Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Less than a minute left in the half. Defensive players often lay on offensive players to kill the clock. He probably thought Dane was doing that and didn’t realize he was hurt. 

I don't like it, but you're probably right

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steel City Mafia said:

Could be fine for all we know and play next week. Prayers up

Anything is possible, especially positive that he had movement in extremities.  Hoping for this.

Cam Lewis had a concussion a few yrs ago, stretcher took him off.  Never know with neck injuries, but better to be cautious.

"

According to the Pro Football Docs, Jackson appeared to suffer a potential cervical spinous process fracture – aka a clay-shoveler's fracture – which could heal before the end of the regular season without surgery.

Most importantly, while gruesome, the injury carries no risk of associated spinal cord or head injuries. "

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

"

According to the Pro Football Docs, Jackson appeared to suffer a potential cervical spinous process fracture – aka a clay-shoveler's fracture – which could heal before the end of the regular season without surgery.

Most importantly, while gruesome, the injury carries no risk of associated spinal cord or head injuries. "

Diagnosis of that degree via live video and replay is insane.  That's a pretty big injury to diagnose. It could be a sprain, a stinger, a lot of things and I don't like the jump to worst possible thing ever 

• Agree 7

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Diagnosis of that degree via live video and replay is insane.  That's a pretty big injury to diagnose. It could be a sprain, a stinger, a lot of things and I don't like the jump to worst possible thing ever 

Ya I honestly think that's so irresponsible on their end to diagnose that without doing an evaluation on Dane

55 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Less than a minute left in the half. Defensive players often lay on offensive players to kill the clock. He probably thought Dane was doing that and didn’t realize he was hurt. 

It’s not the opposing teams job to fix that and we shouldn’t normalize it for this very reason 

15 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He was wrong on Zach Wilson and Herbert.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.