LA Chargers @ KC Chiefs - TNF Game Thread

Simon

One of the takeaways from this game is all the breaks went the Chiefs way. I'm not saying that to say the Chargers were robbed or the Chiefs didn't deserve to win. Just pointing out how the luck of the ball bounced that night. To me this was a game where that luck bounced overwhelmingly to one team. It happens in the NFL we just don't see it all the time.

1. The Herbert pick six. You never factor in a pick six. A goal line INT? Sure, always possible. But a pick six? That's some hard luck.

2. Three Mahomes INT's that weren't. Any of the three could have been INT's as the flip of the coin goes. Chargers came up with none. So now they are basically -4 in the (+/-) turnover probability category and too make matters worst their one turnover went for six. Now I do seem to recall another Herbert pass that also could have been picked but wasn't in the second half too. But you get my point.

3. The o-line injuries. I believe the Chargers loss their Center and their RT somewhere in the second half. This was exactly when the Chiefs pass rush started to really get home to Herbert. I remember clearly thinking the Chargers line looked like the best in the league in the first half. Not so much in the second half. 

It was a great game. I just want the Bills to get the #1 seed so we aren't in a position where we potentially have to play both of them in the playoffs. Let them duke it out as the 2 and 3 seeds in the divisional.

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not dumping on Mahomes but Allens "struggles" was one int.  The other two in that half were not on him.  McKenzie gave up the ball and Cook fumbled the other.  Thats what stopped the Bills offense.  Not Allen "struggles"

Yep. Josh had one bad throw. The pick to Hill which he was late on and there was a bit of arm arrogance "I'm late but I'll still get it there" and hats off to Hill he closed quickly and made a real nice play. 

That was it. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Agree re the Chargers’ offense…they have no real weapons…kind of a dink and dunk attack. They don’t scare me at all…

They don't have separators. Everett did a nice job second half finding some spots in the zone but he is a "safety blanket" type Tight End not a big play guy. Williams doesn't separate though he is a contested catch monster. Palmer is pretty meh. Allen separates when he is healthy because he runs very good routes, but he isn't explosive either. The one guy I do think is a home run hitter is Ekeler who isn't a burner but is fast enough and has exceptional quick feet and can make guys miss. But he is a running back. If you are throwing him the ball 10 times a game hoping for an explosive play you are forcing yourself into dink and dunk style. 

In fairness they have spent their last two firsts on offensive linemen including an excellent young left tackle and they needed that. But with Allen not getting any younger they are a team that should go receiver early in 2023. 

On 9/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, Protocal69 said:

I was streaming the game from my computer and at the bottom of the screen their was a drop down for broadcast and once you selected it there was 4 different broadcast options to choose from and the one that had the ALL-22 option was listed as Prime Vision. It was ALL-22 with the name of the players shown above them in message bubble form. Best viewing experience Ive ever had watching a NFL game. 

Here is screenshot of what it looked like:

So we can only watch the game this way on Amazon Prime?

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

So we can only watch the game this way on Amazon Prime?

That is correct. And it's an option you need to pick even after turning the game one. 

It doesn't show it all the time but I would say about 60% of the time I watched in the 3rd qtr.  It was cool but switched back after a bit. 

Just now, The Wiz said:

That is correct. And it's an option you need to pick even after turning the game one. 

It doesn't show it all the time but I would say about 60% of the time I watched in the 3rd qtr.  It was cool but switched back after a bit. 

That looks awesome especially if you're following a Wr, RB or TE, fantasy football 

Just now, Bronxbomber21 said:

That looks awesome especially if you're following a Wr, RB or TE, fantasy football 

I did find myself keying in on specific players while they were showing it just to see the live routes they were running.  The biggest issues I had with it was I was watching on my computer and you really couldn't see the ball but I'm sure wouldn't be a problem on a normal sized tv.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.