New MNF doubleheader format

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Going to go ahead and say I hate this. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as it seems.

I dont like it at all.  If I wanted to watch two football games at the same time then I would do pip, run two TVs, run one on a laptop/tablet, watch redzone, or a plethora of other options.  I dont need it forced on me.  When I watch the Bills game, all I want to watch is the Bills game.

If they wanted to do something cool then they could let me pick and choose what game to watch in or out of market without sunday ticket.  Let me do that in a streaming service.  I dont need this crap above.  I want to watch the Bills game and not some overlap garbage.  The Amazon thing was actually pretty cool yesterday being able to pick the type of stream as well as having live updated next gen stats.

11 minutes ago, Process said:

This is just a random twitter response but hopefully true. Anyone know?

God I hope that is true

• Agree 2

The NFL does some really odd stuff and this is yet another one. The excitement of MNF was that the teams, fans, and city knew that all eyes were on them. Not sure why they’d want to take that spotlight away…but so long as Goodell is Commissioner I’ll keep scratching my head until it’s raw. 

• Like (+1) 3

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2022/09/15/how-to-watch-bills-vs-titans-on-streaming-tv-monday-night-football/69494158007/

To make matters worse (or should I say worst?), we get last year's crap announcing team:

ESPN with Steve Levy (play-by-play), Louis Riddick and Dan Orlovsky (analysts), and Laura Rutledge (sideline reporter). 

This sucks.  A LOT.

Can anyone verify that the game will also be on ESPN2?  I cannot find it anywhere and I'm hoping it's on ESPN2 with different announcers.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2022/09/15/how-to-watch-bills-vs-titans-on-streaming-tv-monday-night-football/69494158007/

To make matters worse (or should I say worst?), we get last year's crap announcing team:

ESPN with Steve Levy (play-by-play), Louis Riddick and Dan Orlovsky (analysts), and Laura Rutledge (sideline reporter). 

This sucks.  A LOT.

Can anyone verify that the game will also be on ESPN2?  I cannot find it anywhere and I'm hoping it's on ESPN2 with different announcers.

You'd rather listen to Buck & Aikman?

• Like (+1) 1

I hate this too.  I live in the west, so the Bills game is starting at 4 PM for me.  I booked a private "meeting" on my calendar and will try to sneak out of the office a couple of hours early.  I have a DVR and can always record and watch later, but my phone blows up with texts from all my Bills fans friends (who live all over the country, but many in Buffalo or elsewhere in the eastern time zone).  Between that and my TV being accidentally left on ESPN (so I turn on the TV and see the live game/score before I have a chance to queue up the DVR recording), my car radio, etc. it's almost impossible to avoid knowing anything about the game.  If I see my neighbor and say hello, he is guaranteed to say something about how the Bills are doing.  He's just being friendly, but it ruins the game for me.  If they had one game at the regular time, this would be much less of a problem (it would likely start around 5:30 PM for me).

As a side note, I did not like the Amazon Prime streaming experience last night.  By the time I got home from work, fed the kids, got them to bed, etc. and I was able to sit down and watch the game, it was almost over.  I was able to figure out how to start the game from the beginning, but the "DVR" functions on Prime (I use Fire sticks) are not very good.  It was very difficult to fast-forward to the spots in the game I wanted to.  It went too slow or too fast.  I kept going past the point I wanted to be, and had to rewind, and tried to do so without seeing the score.  Plus, I watched it across two different rooms, so I had to start over each time I moved.  Then the whole thing locked up becuase my usually extremely fast and reliable internet service was supposedly sending a weak signal.  I recycled the modem, it was fixed for 15 minutes, then it locked up again.  Then I fell asleep just before getting to halftime...Bottom line, streaming is not a great option for me.  I hate it.  When I record a game via Directv and watch later on my DVR, it's a very smooth and easy experience.  I'm curous about the experience of others who watched the game "on delay."

But enough complaining and grousing.  It's Friday, the Bills are awesome and I'll figure it out Monday night so that I can see the Bils crush the Titans!  

Edited by msw2112

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This sucks.  A LOT.

It says in the press release the Bills game is on ESPN and ESPN2. I guess the regular broadcast will be on ESPN2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

This is incredibly stupid. Just have a 6PM and 9PM game and avoid splitting the viewers.

It’s as simple as scheduling an east coast game early and a west coast game late. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It says in the press release the Bills game is on ESPN and ESPN2. I guess the regular broadcast will be on ESPN2.

I am really hoping that’s the case. I wonder which one the local broadcast will be. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just checked my guide and it looks like the game will also be on locally NBC WGRZ.

Primetime games on pay channels are always locally televised. No worries there.

The worry, though, is the local broadcast going to be the split-screen bull#### or just the Bills and Titans game?

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This sucks.  A LOT.

I don’t know how synched up it will be but there is a national radio broadcast with Ross Tucker

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jesus Christ...all of the whining in this thread.  It doesn't affect Bills, Oilers, Eagles, or Vikings fans negatively.  They will be able to watch their own game with perhaps a random split screen at times.  We'll miss none of our game's action.  For the rest of the general NFL watching public it's a good thing as they don't have to flip channels unless they want to focus on one specific game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.