Orchard Park Alumni Shot/Dead in Tampa

T&C

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2022/09/17/university-of-tampa-student-shot-after-trying-to-get-into-other-man-s-car

His picture is in the link above.

The student has been identified as Carson Senfield, a 2021 graduate of Orchard Park High School in New York, according to the school district's superintendent in a statement.

According to witnesses, the student was hanging out with friends on South Howard Avenue and had caught an Uber to his home near the 1000 block of W Arch St. just prior to the incident, police said.

Officials said after the student got out of his Uber, he attempted to get into the car of another man who was parked nearby.

The driver, who police said did not know the student or why he was forcing his way into his vehicle and feared for his life, shot the student in the upper body.

The student died at the scene, officials said.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is somebody trying to open your car door enough to shoot them dead?

Was there a tussle? If there was no physical confrontation and he just shot him dead that might be manslaughter

It just happened within the last 24 hours so more will come out. There is a "stand your ground" law down here though. This is a wait and see for the evidence but no matter what it is a tragic incident.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Is somebody trying to open your car door enough to shoot them dead?

Was there a tussle? If there was no physical confrontation and he just shot him dead that might be manslaughter

In Florida it is with their stand your ground laws.

I mean should you be forced to allow yourself to be stabbed or shot because you have to wait to see if he has a knife or gun first? If someone does dumb stuff they have no business doing in a threatening manner towards another person, that's on them if something happens.

Like who goes up to a car someone is sitting in they have no idea who it is and tries to get in the car. I'd be thinking they were trying to car jack me.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean should you be forced to allow yourself to be stabbed or shot because you have to wait to see if he has a knife or gun first? If someone does dumb stuff they have no business doing in a threatening manner towards another person, that's on them if something happens.

Like who goes up to a car someone is sitting in they have no idea who it is and tries to get in the car. I'd be thinking they were trying to car jack me.

Or he was drunk and just thought it was his car

People do Mistakenly Try to open someone’s car they thought was theirs… especially at night and alcohol was probably involved

I’m not sure a simple mistake like that is worth killing someone … getting car jacked is a different story 

it’s all intent and you can typically tell intent… you know if you’re getting robbed … as someone who’s been robbed

If he was threatening the guy then of course he should have the right to defend himself 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

My buddy went to U of Tampa and if I'm remembering correctly, this is a really crummy part of town.  Kind of reminded me how Buff State was set up in Buffalo, where the campus is real close to some shady parts of town.

If someone tried to get into my car near some of the streets near Buff State, if would be tough to hold judgement to see if I was going to get shot or stabbed first.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

You cannot really hesitate anymore with the way humans are nowadays. Better to shoot first and worry about if they were dangerous later. 

Who knows the next time you wait to see what intentions they have could be your last.

Are you actually being serious?

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Or he was drunk and just thought it was his car

People do Mistakenly Try to open someone’s car they thought was theirs… especially at night and alcohol was probably involved

I’m not sure a simple mistake like that is worth killing someone … getting car jacked is a different story 

it’s all intent and you can typically tell intent… you know if you’re getting robbed … as someone who’s been robbed

If he was threatening the guy then of course he should have the right to defend himself 

I wasn’t even drunk, just careless leaving the grocery store a couple months ago. A huge parking lot and it seemed like half the cars were black sedans. I opened the driver door to find someone sitting in the drivers seat….of HIS car. Scared the crap out of both of us, until we both started laughing. It was an accident. Nobody should get shot over that. My car was two spots up the aisle. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I wasn’t even drunk, just careless leaving the grocery store a couple months ago. A huge parking lot and it seemed like half the cars were black sedans. I opened the driver door to find someone sitting in the drivers seat….of HIS car. Scared the crap out of both of us, until we both started laughing. It was an accident. Nobody should get shot over that. My car was two spots up the aisle. 

But picture that scenario occurring while it's pitch black outside in the middle of the night.  Every situation is different.  The driver sticking around and cooperating is going to carry a ton of weight in this one.  He's probably the only witness, unless that uber driver was still there.

On 9/18/2022 at 8:58 PM, Big Turk said:

Roll up your window and drive away?

But it's America, so anyway, I started blasting.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, Augie said:

I was six or so.  My mother did that.  Nobody locked their car in 1974.  We were leaving the store and she got into a blue Plymouth Valiant... I refused to get in.  She got perturbed and looked at the consternation on my face, she then looks behind her and there's this big German shepherd growling and breathing on her neck in the backseat behind her! She jumped out quickly.  Needless to say, we got in the other blue '69 Valiant that was ours. 😏 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 9/19/2022 at 10:48 AM, Augie said:

A friend of mine lived in a neighborhood where every house and yard looked virtually the same, with just a few feet between houses. We were at a party there when I went out to my car to get something. When I came back in, there was some guy I'd never seen before sitting in a recliner watching TV. That's when I looked around, said, "Wrong house - sorry!" and walked out.

Glad that was in Buffalo and not Florida.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

A friend of mine lived in a neighborhood where every house and yard looked virtually the same, with just a few feet between houses. We were at a party there when I went out to my car to get something. When I came back in, there was some guy I'd never seen before sitting in a recliner watching TV. That's when I looked around, said, "Wrong house - sorry!" and walked out.

Glad that was in Buffalo and not Florida.

I knew a guy in college who went out drinking at one of our standard bars. A couple of our friends lived a few blocks away. He was “wise” enough to know he shouldn’t drive home that night, so he walked to our friends. 

Except it wasn’t our friends. It was NEAR our friends, but it wasn’t our friends. He woke up on the sofa in the morning with an old lady and her grown son looking down on him. Yep, that’s bad, but it could be worse. He peed about a half of a pony keg all over their sofa!!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.