‘It’s Over!‘: LeSean McCoy Rips Patriots Head Coach

Scott7975

29 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Wayne Fontes is the winningest coach in Detroit Lions history. He took them to the playoffs when nobody ever dreamed of that. Plus, he did it with a smile on his face and is a good guy.

You're way better than that last remark. He coached in the late 80s and early 90s.

Sorry, but I am 102 and I don't remember him.

• Haha (+1) 2

A lot of coaches and teams broke the rules or engaged in other immoral behavior to improve their legacy. People raved about the Steelers great drafts in the ‘70s, but ignored the fact that they were pioneering steroid use at that time. Pretty easy to see how that bought them some championships. But that doesn’t mean that Chuck Noll wasn’t an excellent coach. He was.

Belichick is a very, very good coach who broke a number of rules to gain advantages. He also stumbled into the GOAT at QB. That’s a recipe for success until you lose that QB and have to stop cheating. The biggest surprise in all of this is that he stuck around to have Mac Jones at QB and disintegrating team around him. He didn’t even give himself a chance to succeed after Brady left. 

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If it's a failed season, it will probably tarnish his legacy in the eyes of most. The cheating has already done that to a degree.

I usually avoid Bellicheat and Brady threads because of all the GOAT crap - it absolutely stuns me the entire human race just casually ignores how much cheating was a factor in their success (and informs their (lack of) character) - like I'm living in some kind of bizarro world

I think the casual fan loves the storyline of a guy who is somehow SO good at their job/sport compared to everyone else.  Bellicheat was that guy among NFL coaches.  Rather than showing humility, his crappy attitude toward the press and others when he did lose makes any current criticism very enjoyable to me.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I said here, many times over, Bill Belichick is basically Lovie Smith minus Tom Brady. I'm sure I'll get the same cute eye roll emoji's from some.

Bill Belichick is the most fortunate head coach in the history of the NFL. 

Lovie wouldn't have won 6 chips. One or two, like McCarthy with Rodgers. That's the difference the elite coach made. He supported Brady and allowed him to make run after run after run. It was a dynasty because they had both.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Belichick let his ego get the best of him with Brady. I think he really thought that Brady wasn’t as important to the dynasty as he was. I think he thought he made Brady, not the other way around.

Brady would’ve been happy to retire a patriot if Belichick would’ve just shown him the respect he had earned. Then we’d always be wondering “who was more responsible for the dynasty, Brady or Belichick?”.

But now it’s looking like Brady was. Maybe that will change in the coming years. I’m not ready to write BB off yet. But as of now Brady is looking like the more important person in that partnership. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, babulator said:

Bill will still go down as the greatest coach in NFL history. In a league where only wins and losses matter, he reins supreme among all NFL coaches. The only question that remains is; who was more integral to that success him, or Brady. I'd challenge anyone to name a coach more knowledgeable than Bill of the NFL rule book. How many times have we seen him gain some small but influencing advantage due to his knowledge of the rules? I don't love Bill, and I remember his days with the Browns and the Jets, and his GM moves have been questionable, but to say that he's anything less than the greatest coach ever is just silly. He's not infallible, and it's still a team sport coaches included, but let's be honest here. 

Don Shula is the greatest coach in NFL history, and it isn't close.  He won far more games than anyone else, and he did it with a consistently excellent team.  The only reason Shula didn't win more SBs is his bad luck that the Bills got so powerful during the period when Marino was at his peak.  

Belichick is a great coach too but let's not overstate things.

The winningest coach in NFL History takes his team to the Playoffs last year with a 2nd year QB that has no business starting in the NFL and has made the playoffs in 17 of the last 20 years with winning records in 19 of them and yea, he's over rated.

- Bills Fans 🤡

This fan base is becoming the new Toronto Maple Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1

Look at the bigger picture.  Brady left when the rest of the Patriots roster was falling apart due to retirements and FA walkaways, plus the departure of so many assistant coaches and coordinators.  The problem for the Patriots is that despite having a great head coach, they have a terrible GM, who happens to be the same guy.  Despite all these problems, the Pats put a good team on the field last year, one that could beat the Bills in Orchard Park, and could make the playoffs.  Of course that's as far as they went, but still, it's a great accomplishment.  

So, while it's true that the Pats headed downhill after Brady left, there's a lot more to their problems than the departure of Brady.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The winningest coach in NFL History takes his team to the Playoffs last year with a 2nd year QB that has no business starting in the NFL and has made the playoffs in 17 of the last 20 years with winning records in 19 of them and yea, he's over rated.

- Bills Fans 🤡

This fan base is becoming the new Toronto Maple Leafs.

Don Shula won 328 games.  George Halas won 318.  Belichick has won 290, so far.  BB is NOT the winningest coach in NFL history. 

But he is still an outstanding coach, and has been held back only by his own incompetence as a GM.

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Look at the bigger picture.  Brady left when the rest of the Patriots roster was falling apart due to retirements and FA walkaways, plus the departure of so many assistant coaches and coordinators.  The problem for the Patriots is that despite having a great head coach, they have a terrible GM, who happens to be the same guy.  Despite all these problems, the Pats put a good team on the field last year, one that could beat the Bills in Orchard Park, and could make the playoffs.  Of course that's as far as they went, but still, it's a great accomplishment.  

So, while it's true that the Pats headed downhill after Brady left, there's a lot more to their problems than the departure of Brady.

Don Shula won 328 games.  George Halas won 318.  Belichick has won 290, so far.  BB is NOT the winningest coach in NFL history. 

But he is still an outstanding coach, and has been held back only by his own incompetence as a GM.

Postseason wins & rings my man. He's a couple years a way from owning every category.

Edited by BullBuchanan

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think Belichick let his ego get the best of him with Brady. I think he really thought that Brady wasn’t as important to the dynasty as he was. I think he thought he made Brady, not the other way around.

Brady would’ve been happy to retire a patriot if Belichick would’ve just shown him the respect he had earned. Then we’d always be wondering “who was more responsible for the dynasty, Brady or Belichick?”.

But now it’s looking like Brady was. Maybe that will change in the coming years. I’m not ready to write BB off yet. But as of now Brady is looking like the more important person in that partnership. 

If Belichick had handled Brady better, maybe Brady would not have left.  That's conjecture but it's reasonable.  But the rest of the roster was deteriorating, and Belichick keeps losing assistant coaches and coordinators.  The Pats would not have been able to maintain their dominance even if Brady was still there.  What would probably have happened is that Brady would have last a couple more years in New England, and then retired, rather than ride the Pats sled downhill.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Postseason wins & rings my man. He's a couple years a way from owning every category.

328 vs 290.  

Belichick won't last long enough to catch Shula.  

51 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Shut up Shady!  No asked for your opinion.

(I agree with some of this though).

Actually if you go on one of these talk shows, it's because people DO want your opinion.  

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If Belichick had handled Brady better, maybe Brady would not have left.  That's conjecture but it's reasonable.  But the rest of the roster was deteriorating, and Belichick keeps losing assistant coaches and coordinators.  The Pats would not have been able to maintain their dominance even if Brady was still there.  What would probably have happened is that Brady would have last a couple more years in New England, and then retired, rather than ride the Pats sled downhill.

328 vs 290.  

Belichick won't last long enough to catch Shula.  

6 vs 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If it's a failed season, it will probably tarnish his legacy in the eyes of most. The cheating has already done that to a degree.

The Patriots have to move on from Belichick if they have any hope of rebuilding. He's too much of a presence for Kraft to bring in a new GM who'd expect to have a free hand.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Don Shula is the greatest coach in NFL history, and it isn't close.  He won far more games than anyone else, and he did it with a consistently excellent team.  The only reason Shula didn't win more SBs is his bad luck that the Bills got so powerful during the period when Marino was at his peak.  

Belichick is a great coach too but let's not overstate things.

Bill is within 40 total wins of Don. I expect him to beat that before he retires (They've coached about the same amount of seasons). As for SB wins, there's no contest. It would be hard to overstate the winningest Superbowl coach of all time. While Don is a good try, his perfect season pales in comparison to BB's rings. I think you'll find yourself in the minority on this one, but we can agree to disagree. Bill >> Don.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.