Dane Jackson injury (update - team announces no major injury to neck or spinal cord 🙏)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

He used both arms to slap the ground and then pulled his legs up, bent at the knee.  So, I was always optimistic. 

I was there for the K. Everett game and that was tons scarier.  

Same and same. I was relieved when I went back and saw him writhing around (using his legs) and punching the turf.

And I will always remember being at that game, watching the opening kickoff and seeing Everett go down. As a long time player, I knew from the moment he impacted with the blockers it was really bad. Healthy bodies dont move/flop like his did. Grabbed my dad's arm and was pointing to him while everyone was watching the ball/return. This Jackson injury was nothing like that.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and my friend broke his neck

My friend swam to shore and he had a broken neck 

Just another reason why I always watch the cliff divers from up on the cliffs ABOVE the actual divers....you kids! 

(I trust your friend is OK)

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just another reason why I always watch the cliff divers from up on the cliffs ABOVE the actual divers....you kids! 

(I trust your friend is OK)

After well over a year of physical therapy yea he’s good 

And there were actual no diving signs so he thought he was safe to swim… People weren’t actively cliff diving until the guy who Landed on him 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

After well over a year of physical therapy yea he’s good 

And there were actual no diving signs so he thought he was safe to swim… People weren’t actively cliff diving until the guy who Landed on him 

Sheeesh.  Friend of mine fell off a trampoline in high school. He spent about six months in a body cast.  But back to Dane, these athletes never cease to amaze me. They are young and fit and recover incredibly fast. Not to mention the quality of the care they get.  If that had been me, I'd have been laid up until Christmas! 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sheeesh.  Friend of mine fell off a trampoline in high school. He spent about six months in a body cast.  But back to Dane, these athletes never cease to amaze me. They are young and fit and recover incredibly fast. Not to mention the quality of the care they get.  If that had been me, I'd have been laid up until Christmas! 

Yea you really never know how serious it is

thankfully and luckily it looks like Dane will be able to recover pretty fast …

Stay safe and God bless Dane!

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s true but You can break your neck without being paralyzed

My friend had somebody fall on top of him from diving from a small Cliff… The dude landed on top of him and my friend broke his neck

My friend swam to shore and he had a broken neck 

I broke my arm playing pickup football and did not notice it.  When adrenalin was out of my system I discovered I broke both of my bones in my forearm clear through and my arm made a Z shape.  I was in cast for next few weeks.  Broke cast over head of someone who thought it was funny that he could pin me with good arm in locker.  While he was stunned I picked him up with one good arm and held him by his neck hanging over railing in Amsdell middle school (now called Frontier Middle School),  I was suspended for a week and him for a month. No one ever picked on me again in school.

It is a amazing what you can do when adrenalin and other hormones are high,  The opposite can happen if your nerve is hit at wrong angle.

24 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

So is this week unreasonable to expect him back?

Depends if Bills can get a doctor with reference from Mijami's doctor to clear him.

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I broke my arm playing pickup football and did not notice it.  When adrenalin was out of my system I discovered I broke both of my bones in my forearm clear through and my arm made a Z shape.  I was in cast for next few weeks.  Broke cast over head of someone who thought it was funny that he could pin me with good arm in locker.  While he was stunned I picked him up with one good arm and held him by his neck hanging over railing in Amsdell middle school (now called Frontier Middle School),  I was suspended for a week and him for a month. No one ever picked on me again in school.

It is a amazing what you can do when adrenalin and other hormones are high,  The opposite can happen if your nerve is hit at wrong angle.

Depends if Bills can get a doctor with reference from Mijami's doctor to clear him.

I mean, I get that it looked scary, but if there is no structural damage, there is not structural damage.  What would they have to wait to heal?  Sounds like just pain management and his mental state at this point that is in question.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

I mean, I get that it looked scary, but if there is no structural damage, there is not structural damage.  What would they have to wait to heal?  Sounds like just pain management and his mental state at this point that is in question.  

He is getting a chance to prove he can be a starting QB and I am sure he is doing everything he can to be availabllity.  Availability is one of the traits most football teams demand.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.