is "not seriously injured", which has led some to think he could play.  Make no mistake he is/was "INJURED".  You don't take a hit like that and not be injured.  Heck he almost had his head taken off.  The Bills have demonstrated repeatedly that they don't play injured players.  Remember last year with Milano and KC?  Big game, essential player, and nope he didn't play.  Dane is out weeks in my opinion.  The only question in my mind is what does weeks mean?  2, 3, 4 ...?  One could eye that Green Bay game and think that is realistic for his return to play.  

Agreed. 

just stinks because Miami has one of the most elite WR corps is football. 

But agree it isn’t worth the risk. Next man up. 

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Vontae Davis

I was talking about a young rookie/UDFA that had to be called up or played in his first few games, not a washed up vet that realized he didn't have it anymore

Edited by Big Turk

14 minutes ago, wjag said:

Tre white will be back after the Baltimore game imo if desperately needed 

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Tre white will be back after the Baltimore game imo if desperately needed 

Somehow the defensive passing stats have been better in the 7 games Tre has been out than when he was in.  It's mind boggling how good they are at defending the pass.

• Agree 1

Great news on Dane, his health is the most important thing.  

But I see people insisting he will still be out this week, and I am not ready to make that call.  If he has any lingering injury, absolutely he will miss this game.  But sometimes people go to the hospital more as a precaution than a need.  And last night, even after the ambulance took him off the field, the ambulance remained at the stadium a little while.  That tells me they realized the worst case scenarios had been avoided even while he was there still in the stadium.  Otherwise, that Ambulance would have flew out of that building to get him to immediate care.  

I've seen injuries look horrific and then miraculously, no major damage was actually endured even though it looked like it was unavoidable.  I still think it's very possible he misses this week, but I am just saying it's also not a foregone conclusion yet either until we see really how he is doing throughout the week.  

But regardless, they will do what is best for Dane, his health, as with any player, is bigger than the one game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, gobills404 said:

That’s a load of BS and you know it 
“looks like Tarzan plays like Jane”

”can’t get off blocks”

”isn’t physical enough”

”misses tackles”

etc. etc.

“Everyone agrees with me”

what a compelling argument 🤡

Those are not cited

do a poll - most people do not agree Edmunds plays timid. you are still wrong how long will you stretch this? (also misses tackles and even getting off blocks has nothing to do with it. The argument is that he misses tackles because he's playing too fast and over pursuing, not timid)

Edited by DrDare
  • Dislike 1

If there is one thing I truly trust the Bills on, it's dealing with injuries intelligently. They always seem to err on the side of caution and on not rushing players back, no matter what the circumstances.

It would be absolutely shocking to see Jackson against Miami this week.  It is the rookie tandem's time to shine, against easily the best receiving duo in the league.

Get yer popcorn.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.