Trey Lance just carted off..

LabattBlue

52 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Wait…I thought a QB only gets hurt by staying in the pocket?  Happened on a designed run. 😞

some people are built like big Oak Trees.

some people are built like big Swamp Trees.

wanna guess what tree JA is?

Stats dont lie, most QB injuries happen in or near the pocket. Their feet get stepped on, they get hit from behind, they get hit low.

Im not worried about Josh being Injured while running. for god sakes.... on the run JA has been hit high, late, pretzeled up, wishbone.

I bet you could not wait to make this post on another horrible narrative...

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And that's why they kept Jimmy G...because they knew Lance was made of glass 

Yeah you don't get put on a cart for a sprain.

In my 30 years of playing coaching and scouting I’ve absolutely seen a player getting carted off without a super serious injury 

Aaron Rodgers four or five years ago was carted off and returned in the second half with a sprained mcl… played the rest of the season 

But they carted him off the field

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Wait…I thought a QB only gets hurt by staying in the pocket?  Happened on a designed run. 😞

So the point is that QBs in the pocket are suffering long term injuries at a rate of 2 to 1 to QBs on designed runs so far this season? Bold suggestion to never have Josh throw the ball in the pocket again, but here's to you for going out on a limb!

Edited by Malazan

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lance injury better be the message the Bills and Allen need to stop with all the design run garbage, especially against a physical team like the Titans that would love to take a cheap shot and end the bills season tomorrow night.

Or maybe that one QB isn't built to take on the punishment of the NFL and one is.

Cooper Rush making plays... impressive 

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Process said:

Pre injury. Two FGs. Post injury. Two TDs. 

49ers season may have just been saved.

Lance is only in his second season, and I believe that this was his fourth career start.

Hard to judge a player who has had so little playing time.

This injury really sucks for him.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

some people are built like big Oak Trees.

some people are built like big Swamp Trees.

wanna guess what tree JA is?

Stats dont lie, most QB injuries happen in or near the pocket. Their feet get stepped on, they get hit from behind, they get hit low.

Im not worried about Josh being Injured while running. for god sakes.... on the run JA has been hit high, late, pretzeled up, wishbone.

I bet you could not wait to make this post on another horrible narrative...

I hate this argument, just sample bias all over it.

This is also true: most injuries happen on the field. That’s because that’s where the game is played. 

Ugh, it’s just such a dumb argument (to be clear, I don’t think you or anyone making the argument is personally dumb, I’m sure I’m guilty of falling for these types of bias).

Seriously though, it’s like saying cars are more dangerous than motorcycles because most accidents happen in cars. It’s not about raw numbers, it’s about percentages.

What % of qb runs and scrambles end with injuries? What % of qb drop backs (that end in the pocket) end in injuries? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.