OJ's in town

Shaw66

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think thumbs down would win.  Judging by the Reponses to this thread looks more thumbs down.

I know that I created a poll a while back asking if his name should be on the Wall.  The Yes votes far outnumbered the No votes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was just getting old enough to pay attention to football when OJ was reaching his prime. He was my first celebrity hero.

Shortly after he retired - I was probably in high school at the time - we started hearing reports of police being called to his house on suspicion of domestic violence. If it happens once, then maybe you give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that an argument got loud, maybe a door was slammed, and the neighbors overreacted and called the cops. But this happened several times, so at some point, I had to assume that he was a wife-beater. All respect lost. That's when I decided not to idolize celebrities anymore.

After the murders, when he was threatening to commit suicide, all I could think was, "Do it and save the criminal justice system a bunch of money."

• Like (+1) 2

I met OJ once years ago when I was out in Cali. It was late at night and he must have been jogging because he was out of breath.

This was the days before camera phones so instead of a selfie I asked for an old fashioned autograph. Unfortunately he was unable to grip the pen because his gloves were too tight. I remember thinking, all your money and you can't buy gloves that fit?

Still, I'll always have the memory

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No idea what to think.  I'd not talk to him and disappointed he is in Buffalo and the fact he'll be in someone's suite just seems wrong.  

I hate the argument that he did his time or other cliches.  

He should be sitting in a prison cell for the rest of his life. Not playing golf and chuming it up in NFL suites. Just wrong in so many ways.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm really stunned about how forgiving some people are on this thread.  The evidence against him was massive, there are no other suspects, the DA completely failed to prosecute an easy case which should have never been lost and finally he has never felt bad or even pretended to at the death of his ex wife and mother of his children (Even if he didnt do it). The man is sociopathic narcissist and disgusting excuse of human being. I dont want him anywhere near this team now or ever again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

I know somebody who was flying in for the game on Saturday, first class...OJ was sitting in front of him.  He's doing okay.  Loved the guy growing up (who didn't?) but am kind of pissed off that he is now glomming on to the current Bills...if they have the kind of year that many are expecting. no doubt it won't go unnoticed.  

He was at games when the Bills were doing badly too, (early 2000s) just like other Bills alumni and usually sitting in a suite.  It’s not as deep as you want to make it out to be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.