Gabe Davis Injured

Billsforumsucks

Just now, Beck Water said:

Not necessarily true. 

They played Milano when he had a torn pec to the extent he couldn't lift his arm and tackle properly.

They played Beasley with a broken leg and broken ribs

Played Diggs with a torn oblique

Playing with injuries has been part of football for a long time, there's always a judgement call "will this guy with his injury contribute more on the field than the Next Man Up?"  But even the best teams are more focused on that than they are on long-term health of the player.  The players also usually really really want to see the field.  It's hard to keep them off, if there's any kind of a judgement call.

Someone else posted this info up the thread and I forgot about those injuries.  I stand corrected.

7 minutes ago, galept said:

Thanks for the heads up. Was getting excited for a second when I saw no limp on his way in.

Guess there is a big difference between walking and being able to withstand the rigors of an NFL game with all the pushing off and blocking another person you have to do...

Looks like will see Shakir active tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Guess there is a big difference between walking and being able to withstand the rigors of an NFL game with all the pushing off and blocking another person you have to do...

Looks like will see Shakir active tonight.

Perhaps, but no boot, no limp, and jersey hanging at locker gave me hope.

• Agree 1

I’m actually excited to have Shakir active and I think we might be surprised to how well he can produce in this one.  We still have plenty of WR’s to go to.  They’ll focus on Diggs, but with Shakir, Crowder, Kumerow, Knox, McKenzie we should be ok.  

i do however, see the common wisdom shared by many on this board that we probably could have used another young Non-slot wideout on the roster to bring along because Kumerow is not a solution overall.  I think Gabe being inactive will hopefully create attention to that need moving forward.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Mckenzie or Shakir in fantasy in place of Davis... what do you guys think?

Tough call. Shakir looked good in camp/pre season.  I'd probably go with McKenzie because he has shown the ability to pop off in a game and Josh probably has more time with him.  I dont play FFB though so take that ***** with a grain of salt.

Next man up! Maybe we see another star in the making tonight who knows.  Gabe looked pretty good walking.  Id expect him to have light practice this week and probably be back for Miami.

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Uggh I hate all these key injuries tonight.

Only silver lining is all of them should be back for next week's massive game that will may ultimately determine Bills division fate.

Quite a few of them were stingers so they’re weren’t all serious.  it’s a longgg season I don’t believe the game next week is going to decide anything outright seeing as we’ve got the matchup in buffalo later in the season

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Only silver lining is all of them should be back for next week's massive game that will may ultimately determine Bills division fate.

Filthy, you are pathetic.
Could not imagine how much of a loser one would have to be to spend time trying to troll another fan base, but pretending to be part of that fan base. 

Get out of grandma’s basement.  There is a whole world out there. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sucks we had to punt twice 

Week 3 division fate ha ? Oh yeah it’s because of the new 17 game schedule I get it now ! 

Edited by Putin

On 9/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, Tulsabillsfanz said:

With Gabe out, Kumerow stepped up with 2 big catches for 50 yards! 

They probably looked at the Titans CB depth chart and were like "Rest up Gabe, Jake's got this"

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Any update on his injury.? I haven't been able to find anything.

I would expect if this was a playoff game he probably would have played...based on him having no limp and walking around on it without issue, I would have to expect that 7 more days of world class treatment would be enough to make sure he is ready to go. BangedUpBills doctor expects he is ready as well.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.