I Like Listening to Diggs

Shaw66

Here's Diggs's press conference after yesterday's practice.    "I'm Living My Best Life"

I love hearing his intensity.  He's about doing everything as well as it can be done, and about getting his teammates, especially the younger guys, to learn how to do that.  

He was given an opportunity to talk about how it felt to win against Ramsey, and he wouldn't take the bait.  In fact, he said he plays against someone really good every week.   

He talks about how in the beginning he and Josh were just two guys playing ball, because they didn't know each other.   Now, he says, Josh knows what he's thinking and he knows what Josh is thinking.   

Someone asked if Davis has surprised him.  He said no, people who were around him every day knew how good he was, and it was just that people on the outside didn't know.  

What I like best is that you can see that he's really smart.   He really wants people to ask him intelligent questions, questions that make him think, questions that give him the opportunity to tell us something we don't understand.   If he gets a dumb question, he gives a quick but polite answer, but you can see him perk up when he can tell that the question came from someone who's actually thinking about it's like to be a ball player.  

And he paraphrases McDermott.   He says that since he left Minnesota, he's living his "best life."   You can tell how much he appreciates what he has, how grateful he is to have had his career play out this way, and how deeply he understands that it's hard work and attention to the details that got him here.   

Interesting guy.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree.

Smart and articulate, humble yet determined and positive.

I still think the turmoil surrounding his Minnesota departure is a real head scratcher, almost as if they "manufactured " turmoil to have an excuse to trade him away..  

I remember reading somewhere, may have been on this board, that the only friction was between him and Cousins. I also think what I read said it had something to do with Cousins and his religious habits/preferences that Diggs didn't really want to be a part of. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I remember reading somewhere, may have been on this board, that the only friction was between him and Cousins. I also think what I read said it had something to do with Cousins and his religious habits/preferences that Diggs didn't really want to be a part of. 

Interesting, what a bizarre situation.  Makes sense as  very few came out and articulated what the issue was.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

I remember reading somewhere, may have been on this board, that the only friction was between him and Cousins. 

Well, when he was leaving Washington, there were a lot of articles about Cousins.   One thing about him is that he seems to want everything in order.   He wants things done just so, and to his credit, he holds himself to that standard.   I think that kind of personality is a lot different from Josh, who's pretty loosey goosey and fun loving while still holding himself to a high standard.   

Diggs says in this press conference that the nature of his relationship with Josh is that he can say to Josh, "I don't like doing that," and Josh will say, "All right, how do you want to do it?"   Josh doesn't care how they do it so long as it works.   I think, whether Diggs intended it or not, it was a comment on Cousins.   I don't think Cousins is nearly as open to that kind of dialog - Cousins is much likely to say, "That's how the route is drawn up, so that's how we'll run it."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree.

Smart and articulate, humble yet determined and positive.

I still think the turmoil surrounding his Minnesota departure is a real head scratcher, almost as if they "manufactured " turmoil to have an excuse to trade him away..  

FOs have been known to do exactly that, as well Cousins is only slightly above average as a QB, that and he is known to try to force his  religious beliefs on his teammates, according to what I read when Diggs was coming to Buffalo, and frankly, who’s got time for that sort of BS, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

For the life of me I still can not believe he is the Bills receiver and JA17 is throwing to him!!!!

These are great days we are living Bro's, GREAT days!!!  We are Jolly red white and blue clad fans walking the earth with JA17 and the Bills!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

FOs have been known to do exactly that, as well Cousins is only slightly above average as a QB, that and he is known to try to force his  religious beliefs on his teammates, according to what I read when Diggs was Compton Buffalo, and frankly, who’s got time for that sort BS, 

Diggs has praised Jesus Christ plenty of times throughout his career

And the bills locker room is very Christian including McDermott

I think the forcing his religion on people is a copout answer

38 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Here's Diggs's press conference after yesterday's practice.    "I'm Living My Best Life"

I love hearing his intensity.  He's about doing everything as well as it can be done, and about getting his teammates, especially the younger guys, to learn how to do that.  

He was given an opportunity to talk about how it felt to win against Ramsey, and he wouldn't take the bait.  In fact, he said he plays against someone really good every week.   

He talks about how in the beginning he and Josh were just two guys playing ball, because they didn't know each other.   Now, he says, Josh knows what he's thinking and he knows what Josh is thinking.   

Someone asked if Davis has surprised him.  He said no, people who were around him every day knew how good he was, and it was just that people on the outside didn't know.  

What I like best is that you can see that he's really smart.   He really wants people to ask him intelligent questions, questions that make him think, questions that give him the opportunity to tell us something we don't understand.   If he gets a dumb question, he gives a quick but polite answer, but you can see him perk up when he can tell that the question came from someone who's actually thinking about it's like to be a ball player.  

And he paraphrases McDermott.   He says that since he left Minnesota, he's living his "best life."   You can tell how much he appreciates what he has, how grateful he is to have had his career play out this way, and how deeply he understands that it's hard work and attention to the details that got him here.   

Interesting guy.  

Good post.  I have to say @Shaw66 when I saw your title I was "OK LAMP" but this is a thoughtful post.

Yeah, Diggs won't take the 🧀

I was thinking the same thing while I was watching his Pc yesterday.  Justin Jefferson may be a better WR and close a fraction of what Diggs’ costs….. but Stef brings so much more than just being a great WR.  

His mentality is a cornerstone of our teams foundation

• Agree 5

Go

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nope, Diggs alluded to this in interviews, Cousins was “that guy” when it came to his way of doing religious expression, ( insisting on prayer circles etc)  Diggs is a religious man in his own right, joining in a religious prayer etc is absolutely fine, if it’s of one’s own free will, being coerced in any fashion is no bueno, as anyone would agree. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Without getting into PPP territory, let's just say that there are many ways to interpret and practice Christianity, and some of them are polar opposites to one another. I don't just mean denominations, either.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Without getting into PPP territory, let's just say that there are many ways to interpret and practice Christianity, and some of them are polar opposites to one another. I don't just mean denominations, either.

A true Christian loves all brothers and sisters in Christ

I don’t care what denomination or how you profess your faith

And lots in the NFL are Christian… Unless stef Came out and said Kirk cousins rubbed me the wrong way with his religious attitude I just think it’s hearsay 

If Stef actually said it OK

Edited by Buffalo716

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

How so?

As I think we both know, there are all sorts of Christians. 

There are guys whose faith is a deeply-held but private matter.  They are clear they are Christian, but they don't beat you over the head with it.  If you ask them what they believe or what they think is right, and they trust you and think you're sincere in asking, they'll tell you but they won't judge you if you think differently.   I view McDermott as that type, and as setting that tone in the locker room.  If guys want to have Bible Study at their homes and invite teammates like 'Zo Alexander did, he's down with that as long as it never becomes an issue in the locker room or on the practice field, whether the teammates accept or decline.

There are guys who try to show their faith through their works.  I believe Harrison Phillips was one of them.  He isn't going to tell you what being a Christian means to him, he'll show you what he believes.

Then there are guys who want to "spread the word" and have other people live their lives according to THEIR version of Christian beliefs.  Like if they believe sex outside marriage is wrong, they will make disapproval of a "player" with a dozen girlfriends, clear.  They might even go so far as telling them, they're not a real Christian if they live that way.

So the word about Cousins, was that he was a bit "evangelical" in his particular brand of Christian beliefs, and held prayer meetings in the facility, and got salty especially about offensive players who "noped" out.    And there was some noise about Diggs that would be pretty unpalatable to some Christians if true.

http://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/woman-accuses-vikings-stefon-diggs-forcing-get-abortion/

But as to whether that carried over on the field, they're both professionals so one would expect not.

I think the real confliction with Diggs was likely to be football related - either because of the offensive design, or because of the way Cousins executes it.  Diggs seems much more comfortable with a more improvisational "Diggs, Get Open" or "Diggs, just run" kind of guy.

And Diggs has openly acknowledged now that he played a role in any tensions there.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Interesting guy.  

Reminds me of Shady... maybe not the quick polite answers to dumb questions part :lol:... but the intelligence and willingness to be introspective and not just give a pat answer to questions.

36 minutes ago, transient said:

Reminds me of Shady... maybe not the quick polite answers to dumb questions part :lol:... but the intelligence and willingness to be introspective and not just give a pat answer to questions.

Yes, yes, yes.   Once Shady got to Buffalo and started talking to the press, I liked him for the same reasons.   He understood the game, he understood what it meant to be a teammate, he worked hard, he wanted to win.   Wasn't always polished, but you got straight and insightful answers from the guy.  

And, by the way, Shady in his prime in the 2022 Bills backfield would have been absolutely sick. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.