‘It’s Over!‘: LeSean McCoy Rips Patriots Head Coach

Scott7975

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Also let's not leave it out of the question that perhaps Belichick is purposely tanking this year. 

I refuse to believe, even though he's 70, that he's so senile and negligent that he would actually think Patricia and Judge could coach offense and be successful. 

I think they are tanking to get a top QB. Word is BB didn't want to draft a QB that draft and Kraft forced it. 

Blow for Bryce is underway. 

Yeah, if that's true it just shows that his plan last year failed.  He spent a ton in FA and did draft a QB (I don't believe the Kraft thing at all).

Now he decides to throw in the towel?  His OC's and the tank are now approved by Kraft?

If he is seen tanking, he will lose the locker room, next year's FAs and the fans.  He will have to start from scratch.

He's a great coach but as a GM he let the team slip away from him.  It's as simple as that. 

• Agree 1

Belichick should not be their GM. I think he's still a decent coach - but he's doing good work for the Bills and the rest of the division with his failed drafts and overrated FA acquisitions.

Underrated activity:  perusing Pats message boards to see all of the fans under 30 truly not know how to handle a team that isn't on top all the time.  And the old guys saying, "this is how it used to be...get used to it."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yeah, if that's true it just shows that his plan last year failed.  He spent a ton in FA and did draft a QB (I don't believe the Kraft thing at all).

Now he decides to throw in the towel?  His OC's and the tank are now approved by Kraft?

If he is seen tanking, he will lose the locker room, next year's FAs and the fans.  He will have to start from scratch.

He's a great coach but as a GM he let the team slip away from him.  It's as simple as that. 

I do believe Kraft forced a QB pick but regardless of that Bill wanted to win last year. That is why he overpaid in FA. I actually think he was willing to run it back with Cam. Kraft's intervention probably improved things if anything. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do believe Kraft forced a QB pick but regardless of that Bill wanted to win last year. That is why he overpaid in FA. I actually think he was willing to run it back with Cam. Kraft's intervention probably improved things if anything. 

LOL.  If that was his plan, he's worse at GM work than I thought.

21 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Brady won the Super Bowl on an entirely different team the very year after he left the Patriots!

I'll preface by saying everyone knows how good Brady is, but that Tampa team was LOADED on both sides of the ball.  

Jameis had just come off of a 5,000 yard season with the same squad, minus Gronk, Fournette and Antonio Brown.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bill and the Pats might be in a far better situation had he been allowed to trade Brady like he wanted to went with Garopollo instead. 

That would have been a good bit of draft capital.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Chris Berman used to always call Fontes "Rasputin" because he or his teams would come back from the dead. After starting the season average, he kept making the playoffs with late season surges (just to get beaten in the first round of the playoffs). In one of the first Bills SB years he beat the Bills backups (primary starters all were held out since we had the #1 seed wrapped up) in OT to make the playoffs.

Regarding BB, he's a great defensive coach who recognizes the importance of a great offence. I say the last part because I believe it's not always true with defensive coaches. I think many would continue to play a conservative style and want their defense to win games. That approach may have still won BB a couple of SBs, but certainly not six. 

I love learning cool little random tidbits like this instead of the usual bickering on this board. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

21 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Belichick is one of the greatest defensive minds to ever coach the sport, but he’s only had two winning seasons without Tom Brady (someone correct me if I’m wrong).

I haven't read the entire thread, so there might be other responses, but I believe it is three seasons:

1994 - 11-5 - Cleveland

2008 - 10-6 - New England (with Mass Cassel as QB)

2021 - 10-7 - New England

Without Brady, as a head coach of Cleveland and New England, he has four winning seasons and five losing.

Edited by chongli

18 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Wayne Fontes is the winningest coach in Detroit Lions history. He took them to the playoffs when nobody ever dreamed of that. Plus, he did it with a smile on his face and is a good guy.

You're way better than that last remark. He coached in the late 80s and early 90s.

Wayne Fonts is the only guy to make the Lions consistently good during all the years I've watched the NFL They routinely got to the playoffs with him and even made the championship game. Of course it helped that he had the best RB in history (IMO) running the ball but he also had guys like Kramer at QB.

I've often wondered if they'd somehow managed to beat Washington in the championship game... imagine that, Bills Vs Lions in our second SB. We might have actually won one!

Man, we think we've had it tough as fans. Those Lions diehards deserve medals for the way they continue to support their team. I actually feel a sort of spiritual connection with them. This is why I always pull for them (unless they're playing us). Those fans deserve good things to happen to them. If I had to pick a second team I'd definitely pick Detroit

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Wayne Fonts is the only guy to make the Lions consistently good during all the years I've watched the NFL They routinely got to the playoffs with him and even made the championship game. Of course it helped that he had the best RB in history (IMO) running the ball but he also had guys like Kramer at QB.

I've often wondered if they'd somehow managed to beat Washington in the championship game... imagine that, Bills Vs Lions in our second SB. We might have actually won one!

Man, we think we've had it tough as fans. Those Lions diehards deserve medals for the way they continue to support their team. I actually feel a sort of spiritual connection with them. This is why I always pull for them (unless they're playing us). Those fans deserve good things to happen to them. If I had to pick a second team I'd definitely pick Detroit

Between Detroit and Cleveland, we have no claim on being the hardest-luck fans.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So it was up to the Bills themselves to determine whether or not Belichick came out of there looking like a genius...that's actually my point. The Bills suffered too many self-inflicted wounds that night. The Giants capitalized. But the biggest factor, imho, is that the Bills D could not get off the field. This in turn created the need to press on O, but Belichick had nothing to do (at least to my knowledge) with the Bills suddenly forgetting to tackle---too many times. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgWfLZgr-YA

I don't disagree with your emphasis on our defensive failures but to believe Belichick deserves no special credit for that game plan is extremely ignorant.  Our offense was breathtakingly successful and efficient back then, especially that year.  

Let's cut through the crap and focus on this:  our amazing offense got the ball on the 10 with 2:16 on the clock and could only provide Norwood a 47 yard opportunity. That was plenty of time for our well-oiled machine to score 7 under most circumstances.  How is that on our defensive failures and why does Belichick deserve no credit for this and throwing us off our game in the first half?

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Billy B may regret sticking around longer.

I know he probably wanted to prove something but he had nothing to prove. He probably wanted to prove the Belichick/Brady thing but he really didnt have to.  I think he should have retired.  Its his life though.  Maybe he just cant stand the thought of being away from football.

That team needs a QB and a rebuild.  I dont think he is sticking around for that long.  I also dont think stars are going to align again for him like last season.  Even if they do so what?  He wasnt winning a superbowl like that.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I know he probably wanted to prove something but he had nothing to prove. He probably wanted to prove the Belichick/Brady thing but he really didnt have to.  I think he should have retired.  Its his life though.  Maybe he just cant stand the thought of being away from football.

That team needs a QB and a rebuild.  I dont think he is sticking around for that long.  I also dont think stars are going to align again for him like last season.  Even if they do so what?  He wasnt winning a superbowl like that.

Like so many coaches, he probably thought success was based on scheme and not players. In some regard, the Pats success with only a single long-term superstar was largely based on BB’s scheme. However, as in most of the coaches cases, if you don’t have the horses, you’ll lose the race.

…at the end of the day, coaches will eventually outsmart themselves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Did he have to prove anything?  No.  Did he want to show everyone that it was him and not Brady?  Definitely.  Another losing season and he'll have had just 4 winning seasons without him and 6 losing ones.

I agree he's not going to want to be in for a rebuild.  And with Bobby allegedly now starting to question his personnel moves, a breakup is all but certain.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.