Off Topic - ticket resellers and scams

The Wiz

53 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I usually open mine in the parking lot at the game (both bills and sabres) because when I get close to the stadium/arena I drop coverage and it still works.

Can't you just screenshot the ticket image too?  Then you need no signal whatsoever and don't have to worry about closing the app

• Like (+1) 1

Theyre legit but they're another ticketmaster owned ripoff artist.

Ticketmaster sells a 150 seat and gets 35 in fees for the original sale, then the tickets get resold through vivid seats or ticketmaster themselves and they tack on ANOTHER 35 for the second sale because, you know, they're "verified resale tickets" and god forbid you buy them using paypal and have someone electronically transfer tickets to you.

So at this point the Bills have made 115 from the original sale and ticketmaster has made 70 on the same ticket.   But ticketmaster isn't done yet, now they tell you that you have to download their app and give them all your information, cell phone,  location, credit card etc because you just can't get in anywhere without some random scanning arcode BS which isn't actually true at all (screenshots DO work, you don't even have to have them in an Ewallet) and they sell your data to third party companies and get massive profits from that as well.

This company has been doing this price gouging for so long it's pathetic.  But they have exclusive contracts in place and pay the venues upfront so it's hard to part with them.  A middleman should take a modest service fee, they just laugh in your face and say haha you have to pay this because we have the contracts and you don't.   Total parasites and a zero value add.

I hope when Mark Cuban is done cleaning up the immoral and unethical generic pharma industry he sets his sights on ticketmaster and buries those Aholes, so the next time some poor working class guy wants to take his family to see a football game he doesn't have to pay these scammers $200 just for the right to go see a game.

The future will be peer to peer verified, blockchain style purchasing, and all the credit card, convenience fees and ticketmaster absurd surcharging goes away.  Owners make more, fans pay less, everyone wins.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Sorry to bring this up here but I figured it would be the best place for good information.  I bought tickets a few weeks ago for the Bills/Vikings game for my birthday that is that weekend and bought them through a new place I haven't used before (VividSeats).

Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with them because I called them today about my purchase and haven't received an update on my tickets other than they will be delivered a week before the game.  I attempted to cancel and they refused and stated their cancellation policy so I moved forward with opening up a dispute with my bank.

Any info regarding the matter would be appreciated.

ive used them 2x. Both times tix were sent a few days before event (I believe they disclose that when you purchase). They’ve been around awhile. I think you’ll be fine. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

@Da webster guy, great synopsis.

I’ll add, I sold a few tickets for Pearl Jam in Toronto via their “Fan-to-Fan” resale platform (face value only) last month, as I was able to upgrade my seats.

While in the process of listing said tickets, I added my (U.S.) bank account info for the direct deposit no problem, but today I reached out to them since I still haven’t been paid for said tickets.

Turns out that they “meant” to limit it to only Canadian bank accounts, and they’ll cut me a physical check (in Canadian funds, no less!) and mail it physically to me.  Which could take up to 12 weeks.

So as of right now they have the $471 CAD (plus fees) that I originally paid for those three tickets, as well as the $471 CAD that whomever bought the tickets on Fan-to-Fan paid. 

Rat bastards.

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Theyre legit but they're another ticketmaster owned ripoff artist.

Ticketmaster sells a 150 seat and gets 35 in fees for the original sale, then the tickets get resold through vivid seats or ticketmaster themselves and they tack on ANOTHER 35 for the second sale because, you know, they're "verified resale tickets" and god forbid you buy them using paypal and have someone electronically transfer tickets to you.

So at this point the Bills have made 115 from the original sale and ticketmaster has made 70 on the same ticket.   But ticketmaster isn't done yet, now they tell you that you have to download their app and give them all your information, cell phone,  location, credit card etc because you just can't get in anywhere without some random scanning arcode BS which isn't actually true at all (screenshots DO work, you don't even have to have them in an Ewallet) and they sell your data to third party companies and get massive profits from that as well.

This company has been doing this price gouging for so long it's pathetic.  But they have exclusive contracts in place and pay the venues upfront so it's hard to part with them.  A middleman should take a modest service fee, they just laugh in your face and say haha you have to pay this because we have the contracts and you don't.   Total parasites and a zero value add.

I hope when Mark Cuban is done cleaning up the immoral and unethical generic pharma industry he sets his sights on ticketmaster and buries those Aholes, so the next time some poor working class guy wants to take his family to see a football game he doesn't have to pay these scammers $200 just for the right to go see a game.

The future will be peer to peer verified, blockchain style purchasing, and all the credit card, convenience fees and ticketmaster absurd surcharging goes away.  Owners make more, fans pay less, everyone wins.  

I think I’ve figured it out… @Da webster guy is Eddie Vedder

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.