AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It seems over the last few years, the Ravens defense has communication issues or something.  They give up a lot of big plays and have many blown coverages.

They fired Martindale and now they still have the same issues.

We’re used to the Ravens being so good there with players like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis directing traffic. Bad coaching, aging players and meh drafting is catching up to them and it’s been an issue since around 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Ravens DBs inexplicably stopped being able to execute even the most basic coverage assignments and had multiple blown coverages in the second half.  How is that even possible in an NFL game??  That might literally be the worst half of DB play I have ever seen in my life.

Was like a big 12 game.  Wide open WRs left and right. 

38 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I bet that would have been 7 before Miami's win yesterday.  I am still not a Tua believer.  To me it was more like a total defensive collapse on the part of the Ravens.

They have two sub-4.3 WRs. 

We've experienced the pain of Tyreek Hill numerous times. 

If the Defensive Line comes back intact for next Sunday, I think grinding Tua into a pulp will mitigate those two speed demons greatly. 

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They have two sub-4.3 WRs. 

We've experienced the pain of Tyreek Hill numerous times. 

If the Defensive Line comes back intact for next Sunday, I think grinding Tua into a pulp will mitigate those two speed demons greatly. 

Except he has Tua throwing to him and not Mahomes.  Major difference.

Imagine if they drafted Herbert instead...then that could be a real issue.

Edited by Big Turk

40 minutes ago, uninja said:

We’re used to the Ravens being so good there with players like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis directing traffic. Bad coaching, aging players and meh drafting is catching up to them and it’s been an issue since around 2020. 

They had the number 1 seed in the afc after like 11 games last year with a million injuries.

I relish the overreaction by the media to the Dolphins today.  The media desperately wants Miami to be relevant.  

Miami won due to the Ravens being very thin on defense.  This won't be the last game the Ravens will lose this year because their defense is so thin on talent.  They go straight from A team to C- backups.  Ravens defense was *absolutely* gassed in the 4th, like delirious gassed.  I was worried Justin Houston may have died - he's been in the league since 1973, and he was out on that field all day yesterday, and it was hot and humid in the sun yesterday afternoon. 

The Jets win because the Browns don't have wise coaches.  I say wise instead of smart because the best strategy yesterday was for the Browns to *not* score that touchdown.  Chubb should have went down at the 1 yard line and kept the clock moving.  

44 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yeah. I think what happened is that Tua was given the green light to put up garbage time stats and they discovered just how bad the Ravens' secondary was. I mean, guys were college open back there.

Tyreek Hill has destroyed the Bills secondary even when they are 100% healthy with White in the lineup. In fact he's done this to many good DB's and teams through the years just like Diggs showing against elite DB's like Ramsey and JC Jackson.

We will be playing a rookie against the Dolphins next week in Benford and/or Elam. So what exactly is going to be different compared to what the Ravens fielded yesterday?

If the Bills pash rush gets to Tua that's a different story but he has a lighting quick smooth release which is the problem.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Tyreek Hill has destroyed the Bills secondary even when they are 100% healthy with White in the lineup. In fact he's done this to many good DB's and teams through the years just like Diggs showing against elite DB's like Ramsey and JC Jackson.

We will be playing a rookie against the Dolphins next week in Benford and/or Elam. So what exactly is going to be different compared to what the Ravens fielded yesterday?

If the Bills pash rush gets to Tua that's a different story but he has a lighting quick smooth release which is the problem.

Biggest difference is scheme more than anything.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They had the number 1 seed in the afc after like 11 games last year with a million injuries.

that’s true, LJ8 was playing really well until he got hurt and was helping paper over a very average defense. Once he went down they won very few games. Right now if the Ravens offense can’t pace with the other team that defense isn’t getting that team the stops it needs when it needs them. 

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I relish the overreaction by the media to the Dolphins today.  The media desperately wants Miami to be relevant.  

Miami won due to the Ravens being very thin on defense.  This won't be the last game the Ravens will lose this year because their defense is so thin on talent.  They go straight from A team to C- backups.  Ravens defense was *absolutely* gassed in the 4th, like delirious gassed.  I was worried Justin Houston may have died - he's been in the league since 1973, and he was out on that field all day yesterday, and it was hot and humid in the sun yesterday afternoon. 

The Jets win because the Browns don't have wise coaches.  I say wise instead of smart because the best strategy yesterday was for the Browns to *not* score that touchdown.  Chubb should have went down at the 1 yard line and kept the clock moving.  

Haha, it’s so weird that some fans think there is some conspiracy with the media. The media hated Buffalo because we were a small market. Or maybe it was because we sucked and now the media is all over our sticks now. 

why would the media want Miami to be good? They played an awesome game and it was ton of fun to talk about. It’s not some conspiracy. We have the SB favorites and some fsns are still sensitive about any other team getting some nice said about them. It’s weird. 

1 minute ago, uninja said:

that’s true, LJ8 was playing really well until he got hurt and was helping paper over a very average defense. Once he went down they won very few games. Right now if the Ravens offense can’t pace with the other team that defense isn’t getting that team the stops it needs when it needs them. 

Definitely not a good sign for your D if Tua is carving you up like that. It’s probably the uniform but I bet their D improves throughout the year. Wild that Lamar has that game and they lose. That could be costly at the end of the year.

UPDATING:

Week 2, I’ll list in order of the teams the Bills play, the ones which scare me. If they aren’t on this list, they absolutely don’t!

* Chiefs

* Vikings

* Dolphins ( Previously a poor #4)

* Ravens ( Previously #2)

Teams they don’t play:

*Tampa

* Chargers (slight downgrade depending on Herbert injury)

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Except he has Tua throwing to him and not Mahomes.  Major difference.

Imagine if they drafted Herbert instead...then that could be a real issue.

We have to avoid the Baltimore-esque breakdowns in coverage. 

Waddle and Hill were so wide open that even Tua was able to get the ball to them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.