Why Von Miller Is One of the Most Iconic Pass Rushers of All Time

Peace Frog

Yeah it is somewhat like slipping a jab.  What he’ll do for Rousseau in developing his bend, punch, ghost skills along with Groot’s shear power and length will make both of these guys a force this year.  I’m going to call in this afternoon to the MTC guys (in season they do a Saturday MTC show for us guys who don’t have the time to call in during the week).  So if you’re bored in the car from 2-5pm, you’ll hear Dan from Tampa at some point.

Thanks OP as this is a good topic to discuss and not get derailed by the possible loss of Oliver and Settle for Monday.  I’m still hopeful one will be able to go.  At least we have Phillips and the best 1 tech guy is really Jones.  This is an excellent video and narrative especially for those who don’t know the various techniques used in rushing the passer.  I particularly like Miller’s ability to fake the punch and slip under.  That takes time and experience to perfect.  It’s why GROOT will keep looking better throughout the year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Boogie flipped to the inside and activate Lawson if both Tackles can’t go.  Lawson has always set the edge and defended the run well, so the plan all along might have been to activate him for Monday night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Miller has this effortlessness when engaging O-linemen, almost like martial arts.

What he does reminds me of Tai Chi/Push Hands which is pure energy and effortlessness that can throw somebody bigger than you back 5 feet. There's a gracefulness with Von Miller and it feels like he always avoids the brunt of the contact. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Miller has this effortlessness when engaging O-linemen, almost like martial arts.

What he does reminds me of Tai Chi/Push Hands which is pure energy and effortlessness that can throw somebody bigger than you back 5 feet. There's a gracefulness with Von Miller and it feels like he always avoids the brunt of the contact. 

I know for you it’s martial arts and correct.  For me it’s wrestling.  The best wrestlers have balance.  It’s not power and speed only.  It’s understanding you’re opponent and how to use his power and momentum against him.  As you might guess I was a wrestler and loved it for those years.

Von moves like a wrestler.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he did in HS.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yeah it is somewhat like slipping a jab.  What he’ll do for Rousseau in developing his bend, punch, ghost skills along with Groot’s shear power and length will make both of these guys a force this year.  I’m going to call in this afternoon to the MTC guys (in season they do a Saturday MTC show for us guys who don’t have the time to call in during the week).  So if you’re bored in the car from 2-5pm, you’ll hear Dan from Tampa at some point.

Thanks OP as this is a good topic to discuss and not get derailed by the possible loss of Oliver and Settle for Monday.  I’m still hopeful one will be able to go.  At least we have Phillips and the best 1 tech guy is really Jones.  This is an excellent video and narrative especially for those who don’t know the various techniques used in rushing the passer.  I particularly like Miller’s ability to fake the punch and slip under.  That takes time and experience to perfect.  It’s why GROOT will keep looking better throughout the year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Boogie flipped to the inside and activate Lawson if both Tackles can’t go.  Lawson has always set the edge and defended the run well, so the plan all along might have been to activate him for Monday night.

This is a good point.  Von will not only make other players around him better (during play in a game) but he will literally also make them better outside of the games and on the practice fields.

If I was Rousseau I would be CONSTANTLY talking to him, asking questions, watching him in practice, and trying to absorb everything about him like a sponge!  He's a great guy to copy.  You won't find anyone better!

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is a good point.  Von will not only make other players around him better (during play in a game) but he will literally also make them better outside of the games and on the practice fields.

If I was Rousseau I would be CONSTANTLY talking to him, asking questions, watching him in practice, and trying to absorb everything about him like a sponge!  He's a great guy to copy.  You won't find anyone better!

The thing I always noticed about Von when he played in Denver is he is not a one trick pony just getting to the QB.

His play against the run and check down passes is also very good.  He's a disruptor.  

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know for you it’s martial arts and correct.  For me it’s wrestling.  The best wrestlers have balance.  It’s not power and speed only.  It’s understanding you’re opponent and how to use his power and momentum against him.  As you might guess I was a wrestler and loved it for those years.

Von moves like a wrestler.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he did in HS.

Not sure if people know this, but Sean McDermott was an outstanding high school wrestler in PA. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.