Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

Released this morning and walked out of the hospital; no problem.

39 minutes ago, wjag said:

Wow.  No way I would have thought having your head pushed back violently like a pez dispenser would allow you to walk out of a hospital hours later.  Strength and conditioning of the neck I guess.

The really dangerous injuries generally result from having your head violently pushed forward. 

For some reason the human body is designed to be much more resilient in instances where your head is pushed backward🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Dane Jackson injury (update - teams announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)
1 minute ago, Simon said:

Released this morning and walked out of the hospital; no problem.

The really dangerous injuries generally result from having your head violently pushed forward. 

For some reason the human body is designed to be much more resilient in instances where your head is pushed backward🤷‍♂️

That is pretty wild...based on this, I would say there is a chance he can play this week?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I do.

Coming back to football means he didn't suffer a serious injury.

I thought for sure it was a career ender or worse. I’m so happy it wasn’t that bad, but your exactly right, coming back to football would the the best news regarding the severity. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Malice or not, it was stupid.  Dane was lying there curled away from the player, not making any attempt to hold him down.  He could have gotten his foot out (and probably more quickly) without throwing Dane aside like that.

He knew it right away, too.  Did you see Poyer shove him back, point at Dane and say something?   The guy just took the shove and stood there with a dumb look on his face like "oops".

I wouldn't be surprised if that little maneuver helped get the Bills that extra bit of "crunk" for the 3rd quarter, bad enough to have your brother get hauled off in an ambulance, worse if your opponent rag-dolled him while he was helpless on the ground.

I don't think he was malicious or dirty "oh the guy's injured and can't get up, lemme throw him around."  But guys who are trying to delay the opponent getting up position themselves differently and act differently.  Rook has to read the vibe.

Have any of us said it was the smartest thing he could have done did we in any way advocate that he should be forgiven for his actions ? NO !!! 

Yes it was a bad thing & he shouldn't have done it but i don't feel as you do that they should build a hangman's platform in front of the Ralph and make him a example .

Gronks hit on Tre yah intentionally bad - The hit that Landry put on Arron Williams dirty 100% & it probably helped to end the guys career & was intentional but i still don't think this guy was thinking in that way .

Thank god and thanks for the update !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Terrific news! I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he plays on Sunday though.

I would be surprised. This team is one of the most cautious with injuries I can remember. They do not play anyone unless there is zero risk AND they have plenty of practice time.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If he has no injuries, wouldn't that be fully healed?

No "major" injury. That's all we really know. I'm sure he is dealing with something.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.