OJ's in town

Shaw66

I respect Shaw and enjoy almost all of his takes, but this is one, and a subject, that is best kept to oneself. 

Acknowledging his greatness as a football player is one thing.  It's the truth, the records exist and it's okay to go back and fondly relive the memories of watching him play.  Hell, even forgiving him in your heart for his egregious sins, while not a popular stance with 95% of human beings, is certainly within the realm of what I might find acceptable for a practicing Christian.  But wishing him well and hoping he's found peace?  I just can't see how someone who was such a bad person can ever be afforded this kind of compassion.   To me it feels like a violation of the Goldmans and Browns.  

I'm not one who thinks he should be taunted or attacked every day for the rest of his life by passersby - there's already enough hate and negative energy in the world - so I just say completely ignore him as if he no longer exists.  He is a man completely controlled by ego.  He needs to feel important, so ignore him and refuse to feed it.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Fell on tough times if he has to stay at the Courtyard. I mean, I stay at Courtyards but my life would be considered tough times for a celebrity…

Brand new across from airport. Legend of the game 

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

I thought the debate was between Juice and Cookie?

This is wackadoo level stuff from the OP.  

A likely murderer used the vast resources at his disposal and got a "not guilty" verdict as a result.  

The fact that you were star-struck seeing him and needed to go and tell him what a great RB you thought he was is just weird.  I can separate the man from the sport but I wouldn't go and idolize him if I saw him, I'd be grossed out, because he's a gross man who likely killed his wife. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shaw, you’re a forgiving man.  He recvd just punishment for the later crimes, but too murder you're wife and her lover is disgraceful.  

Why the guy didn’t just divorce her is beyond me.  I’m now happily divorced, but I’d never wish any harm on my ex.  

Even if she was horrible, I don’t possess the gene to kill someone unless my kids lives were at risk.

Jesus forgave 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jesus forgave 

“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Luke 17:3-4

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

1 John 1:9

Still waiting on OJ's confession and repentance. 

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

A likely murderer used the vast resources at his disposal and got a "not guilty" verdict as a result.  

The fact that you were star-struck seeing him and needed to go and tell him what a great RB you thought he was is just weird.  I can separate the man from the sport but I wouldn't go and idolize him if I saw him, I'd be grossed out, because he's a gross man who likely killed his wife. 

How did the resources work out for Epstein and Weinstein?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Shaw, you’re a forgiving man.  He recvd just punishment for the later crimes, but too murder you're wife and her lover is disgraceful.  

Why the guy didn’t just divorce her is beyond me.  I’m now happily divorced, but I’d never wish any harm on my ex.  

Even if she was horrible, I don’t possess the gene to kill someone unless my kids lives were at risk.

This is, of course, a subject of massive debate. However, it can easily be argued that he received an unjustified sentence for the robbery crimes to make up for the unjustified acquittal on his murder charge. OJ received a sentence of 33 years for the robbery case. That sentence is more than many receive for murder or attempted murder. It seems like the universe (or the judge) tried to correct the clearly incorrect acquittal of murder by imposing an exceptionally harsh sentence for the robbery. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

10 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

As someone who threw out his OJ jersey the day of the murders because I was certain he had done them, I am with you.

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How did the resources work out for Epstein and Weinstein?

I can state for the record that a LOT of people in WNY knew what kind of sleazeball Harvey Weinstein was back when there was Harvey and Corky.  How he got as far as he did still baffles me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what was the son's motive?  I did read about it a long time ago, and it's still wrong morally as you point out.  But it does put him in a bit different light.  But the fact that OJ also went bizzark getting alleged property back and did time for that makes it more likely to me he did the murder as well (unhinged guy)

The theory goes that it was a combo of rage and jealousy, some things he said in his deposition point that he might have had a “thing” for Nicole. He also had a history of violence, including assaulting a gf with a knife. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.