9/19/22 Gameday Titans at Bills Week 2 Pregame Thread MNF!

Chandler#81

WOW!

The NFL is having seizures!

No one has seen the Bills since our stand-alone Opening Season game at the Champs, 11 long days ago. Out of sight, out of mind. Since we strolled triumphantly out of SoFi, the Dolphins have taken sole possession of 1st Place in the East and the Raiders, Bengals & Colts are winless.  #1 Seed Tennessee is in danger of joining the winless teams tonight. 3 minor -at the time- injuries now see our interior DL crippled as we face Derrick Henry and Gabe Davis is Questionable. As if we need a reminder, every week is different and every team is good! I’m as excited as I can be to have the nation watch our Home Opener tonight, but trepidation comes with the exuberance. Every team believes this is Their Year and our Division foes have us in their crosshairs, starting next Sunday in Miami.

So 1st things 1st. Bills Mafia truly CAN influence play on the field, as has been witnessed so many times in the past. Showing up and showing out is essential tonight to ward off a desperate Titans team. I fully anticipate their best Sunday (Monday?😳) Punch tonight, lest they remain in the AFCS cellar. If you expect another double-digit, sit back & enjoy high-flying butt-whoppin’, you may be in for a big surprise. Rather than becoming upset, ramp up your fandom! Summon the ghosts of glory past! Be the REASON the Bills overcome and prevail! 

Its a short week til we’re on the field in Palm Tree land and they’re waiting with knives in their teeth. In the way are the lone AFC Playoff Bye team who’s posted an 0-2 record since. 

Forget the high wire theatrics and 9-10 3rd Down conversions. These are street fights! Only the meanest dog survives!

Are you ready for some Football?!

From every seat in the stands, every stool in the bars & and every couch in our homes, 

GO BILLS!!

It’s a STREET BRAWL!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There were many times last season, where the Bills clearly tried to coast against inferior opponents.  They often struggled against teams that were very physical on both sides of the line of scrimmage (such as Tennessee).

I want to see this team laser-focused on a weekly basis.

This game will be a big test.

• Agree 1

This has been a long 11 days! 

Just now, Fallser said:

A bit nervous, not sure what to make of the Titans after losing to the Giants last week who ar now 2-0...maybe the Titans are worse, maybe the Giants are better...so many questions! Go Bills!

Giants aren't as bad as they have been, but I still put them towards the "flukey" team category. 

55 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Have the bills ever opened their 1st home game on a Monday night? I know there was the titans on Sunday night in 2000 and the jets on a Thursday in 2016

Oakland in 1974, Bills win 21-20, Ferguson to Ahmad Rashad and Blanda missed game winning FG on last play and OJ got hurt in the 1st half

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I think that points may be at a premium tonight.  Go Bills!!

at first I was thinking we’s move the ball very easily against a somewhat banged-up Titans’ D.  But Gabe Davis being out is huge.

I still think we win, but there’s going to be a few butt-clenching moments along the way.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.