LA Chargers @ KC Chiefs - TNF Game Thread

Simon

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Chargers just ain’t ready yet.. Reminds me of Buffalo a couple years ago.. Just beat themselves 5-6 times in that game. Refs certainly did them no favors. 

I thought there were a couple ticky-tack DH/DPI calls against KC.

To which of course I say "ya hate ta see it" 😇

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Does anyone get more lucky than Patrick Mahomes?

He’s obviously a great player but I think he’s certainly been fortunate with the dropped picks this year…he’s getting pretty close to double digits in that department. Of course the one bad throw josh had in week 1 was intercepted though 😂 the football gods are cruel

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills kicked their asses last year in regular season and were thisclose in postseason. We got better, they didn’t. I like our chances. 

***** Chiffs.  The Chargers out-played them in the 1st half but let them stick around.  You can not let the Chiefs stick around.  You need to kill them, and then cut off their heads, and then drive a stake through their heart - then don't let up in the 4th Q.

If you let the Chiffs stick around, they always find a lucky horseshoe to stick up their butts one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

They did… but Chargers were down 2 starters on O line

Yep I didn’t realize that initially…assuming the chargers don’t have too many long term injuries I think today wasnt a bad outcome for us. They seem to be a more complete team than kc and the game really swung on those oline injuries 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

***** Chiffs.  The Chargers out-played them in the 1st half but let them stick around.  You can not let the Chiefs stick around.  You need to kill them, and then cut off their heads, and then drive a stake through their heart - then don't let up in the 4th Q.

If you let the Chiffs stick around, they always find a lucky horseshoe to stick up their butts one way or another.

**** the Chiefs 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yep I didn’t realize that initially…assuming the chargers don’t have too many long term injuries I think today wasnt a bad outcome for us. They seem to be a more complete team than kc and the game really swung on those oline injuries 

I hope you’re right, my friend…. but the f’n Chiefs just find ways to win… or seem to catch the breaks. The Chargers, on the other hand, seem to do just enough to lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He’s obviously a great player but I think he’s certainly been fortunate with the dropped picks this year…he’s getting pretty close to double digits in that department. Of course the one bad throw josh had in week 1 was intercepted though 😂 the football gods are cruel

Unlike @Protocal69, I can NOT get an all-22 during the game, so I can't tell - did Mahomes just not have decent checkdown or quick, short route options drawn up in his plays, or did he just not TAKE them until late in the 2nd half?

I thought the Chargers had much better designed offensive plays, Herbert looked amazing at times (and them missed some throws he should have had)

I thought Mahomes did NOT look in sync with his WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I am appalled that they are not using a sufficient frame rate for sports streaming. This is actually unbelievable after all the money they paid. If this is the future of Sunday Ticket as well, we'll all long for the DirecTV days (hell, I already know I will because I won't get the Ticket for free anymore).

How are people watching this? Enjoy your headaches.

So just out of curiosity I turned on the develop tools advanced menu on my fire stick.

The game was holding a pretty consistent 60 frames per second for me, and was broadcast in 1080p full HD. It had a few spikes here and there of aro7nd 70 frames per second but I didn’t see it drop below 60fps.

5264AD70-E8DC-4088-82CB-D2655F0D7CA6.jpeg

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

They did… but Chargers were down 2 starters on O line

Who were the Chargers missing?  They were missing OT Brendan Jaimes, who else on OL?

Also WR Keenan Allen who is a loss for them, but it seemed like they had guys who stepped up.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I am appalled that they are not using a sufficient frame rate for sports streaming. This is actually unbelievable after all the money they paid. If this is the future of Sunday Ticket as well, we'll all long for the DirecTV days (hell, I already know I will because I won't get the Ticket for free anymore).

How are people watching this? Enjoy your headaches.

I am watching on a 2012 Samsung SmartTV using the Amazon Prime Video app installed on an Apple TV.

The resolution and frame rate are both fine.  It was 1080p and fast.  I was pleased with the video quality.

I have ~600 Mbps download over fiberoptic and a Mesh router to compensate for all the brick walls between our router and TV.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Why? I think both KC and SD are more than capable of beating the Bills. I still think the Bill's are better but barely. Home field is important. 

Any given Sunday

I think it's too soon in the season to tell. 

KC looked all world against AZ, which fancies itself a contender, last weekend.

KC didn't look so great in the 1st half against the Chargers, improved in the 2nd half but still needed a lucky horseshoe or 2 to win

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.