NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think GA would have a tough time scoring against NFL teams, but bottom feeder NFL offenses like Chicago would have a tough time scoring against Georgia’s defense.

The Bears put up 19 points against the 49ers defense, who were 6th in defensive scoring last year, in a monsoon but they will struggle against UGA's defense?  

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think GA would have a tough time scoring against NFL teams, but bottom feeder NFL offenses like Chicago would have a tough time scoring against Georgia’s defense.

Really? In that case the Packers defense must be dreadful - ten points already scored, arguably should actually be 17...

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I used to root against him, but I am now apathetic. Just an utter disappointment of a career. 

True and I agree, but yet he's still right now making 55 yard grabs and has put together a $70 million and counting career. By all accounts he's a decent player that still has skills and has had success, but yet to your point he's a bust at the same time. Just a weird player.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I used to root against him, but I am now apathetic. Just an utter disappointment of a career. 

he could never have possibly lived up to his draft position and what that Bills regime gave up to have him. Man could have had Jerry Rice’s career and people would have still complained that we traded up for a receiver. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Justin fields….a big bowl of “Meh”…

I disagree. The dude has legit game breaking talent but even in his 2nd year Bears management has left him with a jv level supporting cast. They do have a bunch of cap space going forward, so Fields should at least get this year and next.

Oh, and I despise Ohio State

Edited by buffblue
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, uninja said:

he could never have possibly lived up to his draft position and what that Bills regime gave up to have him. Man could have had Jerry Rice’s career and people would have still complained that we traded up for a receiver. 

true. But he was nothing like the player we saw in college and who would flash for a game here and there and then disappear for years.

Just a bunch of injuries, lack of preparation and discipline, and weak mentally. He had the skill set to live up to his potential, but not the drive. That’s why he continues to bounce around as a journeyman vet now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

@mannc

Here are the 15 UGA draft picks.

1. Travon Walker - starter with 6 tackles and 1 sack

2. Jordan Davis - Back up with 2 tackles.  

3. Quay Walker - Starter with 7 tackles.

4. Devonte Wyatt - Back up with 1 tackle

5. Lewis Cine - Inactive, healthy scratch in his first game.

6. George Pickens - 1 start, 2 catches

7. James Cook - back up.  1 carry 2 yards

8. Nakobe Dean - back up.  No stats.

9. Channing Tindall - 3rd string and injured.

10. Zamir White - 4th string, 1 carry and 2 yards.

11. Jake Camardad - Punter.  Who cares.

12. Justin Shaffer - cut and put on PS.

13. Jameree Salyer - back up

14. Derion Kendrick - Inactive, healthy scratch

15. John Fitzpatrick - Made 53 and put on IR.

Everyone of these guys were heavy contributors and starters for UGA.  Only 2 current legit starters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.