‘It’s Over!‘: LeSean McCoy Rips Patriots Head Coach

Scott7975

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/it-s-over-lesean-mccoy-rips-patriots-head-coach/ar-AA11RWxP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d342b92fe1c64324a47267e43de4694a

“It’s over for Belichick. It’s over,” McCoy said, during an appearance on FOX Sports’ SPEAK. “I’ve never seen the Patriots pay so many guys on defense at one time. They’re doing it now that Tom is gone. It’s over. This is the real Belichick. The winning percentage, playing with Brady, is 77 percent. Without Tom Brady, you wouldn’t even guess. 47 percent. He don’t win no games without Tom Brady.

“Since Tom Brady has left, they look so regular. Seriously though, when I watch the tape and I really watch them, they’re getting beat up front in the running game, defenders missing tackles - they look bad. They can’t do anything on offense. Every coach in the AFC, for all of these years, when they had Tom Brady, they’re saying the same thing I’m saying right now. Without Tom Brady, Belichick is a good coach. Stop with all of this he’s the greatest of all time. He’s not.”

I agree

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 9

Belichick is one of the greatest defensive minds to ever coach the sport, but he’s only had two winning seasons without Tom Brady (someone correct me if I’m wrong). 
Having arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game will elevate any coach to a higher tier and to rub salt in the wound, Brady won the Super Bowl on an entirely different team the very year after he left the Patriots!

As great as Belichick’s contributions are to the game, he owes Brady his “god-like” status as HC. I think Belichick is a much better defensive coordinator than he ever was a GM or HC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The thing is... in the NFL if you go 47% with average to bad Quarterbacking that is actually pretty decent as a coach. Bill Walsh had a win percentage of 41% without Joe Montana. Just for comparison sake. When you look at most of the top coaches in NFL history you find they had great Quarterbacking. It's why I think at times guys like Joe Gibbs get unfairly overlooked. It's why I say John Harbaugh is an elite coach. Because he has won a Superbowl and made the playoffs 9 times in 14 years without ever having great or elite Quarterback play. that is really hard to do in this league. 

Is Belichick the same coach without Brady? Hell no. But I think people are looking at that win % without him the wrong way around. It isn't proof Belichick is bad. It is proof that he is pretty good. Just to be championship great he needs great Quarterback play. Nothing new there. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Been saying the same thing on this board for a long time.  Still have Belichick fan boys standing up for him.  It's all there.  Guy was on his way to being fired in New England when Bledsoe got injured and Brady saved his neck.   Shady is right, it's over.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I thought it was funny MSN referenced a Bradyless BB team is now 71-80.  I wonder if they’ve been listening to Sal on TEPS (the extra point show).  He’s been saying that all off season.

As far as McCoy, I’ve heard him a few times as they were trying him out on NFLR on M mornings and he basically said the same on the radio as was reported in this article.  He’s a breath of fresh air on the radio as he doesn’t pull punches.

OP, thanks for sharing and any opportunity to throw dirt on BB is a good thread.

• Like (+1) 4

Bill will still go down as the greatest coach in NFL history. In a league where only wins and losses matter, he reins supreme among all NFL coaches. The only question that remains is; who was more integral to that success him, or Brady. I'd challenge anyone to name a coach more knowledgeable than Bill of the NFL rule book. How many times have we seen him gain some small but influencing advantage due to his knowledge of the rules? I don't love Bill, and I remember his days with the Browns and the Jets, and his GM moves have been questionable, but to say that he's anything less than the greatest coach ever is just silly. He's not infallible, and it's still a team sport coaches included, but let's be honest here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

I said here, many times over, Bill Belichick is basically Lovie Smith minus Tom Brady. I'm sure I'll get the same cute eye roll emoji's from some.

Bill Belichick is the most fortunate head coach in the history of the NFL. 

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The thing is... in the NFL if you go 47% with average to bad Quarterbacking that is actually pretty decent as a coach. Bill Walsh had a win percentage of 41% without Joe Montana. Just for comparison sake. When you look at most of the top coaches in NFL history you find they had great Quarterbacking. It's why I think at times guys like Joe Gibbs get unfairly overlooked. It's why I say John Harbaugh is an elite coach. Because he has won a Superbowl and made the playoffs 9 times in 14 years without ever having great or elite Quarterback play. that is really hard to do in this league. 

Is Belichick the same coach without Brady? Hell no. But I think people are looking at that win % without him the wrong way around. It isn't proof Belichick is bad. It is proof that he is pretty good. Just to be championship great he needs great Quarterback play. Nothing new there. 

So is coaching overrated?

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

If it's a failed season, it will probably tarnish his legacy in the eyes of most. The cheating has already done that to a degree.

I would put it this way;

The CONSTANT cheating has already done that…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Been saying the same thing on this board for a long time.  Still have Belichick fan boys standing up for him.  It's all there.  Guy was on his way to being fired in New England when Bledsoe got injured and Brady saved his neck.   Shady is right, it's over.

Stop reading their posts on this board.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Pete Carroll was two game over .500 in his last two years with the Patriots with Bledsoe as his starter. (17-15)

Belichick was 5-13 with Bledsoe as his starter the next two seasons until Drew went down.

Belichick was on his way to being canned until Mo Lewis saved his career.

• Like (+1) 2

Are there many good coaches out there with good win/loss records if you take away all their years with good QB's? I'm guessing there aren't many.

I've always been impressed with what Bill Belichick has done with his defense. There were years when I thought their defense would be atrocious because of players lost in the off-season. He always gets it performing pretty well.

However, as a GM I think he is below average. He has had some bad drafts. Often overdrafts players. He seems to get the right pieces in free agency, besides 2021 which was bad.

But as a coach, this is just how it is. Winning coaches have a good QB behind their success. But those QB's and other players usually give a lot of credit to their coaches. Kelly and all the other 90's Bills rave about Marv Levy. So, we as fans can speculate about how much credit coaches deserve, but the players usually make it clear that the coach deserves a lot of credit. Bill Belichick is universally respected by other coaches, former players, etc.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.