AFC East Will Be Not A Given

Ross Murdock

You know what is even more impressive than a 21 point comeback....Not going down by 21 points in the first place.  Miami allowed the Ravens to score 21 points in the 2nd quarter!  That is 3 less points than the Jets allowed all game in their matchup with the Ravens.  Let's pump the brakes on Miami being a world beater.  They were losing by 21 points and gave up 38 total.  Tua and the WRs had a great 2nd half.  Baltimore defense had a complete meltdown.  That comeback doesn't happen against the Bills secondary.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well I remember a 70 yard TD run by NE during the hurricane game where NE through <5X's.....  

Oh & Tyreek burning us in the playoffs for 66 yds(actually was a good thing getting the ball back, but with 13 seconds to much on the clock😉).

Unfortunately big plays happen....

Dude.  Outliers occur, but look at the stats.  Nobody limits big plays better than the Bills.  It has been true for three years running.

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Dude.  Outliers occur, but look at the stats.  Nobody limits big plays better than the Bills.  It has been true for three years running.

Huge plays at the worst times are the ones we remember (add Hail Mary vs. Arizona).  

All three that I mention were inexcusable as they all resulted in losses at inopportune times. 

NE didn't even pretend to pass the ball and we allow a 70 yard run????

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 2

This reminds me of how Fitz used to get us off to hot starts and then we would be talking trash and saying how we were going to win the division and to bring on NE and then they would come in here and crush our soul.

Probably about what is going to happen next week down in Miami to Fin fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

You know what is even more impressive than a 21 point comeback....Not going down by 21 points in the first place.  Miami allowed the Ravens to score 21 points in the 2nd quarter!  That is 3 less points than the Jets allowed all game in their matchup with the Ravens.  Let's pump the brakes on Miami being a world beater.  They were losing by 21 points and gave up 38 total.  Tua and the WRs had a great 2nd half.  Baltimore defense had a complete meltdown.  That comeback doesn't happen against the Bills secondary.

Don’t forget the Tavens O also fell asleep the entire second half to allow the comeback to happen. Just one long drive eating a ton of clock and getting any points at all and they win. 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Don’t forget the Tavens O also fell asleep the entire second half to allow the comeback to happen. Just one long drive eating a ton of clock and getting any points at all and they win. 

The Ravens DBs inexplicably stopped being able to execute even the most basic coverage assignments and had multiple blown coverages in the second half.  How is that even possible in an NFL game??  That might literally be the worst half of DB play I have ever seen in my life.

• Like (+1) 1

I think buffalo should be able to take care of business with Miami.  They don't seem to have fixed their issues with running the ball- buffalo is rarely caught out of position/beat deep, and they usually tackle fairly well.  They've had problems with Hill before but they're looking for front 4 pressure.  

Their defense doesn't seem very intimidating to me.  

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I bet that would have been 7 before Miami's win yesterday.  I am still not a Tua believer.  To me it was more like a total defensive collapse on the part of the Ravens.

It was -4.5 before yesterday.

And after the dolphins historic win that showed they are the new kings of the east and has bills fans shaking in their boots, they are -4.5. 

Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

It was -4.5 before yesterday.

And after the dolphins historic win that showed they are the new kings of the east and has bills fans shaking in their boots, they are -4.5. 

Lol

It seems over the last few years, the Ravens defense has communication issues or something.  They give up a lot of big plays and have many blown coverages.

They fired Martindale and now they still have the same issues.

27 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I bet that would have been 7 before Miami's win yesterday.  I am still not a Tua believer.  To me it was more like a total defensive collapse on the part of the Ravens.

Well the guys in the desert were giving home teams 1.7 pts. Vs. the traditional 3, so to me that means 6.2 pts really as the Bills have played well with Allen away.  Besides, there will be 25,000 Bills fans down in the swamps of Miami.

I’m not going to crap on Tua or the Fins for a significant win with Baltimore, but the Ravens aren’t the 2022 Bills.  It actually gives me even more comfort we will be 5-0 going into KC.  A Ravens team weaker than expected, a better Miami team, but they still aren’t us.  I’m not concerned at all about Pitt.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Dolphins (And Tua) look good, the Bills will do good just to split. The Pats will plod along, and not be an easy win. The Jets are better, and if Wilson matures, will not be sure win. The Bills sweeping the east is over!  

There were never any "sure wins" to begin with; that's why they play the games.

"The Bills will do good just to split"?  You are saying that it is clearly more likely that Miami sweeps Buffalo than the reverse based on not even 2 weeks' worth of games.  Aren't you jumping the gun just a tad?  Are you saying that Tua is what Allen should be or that the Bills' defence against the Rams was a mirage?  Explain yourself in detail with logic, statistics, and game analysis please, because I don't see it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.