NFL Week #2 9/18/2022 - Post Game Thread - Titans at Bills

BuffaloBill

Just watched the Gilliam TD again.  The play is blown up from the snap.  Somehow Gilliam gets out of the tackle.  Then watch it from there.  The team walled off the Titans with blocks down field.  An absolute clinic on downfield blocking.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

Tennessee press just brutal to the coach in the loss.  Vrabel stood up there and took it, but what brutal questions to have to answer about his team and his coaches/coaching..

He is not the first and wont be the last to stand up and answer questions about his manhood after getting shellacked by a much superior team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Mosses snaps seem to disproportionately be actual touches.

Kind of hard to complain after two weeks of offensive dominance, but I’d love to see them give Motor a workhorse type load one of these games, he really has looked great w limited touches. 

This is the only complaint I have on offense.  Singletary needs to get the lions share of touches.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

For those of you who watched on TV, how bad was the “simulcast” with the Eagles-Vikings game?   Did they do it sparingly, or was it a split screen basically nonstop starting at 8:30?

Sparingly.  When the Bills were huddled or an injury, it was split screen.  As soon as the ball was about to be snapped, it would get big again.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

For those of you who watched on TV, how bad was the “simulcast” with the Eagles-Vikings game?   Did they do it sparingly, or was it a split screen basically nonstop starting at 8:30?

On ESPN, it was annoying but the split screen was only shown between plays. They were full-time split screen on ESPN2.

40 minutes ago, wjag said:

Tennessee press just brutal to the coach in the loss.  Vrabel stood up there and took it, but what brutal questions to have to answer about his team and his coaches/coaching..

There is panic in Nashville because Tennessee is SEC country, where every loss means the end of your season. But the Titans are in the AFC South. I think they still win the division.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

sparingly, but it got used with under 2 minutes to go with the Bills in the RedZone and I was tearing my hair out

• Like (+1) 1

Really happy with the D.

Allen, of course, is amazing.  Plus he's a pretty delightful guy, too.

Lots of weapons and options on O.

I'm not really bellyaching when I mention a few negatives, and this is nitpicking, obviously, because this is a strong team, but here's to hoping that these don't become a trend

1. lack of running
  2. not putting other team away in the first half
  3. there was a punt last night (unacceptable: no punting is allowed HAHA)
  4. OL play was weird later in the game

Still, if this was a taste of what we'll see all season + playoffs, serve me plate after plate of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

GBU…

Good - Diggs, Allen, Defense & the sea of red, white & blue that filled the stadium.

Bad - Staffer who advised McD to challenge the reception.

Ugly - Vrabel

I feel like he was going to call a timeout there anyways - it’s a normal situation where he understands points are on the line and likes to see the formation they come out in .

Challenges are rarely used now and maybe was hoping a bobble/possession was lost for a brief moment 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.