OJ's in town

Shaw66

40 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Have you ever looked into the theory that his son Jason committed the crime and OJ took the wrap for his son because he thought he could (and did) beat the charge? 

It's got enough going for it to make you wonder. It would certainly re-paint OJ in a better light as someone who was willing to be branded a murderer for his kid (though even that action has some dubious morality to it). 

None of us will probably ever know for sure. 

There was a show on a couple of years ago (around the same time as the Mini Series and the ESPN documentary) on one of the cable channels that spent a considerable amount of time investigating the popular theory that Jason Simpson committed the crime. The show more or less disproved the theory.

17 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

It didn't. His DNA was never found at the crime scene, it was found outside the home. And obviously his defense team made a successful defense against that. 

Outside the home was the crime scene.   The successful defense was that it was planted by racist cops.  But since he didn't do it, the cops framed some other guy....makes total sense.  What color is the sky in your world?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Oh, yeah.   He's traveling in our circles now, I suspect. 

But if he's at SoFi last week and Buffalo this week he is still doing better than a lot of folks.  

In general, things like pensions, IRAs, 401Ks, and SS are exempt from financial court rulings.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

A million puke emojis is not enough for this heart warming story about a murderer.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I met OJ when I was 12 at Hooters.  He was very nice.  I didn't know at the time what was happening but 3 Hooters blonde haired waitresses went upstairs and into his room.  Maybe they were playing Jenga or something?

he had a room at Hooter’s?

45 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Does it though?  That makes him an accomplice to murder at the very least.  

My father was murdered when I was 18, still unsolved today and I’m 46.  I can tell you for a fact, had OJ been a fake fall guy just to beat the charges and cover up for his son who was the real murderer, that wouldn’t be a hero to me, that would be a murderers accomplice and I’d want justice against both of them.

There is nothing about OJ that is a hero.  He was a woman beater before the murders.  He is a total piece of s**t and stunned people giving him sympathy like he got a raw deal here.  

Dude directly murdered 2 people (or helped cover up for his son murdering 2 people).  He should be in jail for life…period.  

He did not serve his time.  

I am terribly sorry to hear this and may God continue to carry you and your family through this horror.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I was in the main lobby of Capen Hall at the UB North campus between classes when the OJ vedict came down on radios students had at various locations, there may have been a TV set up as well but it was a long time ago. I recall many gasps from women, and also a few loud cheers from African American men who were happy for Simpson. It was a very weird environment to be in. It wasn't fun.

Not sure I could ever talk to OJ in person.

The African American community was definitely in a tough position during that case, and all because of OJ's defense team.  Their vested interest was fueled by 200 years of social injustice in this country.  With the racial tone OJ's defense took it making it about racist cops, this case for them became all about an African American against the corrupt system.  It became less about him being guilty or innocent than it was seeing an African American getting a victory against a legal system that has been rigged against their people for pretty much all of the existence of the United States.  

So, even though I feel it's pretty obvious he is involved in the murder, most likely the murderer himself, I never faulted anyone from their community for rallying around the not-guilty verdict, as it gave them hope for change.  And all these years later, some change has happened, but a lot more change is still needed within our policing and legal system when it comes to the fair treatment of minorities.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that people feel that way, and I'm not here to convince you feel any other way about him.  

My view is different.  The way we operate in this country is that we have a criminal and a civil justice system to address problems like this.   The system is pretty good, and in fact it's better than most other countries, but it isn't perfect.  The point of having the system is that the system imposes the penalties on people, rather than having private citizens impose the penalties.   That means to me that my job, as a private citizen, is to accept the outcome of the criminal and civil processes and move on.  The guy is entitled to come out of the process free to move on with his life.   He's just a human being who did some things and on whom the society has imposed some collection of consequences.   It doesn't mean he isn't a human being trying to make a life for himself.  

Having said that, I don't want my team welcoming back into the fold.   From the Bills' point of view, he has to be OJ, private citizen, for the rest of his life.  

I understand where you are coming from...even if I don't necessarily feel the same about him current day.  He was a massive part of my childhood, so having no use for him is not easy. He was the greatest Bill of all time, with the possible exception of Bruce Smith.  Having negative feelings about him isn't something that comes easy. And, to be honest, as strongly as I feel about it, I'm not sure how I would react if I just ran in to him unexpectedly...he's still OJ!

I really don't like him being associated with the current team, in any way.  I don't believe the Bills have anything to do with it, but he is kind of interjecting himself into their story.  I am sure he feels that he is going to find some sympathy amongst Bills fans.  And obviously, it works for him  I believe he has been at all the home playoff games over the McDermott era, and was at the Rams opener... 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

This is prob gonna be considered controversial. And I did give you the vomit emoji, although I can see where you are coming from.

But mostly because he is responsible for the Kardashians, and well, i can't forgive him for that.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he had a room at Hooter’s?

I should have been a little more detailed.

It was inside the hotel where the Bills were staying at for Super Bowl 28 in Atlanta.  I was walking around the lobby to get autographs...I got about 20 from the players including Ralph Wilson.

I noticed OJ in the Hooters and waited for him to come out.  He did, signed my card and hat.  He went up the escalator.  A few minutes later, 3 blonde waitresses from Hooters also went up.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think that it is important to note that OJ was allegedly involved in previous domestic incidents, to include beating his wife and tossing her in a closet. 

It must be rough on narcissistic folks who were once admired across the country to get their asses kicked in a divorce like approx. 50% of the men in America. He should still be in jail but like Bill Kuntsler (for those that know who he is) personally told me, I believe that every person in America is entitled to the best legal defense that he or she can afford.

Often I hate the results, but I too would want it if I was in a jam.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Charles Manson got fan letters daily.  Fandom does not make him a good guy.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

The only subject of debate he is involved in is did he directly murder, assist in the murder, or have those 2 people murdered and get away with it.  Literally nobody cares about how he compares to other Bills RB's, nor is debating it.  

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

He took what the system imposed on him?  You realize he served no time right for the actual murders?  And why exactly are you happy a man who almost certainly murdered 2 people or was directly involved found some peace?  Why does he deserve peace?  The families that lost 2 loved ones don't have peace, but you are happy he found peace?  

Sorry dude, this is a sad and disturbing take here.  And let's say someone truly believes he was innocent...This man was a woman beater BEFORE the murders...not suspected, he is a known abuser to Nicole before he murdered them.  Nothing about this man deserves peace, he was a POS before the murders and he has been nothing but a POS since the murders.  

He literally wrote a book about how he would have murdered her if he "had" done it.  I mean come on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.