Josh vs. Herbert and Mahomes…

Dopey

53 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1. Allen

2. Mahomes 

3. Herbert 

Josh is the cyborg sent from the future. He does it all.  Mahomes is extremely talented but as we all saw last night ( should've been 3 INT's) he gets his breaks. Herbert is amazing but very robotic in his progressions.    As I said last year these will be your top 3 qbs for the next decade. There's no one in the NFC the concerns me once Brady & Rodgers retire.

You’re doing could have been ints? That’s insane. Allen has thrown his share of ints that defenders dropped. Living in hypotheticals is a bad way to live. Like I could have married Margot Robbie if we met and it makes me sad.

if Allen wants the top spot, he needs to beat Mahomes. No if ands or buts.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re doing could have been ints? That’s insane. Allen has thrown his share of ints that defenders dropped. Living in hypotheticals is a bad way to live. Like I could have married Margot Robbie if we met and it makes me sad.

if Allen wants the top spot, he needs to beat Mahomes. No if ands or buts.

You mean the bills need to beat the Chiefs.  Allen did pretty great in the playoffs and regular season last year.  I'm not putting 13s on Josh.  IMO two years ago they were clearly better, last year that gap was gone.  From that trend I think were gonna be better.  Our ability to get pressure from the edge will be the difference (previously relied on pressure up the middle which is a strength of Chiefs now).  

22 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Mahomes is the best QB in football.

Allen and Herbert are on par with each other with each possessing (unique) elite traits and upside. Add Burrow to this threesome and you could justifiably rank them in any order.

Joe Burrow has to learn to get rid of the ball quicker. He’s a sitting duck.

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

You mean the bills need to beat the Chiefs.  Allen did pretty great in the playoffs and regular season last year.  I'm not putting 13s on Josh.  IMO two years ago they were clearly better, last year that gap was gone.  From that trend I think were gonna be better.  Our ability to get pressure from the edge will be the difference (previously relied on pressure up the middle which is a strength of Chiefs now).  

Yup that’s fair. But it’s hard to say Allen is better until he wins a MVP and Sb, which he has a good shot at both this year.

that Allen is even in this debate is absolutely amazing. In my wildest dreams, I could never imagine Allen being this good.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup that’s fair. But it’s hard to say Allen is better until he wins a MVP and Sb, which he has a good shot at both this year.

that Allen is even in this debate is absolutely amazing. In my wildest dreams, I could never imagine Allen being this good.

Fair, and it may have you been up thread that said Mahomes is ahead because of MVP and Sb.  I respect that.  I think Allen does more with less, but agree that its a conversation is amazing.  

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think just the SB is enough.  Winning MVP isnt all that important IMO.  Would be great to add to his resume but its just a stats award.

Mahomes lucked out on the first 'interception'; that was such a tick tack call. And the third interception attempt should have been held. Hopefully he's using his luck up in the regular season. Saying that, there's no doubt he's a phenomenal Quarterback.

Herbert was drafted two years after Josh - it was 2020 when Josh really took off so Herbert has time; at this point of his career I'd say he is ahead of Josh but whether he'll continue on the same trajectory is up for debate.

Three superb Quarterbacks... shame the other two are also in the AFC!

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But it’s hard to say Allen is better until he wins a MVP and Sb, which he has a good shot at both this year.

Are we ranking the QBs by past accomplishments or by current ability? Past accomplishments it is not a debate. Current ability there are plenty of good arguments that Allen is a better overall QB. Super Bowl wins are a team stat. Allen did everything he needed to do, and then some, to get the Bills to a Super Bowl last year. That's a lame standard.

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think just the SB is enough.  Winning MVP isnt all that important IMO.  Would be great to add to his resume but its just a stats award.

True and us as Bills fans shouldn’t care either way. I do think if we are going to get in this silly ranking of players, a MVP award Carries a lot of weight.  For instance, there is a case that Rodgers could be considered a better qb than Brady because he has more MVPs. I don’t think he is but it’s not crazy to say Rodgers is a better player who played with worse coaches and defenses.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

a MVP award Carries a lot of weight

Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Josh Allen with that standard. I'll watch their play on the field and make my own judgments. I don't need the 2-3 year old opinions of 50 NFL analysts to tell me who the best QB is right now. That doesn't make any sense.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Are we ranking the QBs by past accomplishments or by current ability? Past accomplishments it is not a debate. Current ability there are plenty of good arguments that Allen is a better overall QB. Super Bowl wins are a team stat. Allen did everything he needed to do, and then some, to get the Bills to a Super Bowl last year. That's a lame standard.

This is why this is stupid. Because I don’t want to throw any shade at Josh who is amazing. But Mahomes had better passing numbers than Allen last year and is currently at 7 tds to 0 ints this year. Not really sure how anyone can say Allen is definitively better at this point.

but allen and Mahomes are great. Along with with Rodgers and plastic face Brady. I think Herbert is in a class with Burrow. I will say that I’m so happy the fins have Tua and the pats have Max because last night (and Josh) showed plays they have no chance of making.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Josh Allen with that standard. I'll watch their play on the field and make my own judgments. I don't need the 2-3 year old opinions of 50 NFL analysts to tell me who the best QB is right now. That doesn't make any sense.

Well, you’re a Bills fan haha. Allen could easily leap him this year but in this silly hypothetical, he’s not there yet (and Herbert isn’t close). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes had better passing numbers than Allen last year and is currently at 7 tds to 0 ints this year.

And yet Allen has been the much better QB over the last 3 games played. The last 3 games Mahomes played he was spotty against the Chargers, dominated the Cardinals, and played an awful 2nd half against the Bengals. I don't care even a little bit about his TD to INT ratio from this year. I've watched every throw in each of their last 3 games. I know what my eyes tell me. As the season goes on we'll get more evidence. I'm not ready to put Allen above Mahomes just yet, they're still equal for me, but I think it's even more ridiculous to put Mahomes above Allen at this point.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

Fair, and it may have you been up thread that said Mahomes is ahead because of MVP and Sb.  I respect that.  I think Allen does more with less, but agree that its a conversation is amazing.  

He isn't doing more with less this year. Give me the Bills offensive personnel over KC's. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't doing more with less this year. Give me the Bills offensive personnel over KC's. 

Yeah the weirdest discourse I heard in the offseason was that the Chiefs offense would somehow be better without Tyreek Hill on the field. If you tried to tell Chiefs fans there's no way that would happen, they would throw out Mahomes's record in games that Hill missed as if that alone ended the argument. Turns out going from arguably the most dynamic offensive talent in the game to a pair of mediocre WRs has a negative impact.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah the weirdest discourse I heard in the offseason was that the Chiefs offense would somehow be better without Tyreek Hill on the field. If you tried to tell Chiefs fans there's no way that would happen, they would throw out Mahomes's record in games that Hill missed as if that alone ended the argument. Turns out going from arguably the most dynamic offensive talent in the game to a pair of mediocre WRs has a negative impact.

Tyreek is special. I was never a big JuJu guy even when he had a nice rookie year. I said then take AB away and see how he looks. The answer was not too hot. And MVS? Give me a break. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.