NFLN Red Zone Channel…

LabattBlue

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Even if you don’t bet, or play fantasy football, the RZC is AWESOME, and must see TV, when the Bills aren’t playing.  

Maybe the greatest thing to happen to watching football in a long time. 

It’s addictive. Couldn’t follow s bills game through it though to much going on. 

I don’t really like it in the first half. I’d like it as an option, but I kind of prefer to watch full drives to get a feel for a game when it’s really just highlights early and nothing at stake. 

Second half, especially 4th quarter…oh boy!

I honestly think CBS used to have the best thing with March Madness where they would pop between games for me, but stick on a single game for a while, then another for a while, and then start popping around more quickly as things got intense. 

Then they went to individual channels per game, but never kept a version where they went around and picked a view for me, like how am I supposed to know when to switch, or I get stuck on a boring game and forget I have the option of switching. 

It’s kind of like the sports center argument that people can just go find highlights on Twitter, but it’s the curated aspect that was the value more than the fact that it could be found elsewhere. I’m not going to go check 20 Twitter posts for each mlb game from the night before. 

Red Zone is more curated, but yeah it switches too much and is hard to get into a flow for me until the end when there are stakes that I can use (they show each play of important drives that are important because it’s the last drive of the game, so you get a sense of the narrative).

I’m weird though, I prefer long form narrative articles to short articles that give me just enough info to falsely think I know something…give me that nuance!!

I like to read long posts on message boards that are interestingly written or teach me something too (I’m addition to enjoying writing long posts obviously)!

5 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I don’t really like it in the first half. I’d like it as an option, but I kind of prefer to watch full drives to get a feel for a game when it’s really just highlights early and nothing at stake. 

Second half, especially 4th quarter…oh boy!

I honestly think CBS used to have the best thing with March Madness where they would pop between games for me, but stick on a single game for a while, then another for a while, and then start popping around more quickly as things got intense. 

Then they went to individual channels per game, but never kept a version where they went around and picked a view for me, like how am I supposed to know when to switch, or I get stuck on a boring game and forget I have the option of switching. 

It’s kind of like the sports center argument that people can just go find highlights on Twitter, but it’s the curated aspect that was the value more than the fact that it could be found elsewhere. I’m not going to go check 20 Twitter posts for each mlb game from the night before. 

Red Zone is more curated, but yeah it switches too much and is hard to get into a flow for me until the end when there are stakes that I can use (they show each play of important drives that are important because it’s the last drive of the game, so you get a sense of the narrative).

I’m weird though, I prefer long form narrative articles to short articles that give me just enough info to falsely think I know something…give me that nuance!!

I like to read long posts on message boards that are interestingly written or teach me something too (I’m addition to enjoying writing long posts obviously)!

TLDR 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When I get buffalo in my local market on Sunday afternoon,I watch that game. 

if it’s on at 1 pm locally.  Primary tv station im on is cbs/ fox ehich r er it’s on, I’m during red zone.  During longer commercial breaks and half time and skim thru red zone to see what happened elsewhere.  If buffaloserms to have the game wrapped up in the 4 th I’ll watch more of red zone to see the close games finishing.

when it’s on local tv at 425 ( usually). Then there are 2-4 other games.  I’ll skim to the 4 th quarter on those and see the finishes of those after hills game.

when I don’t have it on local tv then I’m watching it. I’ve had trouble getting radio feeds of the games.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Even if you don’t bet, or play fantasy football, the RZC is AWESOME, and must see TV, when the Bills aren’t playing.  

It's the only way to watch if you don't have a dog in the fight

• Like (+1) 1

I was surprised to see that RZC on cable was different than DirecTv RZC. I found the coverage on the cable channel pretty poor - seems like they never knew when to jump into/out if games - they cut away in the middle of a kick last week. By contrast I think the DTV RZC with Andrew Siciliano very good - watched a bunch today with the Bills being off. 

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Contractually couldn't show certain OT games in certain time frames today. Disappointing for people who pay extra for the privilege. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.