AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

5 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

How about the Bill's corners? Come on stop your non sense. 

The Rams had what...130 yards of total offense through 3 quarters? Did they look to be a problem?

The Bills don't leave them exposed the way Baltimore did. I would expect a two high shell and force Tua to make a series of good decisions all game long to get them into scoring position and move them down the field.  I doubt he can do it. His decision making was highly questionable the first game and a half and all last season.

And I would also expect the amount of time he has to make those decisions to be a lot lower than what he had versus Baltimore with our pass rush. He may look good against us, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And even if he does, do we have any reason to believe that Josh Allen won't destroy their defense like he does pretty much every game?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

You clearly don't know what this team is.  You think the Bills are in danger.  They are the danger.  They are the team that knocks.

don't know what this team is.  They are the team that knocks. 

49 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He's the top QB in the NFL right now in every major statistical category. So unless JA17 puts up 400+ yards and 5+ TD's tonight Tua likely will remain in that spot at least until the week 3 games kickoff.

It's amazing what adding talent to a developing young QB with potential will do for you, and Bills fans should understand this given Allen's career trajectory and breakout 3rd NFL season as well.

Also lost in the conversation Mike McDaniel. This goofy bastard very well might be a football savant and on his way to coach of the year and much more this season.

Hahaha… dude it’s week 2!!! 
Couldn’t care less if Tua is at the top the stats chart. Do it for 17+ games. 

Also couldn’t care less if Allen puts up 400 yards or 200 yards tonight. I’ll just take a win, and I’m sure he & the Bills feel the same. 

Admit you’re a Dolphins fan.. let’s get this over with. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They didn't look good until the Ravens started blowing coverages. I assume you didn't watch either of their first two

games.

I just watched the highlights. But what was the Ravens' secondary doing? Waddle and Hill were just wide open on all these deep balls. Seems like they went from cocky to frantic in the 4th and just lost discipline.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Rams had what...130 yards of total offense through 3 quarters? Did they look to be a problem?

The Bills don't leave them exposed the way Baltimore did. I would expect a two high shell and force Tua to make a series of good decisions all game long to get them into scoring position and move them down the field.  I doubt he can do it. His decision making was highly questionable the first game and a half and all last season.

And I would also expect the amount of time he has to make those decisions to be a lot lower than what he had versus Baltimore with our pass rush. He may look good against us, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And even if he does, do we have any reason to believe that Josh Allen won't destroy their defense like he does pretty much every game?

I don't disagree with your post. I took exception to you not acknowledging the Bills secondary is inexperienced. Your previous response painted an inaccurate picture. This post here cleverly eludes the inexperienced secondary issue. Not sure why it's so difficult to admit the Bills corners are very young and inexperienced? I do think it's a legitimate concern versus the Dolphins wide receivers. Comparing the Rams game with Miami isn't totally accurate either. Completely different teams with different strengths and weaknesses. 

In the end, I think the Bills are the better team because Allen is just that good. However, the best team doesn't always win. We will find out soon how good the dolphins and Tua really are. 

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree with your post. I took exception to you not acknowledging the Bills secondary is inexperienced. Your previous response painted an inaccurate picture. This post here cleverly eludes the inexperienced secondary issue. Not sure why it's so difficult to admit the Bills corners are very young and inexperienced? I do think it's a legitimate concern versus the Dolphins wide receivers. Comparing the Rams game with Miami isn't totally accurate either. Completely different teams with different strengths and weaknesses. 

In the end, I think the Bills are the better team because Allen is just that good. However, the best team doesn't always win. We will find out soon how good the dolphins and Tua really are. 

Because they are not being asked to cover people man to man, they are being protected by their 2 all pro safeties and a general scheme that forces teams to be patient and throw the ball in front of the defenders. Dane Jackson, Levi Wallace and Cam Lewis were all young and inexperienced at times for the Bills.  All of them played very well when called upon due to the way McDermott and Frazier coach up the DBs and the scheme they run, which is very DB friendly.

Edited by Big Turk

I know I'm late to this party . . . Phins and Ravens don't play defense and everyone is worried about them phins. Nonsense . . . Down 21 in 4th and Baltimore implodes, jets win a game the Browns gifted them in a very Brownsy fashion and NE put up a loss and a whopping 17 points where Trubitsky looked like he forgot how to play QB in the first half. . . . Yawn. 

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tyreek Hill has destroyed the Bills secondary even when they are 100% healthy with White in the lineup. In fact he's done this to many good DB's and teams through the years just like Diggs showing against elite DB's like Ramsey and JC Jackson.

We will be playing a rookie against the Dolphins next week in Benford and/or Elam. So what exactly is going to be different compared to what the Ravens fielded yesterday?

If the Bills pash rush gets to Tua that's a different story but he has a lighting quick smooth release which is the problem.

His lightning quick smooth release is 16th in time to throw in the NFL.  Stop your fear monger garbage and just enjoy Bills football for once in your life.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Dane Jackson, Tyron Johnson, Hyde, Poyer are not inexperienced.  They play some good football.  Yeah we have a couple rookie corners.  One of them will see the field barring injury.

Edited by Scott7975

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

His lightning quick smooth release is 16th in time to throw in the NFL.  Stop your fear monger garbage and just enjoy Bills football for once in your life.

Scott - looking forward to a big win tonight even if it's not a blowout like some here think. I would actually like to see this team prove they can win close games again if it comes down to it.

Regardless anxiety will be off the charts the next 6 days though because Miami fans are certainly confident and blowing up social media already.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Because they are not being asked to cover people man to man, they are being protected by their 2 all pro safeties and a general scheme that forces teams to be patient and throw the ball in front of the defenders. Dane Jackson, Levi Wallace and Cam Lewis were all young and inexperienced at times for the Bills.  All of them played very well when called upon due to the way McDermott and Frazier coach up the DBs and the scheme they run, which is very DB friendly.

I get that and I understand that. The secondary was the number one hole to fill for the Bills pre draft. Beane even said so in so many implied and explicit ways. Now after one game, people are like hoe hum the Bills secondary is good to go. Little to no concerns because it's a DB friendly system. I'm not totally sold. The reason why it looked good in game one was because of the Bills pass rush (no blitzes) and combo that with a putrid Rams Oline. Until Tre comes back healthy, the secondary will need a very good pass rush to accommodate for its deficiencies and growing pains. Week 3 vs the Dolphins is a good to great test for the Bills secondary. As noted, Hill is a Bill eater. Waddle is excellent as well. In the Rams game all the had to worry about was Kupp. 

Right now, let's beat the Titans who always seem to play the Bill's tough.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Scott - looking forward to a big win tonight even if it's not a blowout like some here think. I would actually like to see this team prove they can win close games again if it comes down to it.

Regardless anxiety will be off the charts the next 6 days though because Miami fans are certainly confident and blowing up social media already.

Ok so if the Bills do win tonight then I expect you to enjoy that with the rest of us and not fear monger Miami all week.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok so if the Bills do win tonight then I expect you to enjoy that with the rest of us and not fear monger Miami all week.

I have nothing to fear with Miami. They might have finally turned the corner like the Bills but Tua has a long way to go before he's in the same conversation as Brady, Mahomes or JA17 for that matter.

More interested in the hype of 2 possible SB contenders squaring off for early season bragging rights and commanding lead in AFC East.

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that and I understand that. The secondary was the number one hole to fill for the Bills pre draft. Beane even said so in so many implied and explicit ways. Now after one game, people are like hoe hum the Bills secondary is good to go. Little to no concerns because it's a DB friendly system. I'm not totally sold. The reason why it looked good in game one was because of the Bills pass rush (no blitzes) and combo that with a putrid Rams Oline. Until Tre comes back healthy, the secondary will need a very good pass rush to accommodate for its deficiencies and growing pains. Week 3 vs the Dolphins is a good to great test for the Bills secondary. As noted, Hill is a Bill eater. Waddle is excellent as well. In the Rams game all the had to worry about was Kupp. 

Right now, let's beat the Titans who always seem to play the Bill's tough.

You are assuming the rookies can't play well enough. I'm not sure that's the case. They have looked quite capable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.