‘It’s Over!‘: LeSean McCoy Rips Patriots Head Coach

Scott7975

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

...ish. Thurman still ran roughshod on him in that one, Kelly did enough to get them to a game winning FG attempt, and the bigger story from that game was our D not being able to tackle on 3rd & long, extending drive after Giant drive to a backup QB Hostetler filling in for Phil Simms. 

True.  But his defense frustrated Kelly who was unstoppable up until that point.  Had Buffalo decided to run the ball sooner, the outcome would have been different.  The Giants D allowed a league low 211 points that season (13.19 PPG).  Buffalo's O lead the league with 428 points (26.75 PPG).  Our offense scored 17 points in that super bowl.

Edited by Azucho98

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'll just be a little more clear on what I agree with from the article.  I think that Belichick is a good coach.  In fact, I think he is a great coach.  I just dont think he is necessarily the goat.  There is more to his coaching career than just Brady being good. Cheating is always going to hang on him because I dont care what people think, spygate was real.  I dont really care about the deflate gate stuff though.  The guy is always trying to look for loopholes in the rules to exploit.  He keeps books on referrees and teaches his guys what penalties they can get away with and can't.  Some might say that one is just good coaching but I think its skirting the cheating line.  I wont argue that, just my opinion.  Other things helped propell those superbowl wins such as having great offensive coaching and being able to get star players on low level contracts wanting to get rings.  As well as Brady always playing under market value so he can spend cap elsewhere.

In any case what I agree with is that his time is done. Mac Jones is not a good QB.  The team around him is not good either. I can't see that team regardless of coaching do what they did last season.  One because the book is out on Jones.  Two because the stars likely wont align this season and have all the tough teams play with their stars on the sidelines. Three because I think his coaching staff is a clown show and arent good enough to run an offense like McDaniels was.  Four because the team over all is aged or just not good.  Sure, they probably win some games but not close to last season. Also, I think we are getting to "the game has passed him by" territory.  Maybe not necessarily but his best bet on the team is run and stop the run.  He dont have the team to do that either.  Lastly, because I don't think Kraft is going to put up with losing like that.  Its obvious Belichick is a terrible GM.  Before the season started I put in the hot takes thread... The Pats are last in the division and Belichick is "fired."  It'll probably look more like retirement out of respect.

Unless Kraft is going to let him go another year assuming Belichick is going to draft the top QB prospect next draft and build around it, I just don't see Belichick staying on in a losing situation.  That team is a mess.  You can only coach your way around scrubs and aging vets so much.  Even if he is the best of all time.

Bolded I believe Bill is a great game planner and that is what makes one part of him good. That being said, Bill has a huge part of why they are in the predicament they are on now. FA decisions, Draft decisions that he has a huge part in. so in part.. he is really good.. but behind the scenes decisions, he struggles. HE IS why this team is this bad. Is he a good game day/ game planning coach? yes... outside that, I struggle saying is is anything more then good. Brady made him great. period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

He stopped the 1990 Bills offense in the super bowl, and of course Tom Brady didn't help him do that.  He's a great defense coach.  Without a strong O coordinator and QB he looks very average.

I was thinking the same thing.  I do think he's one of the greatest defensive minds of all time and he's a good head coach, but maybe not as great as his reputation.  This also goes to show how great Brady is, love him or not.  The fact that he could go to Tampa at age 42 (or whatever age he was at the time) and win a Super Bowl, then last year lead the NFL in yards and TDs at age 44 or 45 is pretty amazing.  The success in New England with Brady was not an accident.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I'll just be a little more clear on what I agree with from the article.  I think that Belichick is a good coach.  In fact, I think he is a great coach.  I just dont think he is necessarily the goat.  There is more to his coaching career than just Brady being good. Cheating is always going to hang on him because I dont care what people think, spygate was real.  I dont really care about the deflate gate stuff though.  The guy is always trying to look for loopholes in the rules to exploit.  He keeps books on referrees and teaches his guys what penalties they can get away with and can't.  Some might say that one is just good coaching but I think its skirting the cheating line.  I wont argue that, just my opinion.  Other things helped propell those superbowl wins such as having great offensive coaching and being able to get star players on low level contracts wanting to get rings.  As well as Brady always playing under market value so he can spend cap elsewhere.

In any case what I agree with is that his time is done. Mac Jones is not a good QB.  The team around him is not good either. I can't see that team regardless of coaching do what they did last season.  One because the book is out on Jones.  Two because the stars likely wont align this season and have all the tough teams play with their stars on the sidelines. Three because I think his coaching staff is a clown show and arent good enough to run an offense like McDaniels was.  Four because the team over all is aged or just not good.  Sure, they probably win some games but not close to last season. Also, I think we are getting to "the game has passed him by" territory.  Maybe not necessarily but his best bet on the team is run and stop the run.  He dont have the team to do that either.  Lastly, because I don't think Kraft is going to put up with losing like that.  Its obvious Belichick is a terrible GM.  Before the season started I put in the hot takes thread... The Pats are last in the division and Belichick is "fired."  It'll probably look more like retirement out of respect.

Unless Kraft is going to let him go another year assuming Belichick is going to draft the top QB prospect next draft and build around it, I just don't see Belichick staying on in a losing situation.  That team is a mess.  You can only coach your way around scrubs and aging vets so much.  Even if he is the best of all time.

He is done. I agree with that much. 

• Like (+1) 1

So first the first 10 years of Bradys career, people hated on him calling him a system QB. Now that he's gone and Patriots are back to normal he's recognized as the greatest. 

Still an incredible feat for the Patriots to make the playoffs with noodle arm McCorkle last year and almost steal the division from us.  The difference between us and the Pats was 1 win last year,  that's crazy. 

They are both amazing, no matter how much you hate them.  

It's fun watching the Patriots crumble but it took 20 years and Belichick is 70 years old and past his prime.  He really F'd up with his offensive plan post-McDaniels.

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

So first the first 10 years of Bradys career, people hated on him calling him a system QB. Now that he's gone and Patriots are back to normal he's recognized as the greatest. 

Still an incredible feat for the Patriots to make the playoffs with noodle arm McCorkle last year and almost steal the division from us.  The difference between us and the Pats was 1 win last year,  that's crazy. 

They are both amazing, no matter how much you hate them.  

It's fun watching the Patriots crumble but it took 20 years and Belichick is 70 years old and past his prime.  He really F'd up with his offensive plan post-McDaniels.

How many championships does Doug Marrone get with Brady? Probably 3-4.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wont do a dance that Belichick is done until he is done.

That team over-achieved in both seasons post-Brady and came close to knocking the Bills off the top of the Division last year.  It wouldnt shock me if they bumbled their way to a 10-7 record this season.  

With that said, there are a lot of signs that the Patriots are heading toward darker days that will probably result in Belichick leaving.  The QB looks very limited.  Belichick (who was always ahead of the curve) seems to have regressed several decades.  Strange personnel moves like their 1st round pick this spring.  Continuing to allow difference makers to exit.. without Brady to cover the difference.  Not to mention a probably near and mid-term SB contender in their division.  

As far as legacy... I dont think you can deny Belichick will go down on the Mt Rushmore of 4-ish coaches.  Whatever Brady does will diminish over time.  If belichick went on to win the AFC with Cam Newton or something, he would probably be regarded as the best of all time.  Post-Brady will knock him down slightly, but not much over time

Edited by May Day 10

Also let's not leave it out of the question that perhaps Belichick is purposely tanking this year. 

I refuse to believe, even though he's 70, that he's so senile and negligent that he would actually think Patricia and Judge could coach offense and be successful. 

I think they are tanking to get a top QB. Word is BB didn't want to draft a QB that draft and Kraft forced it. 

Blow for Bryce is underway. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Bill Belichick is universally respected by other coaches, former players, etc.

I would not say universally.  A number of ex-players and ex-coaches have talked about the GOAT Cheater and how it disrespects game.  He does have some active fanboys though desiring some short ones as souvienirs.

I don't know whose fault it is in that organization, but they draft like its 1978. 

Actually, they draft like another team that has been using a franchise QB as a life preserver - the Packers, who spend every draft piling up defensive lineman and corners. 

They have no speed on offense, not one up and coming playmaker, average running backs.  

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I would not say universally.  A number of ex-players and ex-coaches have talked about the GOAT Cheater and how it disrespects game.  He does have some active fanboys though desiring some short ones as souvienirs.

Yes. The cheating scandals are definitely an issue. Nobody is going to forget those any time soon. Belichick has always been at the forefront of bending and breaking the rules. Some rules have been changed because of his shenanigans.

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

True.  But his defense frustrated Kelly who was unstoppable up until that point.  Had Buffalo decided to run the ball sooner, the outcome would have been different.  The Giants D allowed a league low 211 points that season (13.19 PPG).  Buffalo's O lead the league with 428 points (26.75 PPG).  Our offense scored 17 points in that super bowl.

our offense was also likely hung over and poorly called game plan. 

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Yes and it was not just the offense not did not "call correct plays" but even at that time his defense skirted rules lying on top of players to slow down hurry up offenses.  There were interviews on this game a number of years after it from some of the defense players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.