Evans - Lattimore fight

Bubba Gump

45 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

The whole point is, Brady should've just gone and sat down. But no, he had to make it worse. And then he stands back and enjoys the brawl. I don't hate Brady, but he has done this his whole career. He thinks he is untouchable. 

Well sadly he basically is untouchable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Generally I call them dopeys but not want to be reported for it.

Br*dy ball cleamer also applies.

I wouldn’t report it. We’re just having fun here. (I know what you mean though). 
I stand by my statement, the OP was wrong to blame the GOAT for this altercation. Almost embarrassing how slanted the post is. As I said in a previous thread, even after retirement Brady will haunt some people here. The OPs post is just one example. 

I'm all for a FAIR FIGHT but Evans has continually blind-sided Lattimore which seems like an extremely dangerous play. You can't hit someone like that in the game and hitting someone in the back of the head can lead to a concussion. If I'm the league I would fine Evans HEAVILY or suspend him 1 game as he doesn't seem to be getting the clue. Maybe Lattimore deserves it, I don't know, I just know that Evans is way bigger and he's running full speed at the back of his head like a punk

More than just Evans and Lattimore should get some grief for the whole thing.

Lattimore and quite possibly another saints defender, have a chirp at Brady in passing. Brady fires back, but also advances on Lattimore aggressively, who holds his ground.

Fournette then shoves Lattimore, who pushes him back, but with his hands partly on Fournettes helmet - probably why he got ejected.

Evans then blindsides Lattimore, and all hell breaks loose.

Evans should get a suspension, imho. If he does, they probably suspend Lattimore also, for their 'bad blood'.

I think that's unfair. For all that Lattimore may well be something of a catalyst, he's not the guy dishing out blindside hits, after the whistle has gone.

Brady and Fournette should also face punishment, imho - although I see that as just fines.

Brady could have easily chirped back while still walking away, and that would likely have been the end of it.

Fournette was the guy who first got physical in the situation, so bears a deal of responsibilty also.

There's also another Saints defender who got physically involved early, and he probably deserves to be fined also.

18 minutes ago, Buddo said:

More than just Evans and Lattimore should get some grief for the whole thing.

Lattimore and quite possibly another saints defender, have a chirp at Brady in passing. Brady fires back, but also advances on Lattimore aggressively, who holds his ground.

Fournette then shoves Lattimore, who pushes him back, but with his hands partly on Fournettes helmet - probably why he got ejected.

Evans then blindsides Lattimore, and all hell breaks loose.

Evans should get a suspension, imho. If he does, they probably suspend Lattimore also, for their 'bad blood'.

I think that's unfair. For all that Lattimore may well be something of a catalyst, he's not the guy dishing out blindside hits, after the whistle has gone.

Brady and Fournette should also face punishment, imho - although I see that as just fines.

Brady could have easily chirped back while still walking away, and that would likely have been the end of it.

Fournette was the guy who first got physical in the situation, so bears a deal of responsibilty also.

There's also another Saints defender who got physically involved early, and he probably deserves to be fined also.

Josh Allen does this, do you think he should face punishment?

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Fournette also should have been ejected from the game... his shove is what set everything off.

I sort of agree with this.

Trouble is, many contact sports penalize the guy who retaliates harder, and pretty much have done for years.

A good example of this would be soccer. Someone can commit a bad foul, kicking someone up in the air. The guy fouled, gets up and pushes the perpetrator in the face.

The end result of this, is likely to be a free kick for the initial foul, followed by a yellow card for the guy who committed it. And then a red card (ejection from the game) for the guy who retaliated.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Josh Allen does this, do you think he should face punishment?

So do lots of players. Difference being, I don't recall an episode of Allen trash talking, that ended up like what happened in the Bucs/Saints game.

Iirc, Allen has both been penalized on the field for 'unsportsmanlike conduct', and fined thereafter.

Don't remember Allen blindsiding anyone, coming off the sidelines to do so, either.

To conclude, Allen has already faced punishment, both on and off the filed, for actions on it, and tbh, rightfully so.

Also, fwiw, I dislike 'dirty' play of any sort, and would have no problem with anyone on the Bills being penalized for it.

Thankfully, as far as I can tell, the Bills currently, aren't in a hurry to do that sort of thing. :)

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

The Brady hate is laughable.

Allen does this and everyone "Love his fire"

When was the last time Allen's "fire" started a brawl?  Allen doesn't have to talk crap he simply runs people over.  LMAO man

Edited by Azucho98

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

The Brady hate is laughable.

Allen does this and everyone "Love his fire"

In respect of this, I would outline the same set of circumstances, in the same way, no matter the names involved. You could substitute any QBs name you like in there, and I would still say the same - i.e. he could have walked away while still chirping back, and as he didn't, but went back, deserves to be fined for his part in it.

As to Brady hating, I most certainly do, considering him a douchebag, cheat, and overrated - although he is still one of the best to have played, I wouldn't  crown him the goat at all.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.