OJ's in town

Shaw66

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I know somebody who was flying in for the game on Saturday, first class...OJ was sitting in front of him.  He's doing okay.  Loved the guy growing up (who didn't?) but am kind of pissed off that he is now glomming on to the current Bills...if they have the kind of year that many are expecting. no doubt it won't go unnoticed.  

I guess I'm not surprised.   He had good lawyers, and who knows how wealthy he was before all of his story began.   The lawyers would have been focused seriously on preserving wealth for him after society was done "processing" him through the legal system.   Actually, I'm a lawyer who knows some things about personal wealth planning and I represented a guy on his way to prison for life for killing his wife, and all we talked about was ways to preserve his wealth so he could use it to take care of his kids.  OJ had better lawyers than that guy.  

I can't imagine the Bills are going to be all that welcoming to his efforts to re-connect with the team, and I would think that OJ or his people are smart enough to understand that.   Still, there are a lot of fans - like me - who are willing to look past the ugliness, remember his greatness. and ask for a selfie. 

I talked to him because I always regret not having stopped Jim Brown and asking to shake his hand when I passed him one day in the stadium after a Browns-Bills preseason game.  I decided I wouldn't miss this opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

16 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Have you ever looked into the theory that his son Jason committed the crime and OJ took the wrap for his son because he thought he could (and did) beat the charge? 

It's got enough going for it to make you wonder. It would certainly re-paint OJ in a better light as someone who was willing to be branded a murderer for his kid (though even that action has some dubious morality to it). 

None of us will probably ever know for sure. 

Ummm…no!   If I ever crossed paths with him, I would not ask to take a pic, ask for an autograph, or even say hello.  In fact I’d be tempted to tell him to go burn in hell. 

F OJ. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Have you ever looked into the theory that his son Jason committed the crime and OJ took the wrap for his son because he thought he could (and did) beat the charge? 

It's got enough going for it to make you wonder. It would certainly re-paint OJ in a better light as someone who was willing to be branded a murderer for his kid (though even that action has some dubious morality to it). 

Of course wild arse conspiracy theories are going to pop up, you can believe a Martian killed the two if you want to.  I am not going to waste more time even discussing it after more evidence emerged post trial implicating OJ like his Bruno Magli (sic) shoes.

The only one that knows for sure is OJ but he is such a narcistic, pathetic lair he probably has convinced himself now he didn't do it.

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ .

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

He's a POS who took the lives of two innocent people in a brutal and heinous manner ! For you to even approach the monster is unforgivable. 

He deserved to be found guilty and then be put to death "But" the makeup of that jury from the start spelled out how the verdict would play out. 

"Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so".

What an ignorant statement. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace.    

He's a murderer and I hope he rots in hell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I personally would do anything for my kids, even if it meant taking the blame for murder. 

Watch the Not Guilty decision on Youtube. Who had the strongest emotional reaction on OJ's side of the aisle? Is that normal? 

I haven’t watched it in awhile but I remember there was a lot of evidence / story around his son - but can’t remember the details

13 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

So How did OJ's blood end up at the scene again if his son did it?

It didn't. His DNA was never found at the crime scene, it was found outside the home. And obviously his defense team made a successful defense against that. 

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Does it though?  That makes him an accomplice to murder at the very least.  

My father was murdered when I was 18, still unsolved today and I’m 46.  I can tell you for a fact, had OJ been a fake fall guy just to beat the charges and cover up for his son who was the real murderer, that wouldn’t be a hero to me, that would be a murderers accomplice and I’d want justice against both of them.

There is nothing about OJ that is a hero.  He was a woman beater before the murders.  He is a total piece of s**t and stunned people giving him sympathy like he got a raw deal here.  

Dude directly murdered 2 people (or helped cover up for his son murdering 2 people).  He should be in jail for life…period.  

He did not serve his time.  

Sorry to hear about that tragedy. 

Listen I'm not trying to defend OJ. He was a player before my time and I don't have any sentimental connection to him. But there was a lot about that investigation that was mishandled. It's a damn shame there will never be justice for the victims, no matter who you think the killer was, because of that. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I personally would do anything for my kids, even if it meant taking the blame for murder. 

Watch the Not Guilty decision on Youtube. Who had the strongest emotional reaction on OJ's side of the aisle? Is that normal? 

If one of your children commits murder, you know about it, and are willing to go to jail for them, it doesn’t make you a good parent.  It makes you…

NVM

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Ummm…no!   If I ever crossed paths with him, I would not ask to take a pic, ask for an autograph, or even say hello.  In fact I’d be tempted to tell him to go burn in hell. 

F OJ. 

I get that people feel that way, and I'm not here to convince you feel any other way about him.  

My view is different.  The way we operate in this country is that we have a criminal and a civil justice system to address problems like this.   The system is pretty good, and in fact it's better than most other countries, but it isn't perfect.  The point of having the system is that the system imposes the penalties on people, rather than having private citizens impose the penalties.   That means to me that my job, as a private citizen, is to accept the outcome of the criminal and civil processes and move on.  The guy is entitled to come out of the process free to move on with his life.   He's just a human being who did some things and on whom the society has imposed some collection of consequences.   It doesn't mean he isn't a human being trying to make a life for himself.  

Having said that, I don't want my team welcoming back into the fold.   From the Bills' point of view, he has to be OJ, private citizen, for the rest of his life.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I just met OJ in the lobby of the Courtyard at the airport.  He was sitting with a couple of guys, just hanging out.  A few fans came up and asked for selfies.  I'm not a selfie guy. 

He was wearing a Bills cap with, of course, the standing buffalo.

He was relaxed and smiling.   He said he's doing well, and his kids are happy.  He said all is good when your kids are happy.  

I told him he's the subject of debate around here about the best Bills running back of all time, and that the old guys around here have to explain that it isn't Thurman.  One of his companions sat there, nodding his head and smiling.  

Let's say hypothetically OJ did kill both Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman ... 

Does he deserve peace? Think about the parents of Nicole and Ron. Think about them, themselves. They never get to spend another day on earth.

If this were purely a football thread, I'd say yeah, he's a wonderful football player. But we seem to be talking about his character and his mental state, so I don't particularly hope he's relaxing and happy given what he allegedly did.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that people feel that way, and I'm not here to convince you feel any other way about him.  

My view is different.  The way we operate in this country is that we have a criminal and a civil justice system to address problems like this.   The system is pretty good, and in fact it's better than most other countries, but it isn't perfect.  The point of having the system is that the system imposes the penalties on people, rather than having private citizens impose the penalties.   That means to me that my job, as a private citizen, is to accept the outcome of the criminal and civil processes and move on.  The guy is entitled to come out of the process free to move on with his life.   He's just a human being who did some things and on whom the society has imposed some collection of consequences.   It doesn't mean he isn't a human being trying to make a life for himself.  

Having said that, I don't want my team welcoming back into the fold.   From the Bills' point of view, he has to be OJ, private citizen, for the rest of his life.  

Honestly, why are we even discussing this.  "He is just a human being who did some things".  Seriously?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

The evidence was clear for anyone who actually wanted to evaluate it honestly. It didn't matter. The trial became a referendum on racism in the LAPD and the verdict reflected it. It was a classic case of jury nullification.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Man's been through a lot, and probably deservedly so.  Many think he deserved greater punishment.  He took what the system imposed on him and has moved on, and I'm happy for him if he's found some peace."

I mean...wtf.

This is the ultimate definition of star struck.    

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Watch the trial. He's 100% guilty. My god...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.