NFL Week #2 9/18/2022 - Post Game Thread - Titans at Bills

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

How nervous were you when they took out there starters in the 3rd quarter then?

Dude. It was wild!

I didn't put much down, so I am not going to pretend I am some crazy gambler rolling in dough. I was visiting with my grandfather and we were just sort of messing around. It paid out 9-1, so we will get a nice dinner. But it isn't like I am risking anything real. 

I try and find something I feel good about (and reasonable) outside of the Bills to keep me engaged. Then I will take some stupid prop bet on the Bills. More often than not my dumb bet and my smart bet cancel each other out.  

I don't make $400k per year. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Imagine Henry toting the rock in the Bills offense 😎

TBH, I think that may be a lot of Tennessee's problem.  To my eyes, Henry just doesn't have the same burst that he had before the broken bone in his foot.  Whether that's because he came back too early, or because it's lingering and he had to take time off to rehab off-season and couldn't train as he usually does - or whether, at close to age 29, he's just fallen off that "RB cliff", dunno

I will say Tennessee's OL appears to be doing them no favors.

The Bills are beating teams like Alabama beats some random cupcake week one in college football...except the Bills are doing it in the NFL...against the defending SB Champs on the road and last year's #1 seed in the AFC and against 2 good coaches.

It's just crazy.

• Like (+1) 2

Thought James Cook looked really good late in the game.  He, at least, showed the speed he’s capable of.  He also ran between the tackles to get that on tape.  

Khalil Shakir looked rough.  Not going to get on him for not making any plays, as Keenum and backups were in during garbage time looking like they were just trying to get the game over with.  That said.. he looked completely confused during a couple of the snaps with Allen.  

Benford looks like a stud out there.  He even has Richard Sherman tweeting about him.   

Elam also looked solid.   Needless to say, massive test for the rookie corners against Hill/Waddle this weekend. 

Rousseau & Edmunds look like they may be making that jump…

OL pass pro looks phenomenal through two games.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thought James Cook looked really good late in the game.  He, at least, showed the speed he’s capable of.  He also ran between the tackles to get that on tape.  

Khalil Shakir looked rough.  Not going to get on him for not making any plays, as Keenum and backups were in during garbage time looking like they were just trying to get the game over with.  That said.. he looked completely confused during a couple of the snaps with Allen.  

Benford looks like a stud out there.  He even has Richard Sherman tweeting about him.   

Elam also looked solid.   Needless to say, massive test for the rookie corners against Hill/Waddle this weekend. 

Shakir really did look like a deer in headlights 

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Hundred percent.  That play was drawn up and practiced.

It's great to have a QB who can make not only every throw in the book, but also a few that aren't. 

I wonder if we’re gonna see Bills on big brain football again because they saw something. 

Watching the replay here... there was a point with 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter where it was a 7-7 games and the Titans had crossed midfield on a drive. Milano drew a face mask on the guard (he would have made the play on the screen pass), and disrupted a couple more plays to force the punt. I think he gets the defensive MVP even without the pick-6.

Defense really was the standout unit more so than offense last night. Special teams too, really. But, most of the problems on offense were just Dabolling the short-yardage opportunities. The offense will always move because there is an answer for every defense that can be thrown at them at this point. They're too multiple, starting with the triple threat QB (pass, run, broken plays). That the O missed a fair number of opportunities and still effectively ended the competitive portion of the game by the middle of the 3rd quarter was just awesome. There's just this sense of a fuse burning down every time they're on the field. They will go off, just a matter of when.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

To me the highlight of the game was Marv Levy walking onto the field at 97 years old and pumping up the crowd. We all knew Kelly was the legend of the game but Marv Levy was unannounced. The place erupted when we he came out. It was then that the whole place knew we had won. 

I thought the coolest part was when Marv started to speak… the entire place went hush. It was unbelievable. 

59 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cook was our leading rusher last night 

Cook 11 carries/53 yards and used his speed to rip off a long 38 yard run - 4.8 yd average

Motor 6 carries/19 yards - 3.2 yd average

Moss 3 carries/17 yards - 5.7 average

Need to start giving Moss's carries to Cook

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Cook was our leading rusher last night 

Cook 11 carries/53 yards and used his speed to rip off a long 30 yard run - 4.8 yd average

Motor 6 carries/19 yards - 3.2 yd average

Moss 3 carries/17 yards - 5.7 average

Need to start giving Moss's carries to Cook

To be fair he got going at the end of the game when starters were out on both teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.