OJ's in town

Shaw66

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Thumbs up would (sadly) win in a landslide.  

Gug hearing OJ is in town brings up a lot of emotions for me. All the way from seeing him live at Rich stadium,  his endorsements, media TV announcer....to now ex con and felon/murderer. Oh yeah I think he needed rot in jail for what he did. Seeing he out of prison and schmoozing it up at Bills games i disgusting on its face. So we need to suck it up and know he is gonna do what he wants wether we like it or not. Overall is he a guy that people still look up to? Pfffft that would be people who believe in redemption, people who think he is due respect if not just for his football stats/career...I honestly dont think that number is very many.

**limp clap** oj you had all and u ***** your own life up here on earth. God will be your ultimate judge hermano. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I hope there is an update to this thread during the game, that someone punched OJ in the face, and follows with “that was for Nicole”, and walks away. 

hence why I was asking about his seating at highmark. Dude wouldn't just sit in the stands would he? I would think he needs security at a venue like tonight. No guarantees he is going to be welcomed with open arms by bills mafia. Im curious.he has to be in a box. Just a guess.

Edited by muppy

59 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

One of the best RB in Bills history and listed on the wall of Bills fame. 

will he be leading the team onto the field?

That would be high drama for the national TV audience much more for the home crow wouldnt it.....Oh My. Just NO

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

One of the best RB in Bills history and listed on the wall of Bills fame. 

will he be leading the team onto the field?

I am going to be very harsh.  This is an affront to humanity.

If the Bills did this, then the NFL should go as far out of its way as it needs to to prevent the Bills from ever making the playoffs again.  And if he dies of anything resembling natural causes, such as a heart attack, cancer, etc., then the Bills should be forcibly moved to Toronto and all fomer Bills fans and their descendants should be permanently banned from football games at any level in perpetuity.

When I was in the 3rd grade (1993) my teacher gave us an assignment to write a paper about any historical person. Being a young Bills fan, I chose to write about OJ Simpson. As an 8-year old, the 1970s seemed historical at the time haha. I remember going to the library and checking out books about him to gain the information I needed. Unlike most school projects, I really enjoyed completing that one.

Then the murders happened, I gave OJ the benefit of the doubt and hoped that he wasn't involved. On June 17th, I remember returning home late one evening and turning on the tv to watch OJ eluding police in the white bronco. At that time I figured he was 100% guilty. All of the evidence presented afterwards pointed to him. His actions were senseless, selfish and evil. 

Pretty good lesson for me at that age to never put any celebrity on a pedestal of hero worship. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Honestly, why are we even discussing this.  "He is just a human being who did some things".  Seriously?

Yea that is a little crass. Everyone has an OJ opinion tho and it can’t be changed. 

3 hours ago, Irv said:

This is the only good thing to come from the whole OJ ordeal.  

Thanks for posting man. I loved this!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that people feel that way, and I'm not here to convince you feel any other way about him.  

My view is different.  The way we operate in this country is that we have a criminal and a civil justice system to address problems like this.   The system is pretty good, and in fact it's better than most other countries, but it isn't perfect.  The point of having the system is that the system imposes the penalties on people, rather than having private citizens impose the penalties.   That means to me that my job, as a private citizen, is to accept the outcome of the criminal and civil processes and move on.  The guy is entitled to come out of the process free to move on with his life.   He's just a human being who did some things and on whom the society has imposed some collection of consequences.   It doesn't mean he isn't a human being trying to make a life for himself.  

Having said that, I don't want my team welcoming back into the fold.   From the Bills' point of view, he has to be OJ, private citizen, for the rest of his life.  

"who did some things" 🙄

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If taking his name off the wall makes him stop coming to Bills games, please, Mr and Mrs Pegula, make it happen. Now. I mean surely they’re not gonna put his name up there all over again in the new stadium? 

Pretty sure just not including his name is how they're planning on sweeping that issue under the rug without making a big deal about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.