Herm Edwards fired

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's too bad. I really like the guy, thought he'd do great at Arizona State. He's had a winning record every year (minus the short covid season where he went like 2-2) but this season. Not sure if ASU would ever be a powerhouse program. Only 5 seasons of 10 or more wins the past 40+ years. Watched the ASU v OSU game in Stillwater a week ago and they looked decent in the first half. 

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Watched the ASU v OSU game in Stillwater a week ago and they looked decent in the first half. 

"You play to win the whole game!"

Don't get mad at me...a lot of you were thinking that. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

Report: Arizona State staffers were leaking info to help opponents, get Herm Edwards fired

https://saturdayoutwest.com/arizona-state-sun-devils/report-arizona-state-staffers-were-leaking-info-to-help-opponents-get-herm-edwards-fired/

Well that's not a great look. Apparently it was due to Herm never bothering to learn all the NCAA recruiting rules and constantly jeopardizing the program (which is currently under investigation for Herm breaking recruiting rules). They got tired of babysitting him, so they started leaking team info to help the opponents and get him fired. Kinda makes sense, but damn, crazy drama.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was BSing with a bartender at Pressure Drop a few weeks ago. He is an ASU alum and was talking about what a disaster the program has become. Herm had every chance to make that a good program and he simply didn’t care enough. 

You play to draw a paycheque?! 🤔

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was BSing with a bartender at Pressure Drop a few weeks ago. He is an ASU alum and was talking about what a disaster the program has become. Herm had every chance to make that a good program and he simply didn’t care enough. 

He maybe could’ve made it sustainable in the PAC12 

they can’t recruit at a top level … hence herm was looking for character kids

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.