NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

So I watched NE and Miami in detail today. 

First NE : God I hope they keep McCorkle for years. He's just good enough to keep NE right in that 6/11 to 9/8 range.  He knows where to go with the ball but can't throw past 9 yards with any velocity. His pick was pure noodle arm. His one long completion to Agalhor was a prayer he heaved, should never have been a reception. Pit blew this game which is fine with me because I don't want NE to get a real QB

Lamar was Lamar. Made great plays with his feet, made some deep shots over the middle. Hit one guy on a slant who took it to the house. When the game got tight he choked. He never should have been put in that position with his horrendous defense but he started missing guys who were open, threw passes behind or in front of open guys. He's a good QB but can be contained. I've yet to see him play well a when the pressure is on but that may be my limited sample size. (Playoffs)

Tua was better than expected. He was efficient with the ball and his receivers blew his stat line through the roof with YAC. His 2 long balls to Hill were completely blown coverages and Hill was open for greater than 5 yards on each. His game winning throw was an impressive display of moving in the pocket and accuracy. His shirt accuracy is very good, his deep ball floats and his outs suck. He's very containable if you don't play Cover Zero on Tyreek Hill. Mind boggling defensive collapse on Baltimores part. 

Love having a confident Miami team coming into Buffalo next week but we need to take care of business tomorrow first and foremost. 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

There are a lot of fans here who think Allen will win it. He can't win it if he's pulled, or keeps throwing double digit INT's.

For Allen’s critics, winning the MVP is great… but I couldn’t care less.

And I’m sure every single one of those fans you reference would rather he won the super bowl MVP than the season MVP.   Do what it takes to win first.  Then keep healthy and move on to the next game. 

Davis Mills is outplaying Russell Wilson...he is 6 of 19 for 93 yards and a sack for a 48.8 QB rating in his home opener at the half...

Let Russ cook huh?

Looks like he is starting with his yearly disappearing act early this year.

Edited by Big Turk

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Big distinction, Tua doesn't take over games.   Allen does. 

Did Tua have a great game, yes.  No denying that. 

Was it an outlier or the norm is the difference.

Hill and Waddle can take over a game. Don't just focus on Tua. Think Alabama. Tua was able to get the ball to his playmakers. The young Bills secondary has its hands full next week. Also, the Dolphins will move Tua and make quick passes to avoid the Bills pass rush. No easy game. However, I want to focus on Tenn for now. 

It is painful watching the Broncos offense. How Hackett got a HC job is mind blowing but Wilson is also incredibly responsible. That guy has been just playing unorganized, off time football for years. He runs out of clean pockets and just refuses to drop back and throw on time. I hated watching the Seahawks because of the complete randomness he played with. In the beginning he was excellent. Something turned with him and he just started playing like a complete idiot.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It is painful watching the Broncos offense. How Hackett got a HC job is mind blowing but Wilson is also incredibly responsible. That guy has been just playing unorganized, off time football for years. He runs out of clean pockets and just refuses to drop back and throw on time. I hated watching the Seahawks because of the complete randomness he played with. In the beginning he was excellent. Something turned with him and he just started playing like a complete idiot.

He doesn't have passion for the game anymore IMO. 

3 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

First NE : God I hope they keep McCorkle for years. He's just good enough to keep NE right in that 6/11 to 9/8 range.  He knows where to go with the ball but can't throw past 9 yards with any velocity. His pick was pure noodle arm. His one long completion to Agalhor was a prayer he heaved, should never have been a reception. Pit blew this game which is fine with me because I don't want NE to get a real QB

Lamar was Lamar. Made great plays with his feet, made some deep shots over the middle. Hit one guy on a slant who took it to the house. When the game got tight he choked. He never should have been put in that position with his horrendous defense but he started missing guys who were open, threw passes behind or in front of open guys. He's a good QB but can be contained. I've yet to see him play well a when the pressure is on but that may be my limited sample size. (Playoffs)

Tua was better than expected. He was efficient with the ball and his receivers blew his stat line through the roof with YAC. His 2 long balls to Hill were completely blown coverages and Hill was open for greater than 5 yards on each. His game winning throw was an impressive display of moving in the pocket and accuracy. His shirt accuracy is very good, his deep ball floats and his outs suck. He's very containable if you don't play Cover Zero on Tyreek Hill. Mind boggling defensive collapse on Baltimores part. 

Love having a confident Miami team coming into Buffalo next week but we need to take care of business tomorrow first and foremost. 

not sure why i am so nervous about tomorrow, don't have a good felling about it might have to do with spending 250 on a ticket and just my luck, Bills don't play well

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

You hang 38 points on someone it's hard to blame the QB play.  For that reason I'm not sure I entirely buy into Tua.  The offense he's in is going to throw it a lot and he'd going to have some stats but I'm not sure he's a winner or if the Ravens defense just isn't up to par.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.