Joel Osteen

Fleezoid

Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone. Joel Osteen is an evangelical christian. I used to think that was crap. But I shared an office with a coworker that was working toward his theology degree who eventually gave up good money to be a youth pastor. We had a lot of religious discussions. One time I brought up the TV evangelists and surprisingly, he didn't condemn them. He questioned their motivation, but he did say that all christians should be evangelists. in other words, if you're a christian, spread the word. I get that. 

Back to Osteen. He preaches good messages, which is cool, but he's gotten filthy rich. Is it wrong? I don't know, but I don't like it. It happens all the time. But that's not the main point. If you've watch Joel Osteen's sermons, you know he blinks alot!!. It's crazy. Public speaking is a big challenge for most people. When people are put in that position, alot of people compensate with repetitious physical movement. Osteen is a great orator, but I think his blinking is one of his uncontrollable speaking movements. So, it is, what it is. (I hate that phrase, but I need a seqway)

I gave a lot of background to ask this......Can someone create a video that has a gunshot sounds every time Osteen blinks? Not a long video....maybe 30 seconds. it would be rapid fire stuff. Anything more than 30 seconds would probably bring the cops. But 20-30 seconds would be awesome. Any good tech guys out there? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fleezoid

• Fleezoid changed the title to Joel Osteen

I'm fine with most anyone's PERSONAL religious beliefs.  However when they start to talk about it (evangelize), it turns me off completely.

OTOH, I have little issue with people spreading the basic tenets of most every major religion:

Peace. Love. Acceptance. Charity.  Stuff like that. It's in the details of organized religion where things go off the rails, IMO.  

And shouldn't this thread be moved? Or closed?

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Tele Evangelists, all have one thing in common. They are all Crooks...

I can’t go quite that far as I try to be careful with sweeping statements, but……..

During my real estate days one of our agents had a listing for $25 Million.  The seller  (celebrity) had over $40 Mil into it, but he just wanted out for greener pastures. He ended up getting $17+ Mil. The buyer, I am told, was a televangelist. This is where I may get close to the line, so I’ll let that hang  out there for a while…... 

Edited by Augie

45 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

A sweeping statement, is correct, regarding these bottom feeders.

They pocket the dough, and keep the suckers coming. If there are natural disasters, or situations where their 'Teleflock', might need some sort of assistance, they are nowhere to be found..

This guy paid $17.5 mil for a “nice place”. A single family resort on almost 20 acres on the water complete with resort pool/spa, hobby house (bigger than the average US home), massage rooms, a clay tennis court with a commercial kitchen and banquet hall, etc. I bet some people who had their home blown away by a hurricane would like a few nights there. 

Edited by Augie

On 9/18/2022 at 9:25 PM, Fleezoid said:

Hopefully this doesn't affend anyone. Joel Olsteen is an evangelical christian. I used to think that was crap. But I shared an office with a coworker that was working toward his theology degree who eventually gave up good money to be a youth pastor. We had a lot of religious discussions. One time I brought up the TV evangelists and surprisingly, he didn't condemn them. He questioned their motivation, but he did say that all christians should be evangalists. in other words, if you're a christian, spread the word. I get that. 

Back to Olsteen. He preaches good messages, which is cool, but he's gotten filthy rich. Is it wrong? I don't know, but I don't like it. It happens all the time. But that's not the main point. If you've watch Joel Olsteens sermons, you know he blinks alot!!. It's crazy. Public speaking is a big challenge for most people. When people are put in that position, alot of people compensate with repetitious physical movement. Olsteen is a great orator, but I think his blinking is one of his uncontrollable speaking movements. So, it is, what it is. (I hate that phrase, but I need a seqway)

I gave alot of background to ask this......Can someone create a video that has a gunshot sounds everytime Olsteen blinks? Not a long video....maybe 30 seconds. it would be rapid fire stuff. Anything more than 30 seconds would probably bring the cops. But 20-30 seconds would be awesome. Any good tech guys out there? Thanks in advdance.

LOL oh my gosh. There's a lot to unpack here. segueway to a ratta tatt tatt 30 second video to gunshot rapid fire? That is batschit crazy hermano LOL It reminded me of that scene from the Home Alone movie when Macauley Caulkin had the hand tape recorder and replayed  the gun fire to scare away the pizza guy.

I digress though. Joel Osteen is in my opinion a flawed servant of the most High God. His Lord and Savior is Jesus the Christ. I was born again at age 40 NOT a lifelong believer. Yes we are mandated as Christians to share the Gospel, aka evangelize our faith.  The fact he has raised a lot of money and lives a lavish lifestyle does seem a bit off. Im not saying he needs be a pauper but you would Hope that the majority of any earnings he makes would go back into ministry and not designer clothes. I dont send money to TV preachers. I have attended ministry crusades with the famous televangelist Billy Graham before he passed away.

I'll talk to anyone any time about my faith walk and how God has used me and blessed me beyond what I deserve. I dont bash people over the head with my Bible though. Peace Out

m

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'll talk to anyone any time about my faith walk and how God has used me and blessed me beyond what I deserve. I dont bash people over the head with my Bible though. Peace Out

m

I can respect that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

LOL oh my gosh. There's a lot to unpack here. segueway to a ratta tatt tatt 30 second video to gunshot rapid fire? That is batschit crazy hermano LOL It reminded me of that scene from the Home Alone movie when Macauley Caulkin had the hand tape recorder and replayed  the gun fire to scare away the pizza guy.

I digress though. Joel Osteen is in my opinion a flawed servant of the most High God. His Lord and Savior is Jesus the Christ. I was born again at age 40 NOT a lifelong believer. Yes we are mandated as Christians to share the Gospel, aka evangelize our faith.  The fact he has raised a lot of money and lives a lavish lifestyle does seem a bit off. Im not saying he needs be a pauper but you would Hope that the majority of any earnings he makes would go back into ministry and not designer clothes. I dont send money to TV preachers. I have attended ministry crusades with the famous televangelist Billy Graham before he passed away.

m

Muppy, Ifully respect that but do u think we are rewarded here on earth for good works?  Financially?  Seems the opposite of what I interpret the Bible says,

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jesus also spoke in allegories

And…just to put it in perspective, I’m a cradle Catholic and I don’t believe everything that comes out of the magisterium.  I do believe that we’d be better off following the golden rule: do unto others as…allegories are awesome. Love me some cs lewis

Edited by redtail hawk

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Muppy, Ifully respect that but do u think we are rewarded here on earth for good works?  Financially?  Seems the opposite of what I interpret the Bible says,

And…

He wasn’t necessarily saying rich people cannot get into heaven … the eye of the needle was a narrow gateway into Jerusalem… where enterers had to unload their belongings to enter 

The allegory was Jesus saying like a camel to enter the eye of a needle , a rich person would have to unload material possessions to enter heaven 

and plenty rich men do give … he wasn’t saying rich people can’t every heaven

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He wasn’t necessarily saying rich people cannot get into heaven … the eye of the needle was a narrow gateway into Jerusalem… where enterers had to unload their belongings to enter 

The allegory was Jesus saying like a camel to enter the eye of a needle , a rich person would have to unload material possessions to enter heaven 

and plenty rich men do give … he wasn’t saying rich people can’t every heaven

I get that. The false witness part is the kicker

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.