Well Bill Simmons has bowed to Bills fans.....

Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Like I said earlier, Boston affiliated media are some real tools. Kevin Wildes and Eric Mangini are picking the Titans. Mangini is giving the coaching nod to Vrabel. 😂

Vrabel is one of the best coaches in the league so that’s not really crazy.  With prime Henry and AJ Brown, this would be a very dangerous game and tough matchup for us. But they aren’t the same Titans as last year. Bills by a billion. 

Here we go..... Just starting the podcast.... A huge Bills fan to start Ariel Herwani.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2022/9/21/23364291/buffalo-bills-wwe-revival-brooklyn-nets-predictions-tim-donaghy-documentary

First 30 minutes are the Bills.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Here we go..... Just starting the podcast.... A huge Bills fan to start Ariel Herwani.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2022/9/21/23364291/buffalo-bills-wwe-revival-brooklyn-nets-predictions-tim-donaghy-documentary

First 30 minutes are the Bills.

Ariel Herwani's awesome. I'll give it a listen 

I'm a Simmons fan & listen to a lot of his pods (he was a GREAT writer, but almost never does that anymore).

He's a pretty classic Boston homer.  His opinions were more fun when Boston teams were scrappy underdogs and not winning much.  Now, they can be a bit condescending.  But he's giving the Bills some props lately.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bill Simmons is still a thing? He was good 20 years ago. He hasn’t mattered for a decade+. I’m not ready to make that Masshole relevant.

He sold his company for like $200 million to Spotify. But yes, he’s definitely a homer and wrong a lot. I still enjoy his work. 

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But they are doing a weekly QB ranking and updated this week and still way off on Allen. Yes take a look and you will be seeing red. Lamar Jackson much higher on creativity and now I'm still behind Herbert and Rodgers.

https://qbrankings.theringer.com/?_ga=2.51474857.1079638398.1663623915-2026742453.1660077876

We are fuming because are qb is ranked 4th by some random dudes on the internet? The Bills have officially gotten first world problems and it’s awesome. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He sold his company for like $200 million to Spotify. But yes, he’s definitely a homer and wrong a lot. I still enjoy his work. 

We are fuming because are qb is ranked 4th by some random dudes on the internet? The Bills have officially gotten first world problems and it’s awesome. 

Having fun as seems regardless of what Josh does (yes a bad int week 1), somehow he barely moves.  Nice to have these problems lately.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Having fun as seems regardless of what Josh does (yes a bad int week 1), somehow he barely moves.  Nice to have these problems lately.

Haha, honestly, was Kelly ever considered top 5 when he played? Personally, after all the misery we have suffered through, I kinda hate all the bills love. I like being the secret underdog. Everything is way too positive haha. 

• Agree 1

On 9/15/2022 at 2:06 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

20-0 and Josh will be MVP.....

Yes I am a fan of The Ringer and their podcasts. Bill Simmons has  listened to Bill's Mafia, your emails and texts and I guess the Bills are going undefeated.

Of course he is tongue in cheek and yes she is smarting over the Patriots Week 1 performance. He actually is ready for a down year. And nothing will bother more than probably a Bills Super Bowl.... 😜

I will say The Ringer is consistently the best Sports & Pop Culture content on the net. 

Yes I know it is not all Bills all the time, but they do have plenty and Bill slowly is warming up to them.....🤣  

The Ringer is my favorite site.

But Simmons knows less about football than most members here.

12 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Boy Buffalo fans hate him.....  Sorry to burst your bubble, but the world goes beyond Western NY.

I lived outside of WNY for 15 years since he was relevant. I spent 4 years in Boston when he was “The Boston Sports Guy.” He is irrelevant now. He produced a couple of good documentaries (like the Andre the Giant one). I’ve forgotten more about football than Bill Simmons will ever know. He doesn’t matter anymore on the national scale. Sorry if that hurts your feelings…

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He sold his company for like $200 million to Spotify. But yes, he’s definitely a homer and wrong a lot. I still enjoy his work

I didn’t say that he wasn’t successful. I said that his voice doesn’t matter in the sports world anymore (he still has SOME juice within the NBA but not like he did). It doesn’t. He had a huge audience back in the day. People were looking for him to “weigh in.” He is irrelevant now and we are all better of for it.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, LeGOATski said:

Idk who that is

Not sure if you're a millennial or a baby boomer.  Definitely not Generation X though.

12 hours ago, Success said:

I'm a Simmons fan & listen to a lot of his pods (he was a GREAT writer, but almost never does that anymore).

He's a pretty classic Boston homer.  His opinions were more fun when Boston teams were scrappy underdogs and not winning much.  Now, they can be a bit condescending.  But he's giving the Bills some props lately.

I've always been a fan.  His writing was innovative and unique at the time.  He's well aware of how spoiled he's become as a Pats fan and will have fun because of it.  However, he did say after the Super Bowl that the Bills were the best team and would've won if it wasn't for the coaching maleficence of the 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

99% of Bills fans are not on this site

I’d guess 90% do not use social media regularly

Like on here, the loudest, shrillest voices get amplified

The overwhelming majority of Bills fans do not see the SuperBowl as a lock, that’s the media machine. We know it’s a long season, anything can happen but we’ve got a good opportunity to be there. That’s it

10 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

99% of Bills fans are not on this site

Like on here, the loudest, shrillest voices get amplified

The overwhelming majority of Bills fans do not see the SuperBowl as a lock, that’s the media machine. We know it’s a long season, anything can happen but we’ve got a good opportunity to be there. That’s it

Count me in the “underwhelming minority.” I will be surprised if the Bills don’t win the Super Bowl. I believe that they might be historically dominant (like the ‘07 Pats but with a title). That team had a +315 point differential which is by far the best ever. That is attainable.

I believe we are WAY beyond “in the hunt” for the Super Bowl. I believe that he Bills would be AT LEAST A 7-point favorite on a neutral site vs. every team in football. They are significantly better than every other team. If they don’t win, it will be a disappointment. 

It’s okay to feel this way. We don’t need to pretend that isn’t the case to protect our feelings if the goal isn’t met. Expect greatness

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Woah, calm down... Bills fans are just mere humans. And like most humans, they're on their phones/social media for an unhealthy amount of time. Even my grandma is on social media. And she's old as *****. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.