canadian fans interested in TNF

dock581

I mentioned in the Amazon prime thread that I, as American, spending the summer in Canada, tried to watch the game on my Amazon Prime account was not able. to my disgust, to watch the game. I later learned that it was available in my area of Canada (Crystal Beach) on Cogeco the local cable provider from a Canadian channel called CTV 2. I don't know if was available to Canadians with a Canadian Amazon Prime account but I was surprised it was on regular cable TV.

2 minutes ago, dock581 said:

I mentioned in the Amazon prime thread that I, as American, spending the summer in Canada, tried to watch the game on my Amazon Prime account was not able. to my disgust, to watch the game. I later learned that it was available in my area of Canada (Crystal Beach) on Cogeco the local cable provider from a Canadian channel called CTV 2. I don't know if was available to Canadians with a Canadian Amazon Prime account but I was surprised it was on regular cable TV.

TNF is also still available on TSN here in Canada as it was previously. 

Yup, it was available on CTV2 which is an OTA broadcaster and is also included in even the most basic cable packages…it’s one of the Canadian networks.  
However TNF was not available on Amazon Prime streaming in Canada, or anywhere outside of the US for that matter, as Amazon only secured streaming rights in the States.

32 minutes ago, julian said:

I grew up in Hamilton and parents would take us kids to crystal beach amusement park every year, man that place was awesome, brings back some memories for sure

We actually spent our summers in some little cabin a few blocks from the park/beach. A little bakery with cinnamon rolls about half way there on the right. Crazy good memories. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just get a VPN and log into an American server.

This doesn't always work.  I was in Europe and tried to lauch the Sunday Ticket App to watch football, using a US IP Address through a VPN.  It did not work and the error message reflected the fact that I was out of the country.  That same trip, I WAS able to successfully able to stream college football thorugh the ESPN app.  So I guess it depends.  I read somewhere that some apps are familiar with certain IP addresses and know they come from a VPN provider and won't allow their apps to work with those IP addresses.

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

This doesn't always work.  I was in Europe and tried to lauch the Sunday Ticket App to watch football, using a US IP Address through a VPN.  It did not work and the error message reflected the fact that I was out of the country.  That same trip, I WAS able to successfully able to stream college football thorugh the ESPN app.  So I guess it depends.  I read somewhere that some apps are familiar with certain IP addresses and know they come from a VPN provider and won't allow their apps to work with those IP addresses.

Hmm...interesting. Probably could have just kept switching countries until you found one that worked. I find it hard to believe they would have every one of them.

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

We actually spent our summers in some little cabin a few blocks from the park/beach. A little bakery with cinnamon rolls about half way there on the right. Crazy good memories. 

I used to go twice a year.  Once on Westinghouse Day (where my Dad worked) and Cheektowaga Day with my friend's family.

Some of the highlights of summer!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dock581 said:

Would an antenna pick up the CBS broadcast from Buffalo? The signal might be good across the lake.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, albanyfan said:

Would an antenna pick up the CBS broadcast from Buffalo? The signal might be good across the lake.

Interesting question. Back in WNY we used to be able to get channels 9 and 11 from Canada.

23 minutes ago, T&C said:

Never heard of this before.

https://www.top10vpn.com/guides/dazn-vpn/

Yeah in the US I think it's pretty barebones, might be mostly combat sports and niche stuff like darts and snooker but Canada it effectively replaced Sunday Ticket, also has all Champions League Soccer, Premier League and MLS. Europe I think it has stuff like UFC and Premier League.

11 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Yeah in the US I think it's pretty barebones, might be mostly combat sports and niche stuff like darts and snooker but Canada it effectively replaced Sunday Ticket, also has all Champions League Soccer, Premier League and MLS. Europe I think it has stuff like UFC and Premier League.

We are extremely fortunate. For 25 loonies a month, we get all the games, Red Zone, NFLN, Premier, Champions and MLS plus some accompanying soccer shows as well. It’s a steal relative to what that costs in the US.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

We are extremely fortunate. For 25 loonies a month, we get all the games, Red Zone, NFLN, Premier, Champions and MLS plus some accompanying soccer shows as well. It’s a steal relative to what that costs in the US.

I don't care how much sports programming I am getting, I am getting tired of those 25 crazies living with me and cleaning out my pantry. 😠

58 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I don't care how much sports programming I am getting, I am getting tired of those 25 crazies living with me and cleaning out my pantry. 😠

Do you have a good Catholic family?  Who else has 25 people in their house? My good Catholic grandparents did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.