NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I complain a lot about the league, but the entertainment value of the game is definitely superior. I encourage anyone who

disagrees to watch the other major sports. The entertainment value of other pro sports leagues have continued to decline. I used to enjoy baseball for example, but it continues to lose more entertainment value every year. 

Baseball is no longer watchable…NFL football and the NHL playoffs are the only professional sports I watch these days.  I am concerned about the state of college football—it’s a real mess.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nonsense.  The game is still extremely physical and good defense still wins games.  There just happens to be more great athletes playing offense these days.

How do you know there are more great athletes on offense? That's nonsense.

Edited by JohninMinn.

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I’m 100% certain we are better than Miami, but … that speed does worry me. It’s not like Tyreek hasn’t burned us before. I have a hunch that this McDaniel is figuring out how to get the most out of Tua and his limitations. Actually, 6 TD passes suggests it’s more than a hunch. 

Oh for sure. Hill and Waddle are definitely scary. Tua is not though.  I expect McDermott will focus on pressuring Tua and keeping a bend-don’t-break defense. 

Tua doesn’t have Josh’s ability to throw 50 yard lasers on the run.  If Tua is going deep, he needs time to set up and lob it out there. Gotta take that time away from him. Easier said than done… but 7 sacks against stafford without a single blitz tells me it’s very possible. 

Again though, Tennessee is always a very physical game. We need to come out without injuries.  (I could be wrong but I think Miami is pretty healthy right now.). 

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Now they don't, but a couple seasons ago, that wasn't the case.

Many experts were expecting Allen to bust, while the opposite was true for Tua. Tua will get that bias until he's no longer a starter. And if he continues to play well, you can expect the "Dolphins are a threat the the Bills in the AFCE", articles popping up very soon.

Who cares about articles?  What does that have to do with anything?

23 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I complain a lot about the league, but the entertainment value of the game is definitely superior. I encourage anyone who

disagrees to watch the other major sports. The entertainment value of other pro sports leagues have continued to decline. I used to enjoy baseball for example, but it continues to lose more entertainment value every year. 

Hey I enjoy football but imo hockey is more entertaining... and these comeback games make NFL exciting... but come on a 28-24 NFL game is really a 4 - 3  and 1/2 hockey game.  Game is faster, less stoppages... hitting is similar.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Hey I enjoy football but imo hockey is more entertaining... and these comeback games make NFL exciting... come on a 28-24 NFL game is really a 4 - 3  and 1/2 hockey game.  Game is faster, less stoppages... hitting is similar.

Hockey is a fantastic sport. This cannot be questioned. But, from a pure spectacle standpoint, the NFL is the king.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.