Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If he has no injuries, wouldn't that be fully healed?

There could be soreness for awhile.   Like a bad car accident, the pain could get worse days later. 

Then there is the mental aspect.    I don't think the Bills will push him to play for awhile.   

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If he has no injuries, wouldn't that be fully healed?

Some part of his anatomy had to absorb that blow, presumably his major neck muscles protected his spine.  They are almost certainly inflamed and likely spasming.  But muscles generally heal faster than bone or nerve tissue. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I'm not a doctor, but I have to think if they rule out any structural damage it's probably inflammation and soft tissue issues - probably similar to what someone would get from whiplash in a car accident - not sure how long that would take to heal but I'm glad they are saying it is not major.

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

There could be soreness for awhile.   Like a bad car accident, the pain could get worse days later. 

Then there is the mental aspect.    I don't think the Bills will push him to play for awhile.   

Dane is almost certainly going to be dealing with soft tissue soreness and a "stiff neck."  I can't imagine him playing on Sunday but these are remarkable athletes so who knows?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I'm not a doctor, but I have to think if they rule out any structural damage it's probably inflammation and soft tissue issues - probably similar to what someone would get from whiplash in a car accident - not sure how long that would take to heal but I'm glad they are saying it is not major.

Im fully expecting at least 2 weeks of missed action. If he plays before 2 weeks, it will just go to show you how tough Dane is. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, T master said:

Yes it was a bad thing & he shouldn't have done it but i don't feel as you do that they should build a hangman's platform in front of the Ralph and make him a example .

Stop It.  Now.

You have no idea how I feel, and to the extent I have expressed it it is NO WHERE CLOSE to "they should build a hangman's platform in front of the Ralph"

This kind of rampant misrepresentation is not OK.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That is pretty wild...based on this, I would say there is a chance he can play this week?

I would hope not.  So the "no major injury" would mean he avoided broken bones or nerve damage.  But he's going to be left dealing with sprained ligaments and sore muscles.  They need to heal and get back to the functional strength where they protect his spine.

I'm sure he wants to be out there, but he really needs to heal up from this.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

No "major" injury. That's all we really know. I'm sure he is dealing with something.

Yep. At the very least I'm betting he is sore and stiff in his neck. That isn't fun but thank God it wasn't worse.

3 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Thank God! Thought I watched a young guy with his whole career ahead of him get his neck or back broken by an idiotic shot from his own teammate. This is incredible news, so happy to hear it!

Your take is moronic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Thank God! Thought I watched a young guy with his whole career ahead of him get his neck or back broken by an idiotic shot from his own teammate. This is incredible news, so happy to hear it!

Idiotic shot?

Football is a violent fast game. 
I didn’t see anything that Edmunds did wrong. 

of course he wasn’t trying to snap Jackson’s neck. These occurrences are inevitable if a player is tackling aggressively. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.