NFL Week #2 9/18/2022 - Post Game Thread - Titans at Bills

BuffaloBill

14 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I feel like he was going to call a timeout there anyways - it’s a normal situation where he understands points are on the line and likes to see the formation they come out in .

Challenges are rarely used now and maybe was hoping a bobble/possession was lost for a brief moment 

AND where timeouts are 30 seconds long, challenges are 2-3 minutes.  Nice respite for a team on their heals on that drive. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

AND where timeouts are 30 seconds long, challenges are 2-3 minutes.  Nice respite for a team on their heals on that drive. 

Yep - it didn’t work out but that was my thought process - give them a breather see what they came out with and who knows maybe the wr bobbled it after his foot drag 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Two very minor and under rated takeaways.

1) Oh yeah, Jake Kumerow, a special teams ace, can also play WR when needed in a pinch.

2) In his second career game (yes garbage time and 1 big play), James Cook led all players on the field in rushing...nice confidence builder.

I will take James Cook being a 4th quarter guy and learning the speed of the game. Moss even had a good hard run in the end also.

• Like (+1) 1

Can someone explain to be Tennessee’s defensive strategy? Instead of dropping back into a shell and protecting their banged up secondary, they seemed to be selling out to stop the run and bringing a ton of pressure (disguised rushes and blitzes), and then leaving Diggs 1 on 1.  It was a recipe for a blowout, and I am totally confused by it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can someone explain to be Tennessee’s defensive strategy? Instead of dropping back into a shell and protecting their banged up secondary, they seemed to be selling out to stop the run and bringing a ton of pressure (disguised rushes and blitzes), and then leaving Diggs 1 on 1.  It was a recipe for a blowout, and I am totally confused by it.

They were getting decent pressure on Allen in the first quarter and a half. Then Bud Dupree got injured and they decided to blitz instead of letting Allen sit back there all day and pick them apart. Which is why Allen's time to throw was still pretty low at 2.6 sec. Kind of a no win situation for them with the injuries to their edge rushers and secondary. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You can either pressure Josh or sit back and let him pick you apart. They chose the former in many instances and got destroyed. The Rams, for the most part tried the latter, and got destroyed. Pick your poison.

1 minute ago, Mikie's Bills said:

They were getting decent pressure on Allen in the first quarter and a half. Then Bud Dupree got injured and they decided to blitz instead of letting Allen sit back there all day and pick them apart. Which is why Allen's time to throw was still pretty low at 2.6 sec. Kind of a no win situation for them with the injuries to their edge rushers and secondary. 

Didn't realize Bud Dupree got injured.  You would think a loss of that significance would make it to the broadcast.  Unless it did and I just didn't catch it.  Dupree and next week's Melvin Ingram are significant rushing problems for the Bills.

11 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Just to be picky:

Conversion on short downs tonight was a concern. We have the firepower to do it but play calling and execution did not work tonight.

If we could review our challenge system it would be great. The idea is to throw the flag when there’s a good chance they’ll reverse a decision - not when they clearly got it right in the first place.

That was not Josh at his best, which is actually worrying for everyone else as he was still great. It almost felt like we went from running him a lot to not running him at all. We need to be able to strike a happy medium.

A very enjoyable game, injuries aside.

My guess from my idiot brain is that it is because of how much we line up in shotgun. It puts our RB's at a disadvantage for those grind it out yards because they take the ball flat footed. Which means defenses can rush without worrying too much about the RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, boater said:

My take-aways include, but are not limited to:

1. Case Keenum is not very good, and it will be a dark day if he's playing other than garbage time.

2. In the past, the Bills had faltered in front of an enthusiastic home crowd, pressure. This is no longer a problem. The crowd was lights out tonight---and the players remained dialed into their game plan.

3. The jury is still out on Cook, but I saw positive flashes.

The jury is still out on him after two career games?

Man, you guys are tough!

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Shhhh!

Don't tell Rachel!

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

My guess from my idiot brain is that it is because of how much we line up in shotgun. It puts our RB's at a disadvantage for those grind it out yards because they take the ball flat footed. Which means defenses can rush without worrying too much about the RB. 

I agree, but we don't always have to line up in shotgun. We seem allergic to the sneak.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Belichick should really stop letting him make the draft picks though.

He should be careful throwing Vrabel under the bus pretty sure he'd get snagged and sucked under too.

Yep, the Tennessee fans are already calling for the Malik Willis era to begin. Many are saying both he and Henry are done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.