Buffalo Tix week 2.... Most expensive in resale market

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

depends who does it. Companies currently hold back product to create an artificial shortage to keep prices high because they are use to these pandemic prices now. Nvidia admits to doing so in their quarterly call for example. 

Nvidia is going to get whats coming to them on next release. retailers are stuck with last gen cards and selling them off for huge markoffs currently. Gaming market is going to be interesting the next year or so. Might be a good time to upgrade some parts after the last 2-3 years of markups.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Nvidia is going to get whats coming to them on next release. retailers are stuck with last gen cards and selling them off for huge markoffs currently. Gaming market is going to be interesting the next year or so. Might be a good time to upgrade some parts after the last 2-3 years of markups.

I hope they do.  Its disgusting what they are doing.  In the conference call they literally said they are holding back current gen supply to keep the price where it is.  4000 series cards are going to be just sprinkled into the 3000 series cards so they can keep a price difference.  They are literally holding stock to create artificial shortage to keep the price up.  This should be illegal but somehow isn't.  I am sure that Nvidia is not the only company doing this.  America is getting price gouged.

I plan on building a whole new system myself this year.  Amd's 7 series cpu's look amazing.  Unfortunately Nvidia is still the better GPU.  Not sure which way I am going to go with GPUs yet.  Have to see how prices work out when 4000 series cards launch.

I caught a “good deal” for section 133 Row 38 seats for just $375 each. StubHub said it was the last two available seats in the entire section. Came to a grand total of about $950 with taxes and fees. I was surprised to get that section (40 yard line behind Bills bench) for that cheap just 5 days before the game. It’s the price of having a good team, not being able to score season tix, and still wanting to attend the game! So hey I can’t complain…was expecting to pay around 50% for seats that good.

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I hope they do.  Its disgusting what they are doing.  In the conference call they literally said they are holding back current gen supply to keep the price where it is.  4000 series cards are going to be just sprinkled into the 3000 series cards so they can keep a price difference.  They are literally holding stock to create artificial shortage to keep the price up.  This should be illegal but somehow isn't.  I am sure that Nvidia is not the only company doing this.  America is getting price gouged.

I plan on building a whole new system myself this year.  Amd's 7 series cpu's look amazing.  Unfortunately Nvidia is still the better GPU.  Not sure which way I am going to go with GPUs yet.  Have to see how prices work out when 4000 series cards launch.

AMD GPUs have come a long way. The 6000 series have gone toe to toe with nvidia across the board. Im still running the older 5000 series, a 5700 flashed to xt and overlocked and can run all the games i play at max settings 1440p. 

I got a single season up in the 300s for $450.  because of work the night games are very difficult to attend.  I sold my Titans, Packers and Vikings ticket (wedding to attend that weekend) and made my $450 back plus $100 profit.  200 for the Packers game, 250 for the Titans and 100 for the Packers.....For a single ticket...in the 300s....Esentially I am getting paid to go to 5 Bills games 🙂  LOVING the market!

• Like (+1) 2

FYI, I was at a charity event last night and a pair of tickets in the 45 yard-line sold for $2100 (I think was the final number). I know that it’s charity but still that’s a big number.

For about 2 seconds I considered selling my seats and taking a couple from work. I wouldn’t miss it but we have a bunch of clients coming. It would be annoying to “entertain” but seats in my section are all listed > $500!! That’s insane. I want so little to do with mixing work & Bills that I declined. The Bills are my sanctuary. This is the thing that I do for me. At Bills games I ONLY want to go, and be around, passionate Bills fans. That’s why I love y’all!! This team matters to us differently. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They are literally holding stock to create artificial shortage to keep the price up.  This should be illegal but somehow isn't.  I am sure that Nvidia is not the only company doing this.  America is getting price gouged.

Is should be illegal for companies to have a choice on when to roll out their products in order to keep prices high and create additional profit for your company and shareholders?

I dunno man. That’s a bad precedent in my opinion. These aren’t charities. These are for-profit companies that have a duty to their shareholders to make the most money possible.

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Tix have already decreased over $100 on average since Monday

Im hoping if I keep waiting until the day of the game I might be able to get club tickets for closer to $300 instead of the $800 they’re asking right now. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Is should be illegal for companies to have a choice on when to roll out their products in order to keep prices high and create additional profit for your company and shareholders?

I dunno man. That’s a bad precedent in my opinion. These aren’t charities. These are for-profit companies that have a duty to their shareholders to make the most money possible.

Im hoping if I keep waiting until the day of the game I might be able to get club tickets for closer to $300 instead of the $800 they’re asking right now. 

Yes, it should be.  I dont really want to have a back and forth on this because its a football forum.  But thats my opinion.  Its not any different than price gouging which is illegal.  Its creating an artificial supply and demand when there actually is no supply problem in effort to extort pricing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I experienced the same thing in Los Angeles last week. When the tickets first went on the market, right after the schedule came out, prices were significantly higher than what they were the week of the game. Significantly! Now I haven’t looked into tickets for Monday night but from the prices people are quoting on here you could’ve gone to the game at the utterly amazing new SoFi stadium for the same cost if not a little less. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, it should be.  I dont really want to have a back and forth on this because its a football forum.  But thats my opinion.  Its not any different than price gouging which is illegal.  Its creating an artificial supply and demand when there actually is no supply problem in effort to extort pricing.

I don't think you understand what price gouging is. Price gouging is when a business take advantage of an external crisis (like a pandemic or disaster) to charge excessive prices. It has nothing to do with companies making a fixed amount of non-necessary product and charging more for it.

But I agree, it's a football forum. Lets get back to football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I experienced the same thing in Los Angeles last week. When the tickets first went on the market, right after the schedule came out, prices were significantly higher than what they were the week of the game. Significantly! Now I haven’t looked into tickets for Monday night but from the prices people are quoting on here you could’ve gone to the game at the utterly amazing new SoFi stadium for the same cost if not a little less. 

I know for the playoff game last year, club seats were going for peanuts right as the game was about to start. But you have to be willing to drive out there and wait at the gate right before the game to hopefully snag a deal.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:08 AM, 17islongenough said:

I bought tickets in the lower bowl last month for the Vikings at $200 a piece. The same tickets are over 350 now

i’ve been waiting on tix for those games.  seems I should have acted earlier. 

On 9/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I paid like $230 plus fees 10th row 300 level for this game.

I paid $130 per ticket 200 level for the Pats playoff game for example. The prices are just nuts for the first 3 home games.

I got Minnesota tickets in 203 for like $120 but it's in November. 

when did you buy the minn tix?

On 9/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Captain Caveman said:

I remember paying 15$ from a scalper for seats for an October game (It was like 70 degrees) around the year 2000.

We were visiting a buddy in Cincinnati once, and he had about 20 tickets that belonged to a guy he worked with. He had a deal where we would pay face value - maybe $70 each for four nice seats, then scalp the rest and split whatever he could get for them. This is about 20 years ago, and it was the Bungals. I think the most we could get for the remaining tickets was like $2. I felt pretty stupid, but we laugh about it now. 

The same buddy has his own Bengals seasons now. Three seats at about $150 each. He sold the opener tickets for double that and had a fine time watching the game at Wings and Rings. The opener is always full of hope and excitement! Later in the season, the hope is gone for many, and the weather has turned. I had planned to join him for the Cincinnati game as my road game this year, then the schedule came out. I’m not sure if I want to sit outside in the cold on January 2 for a Monday night game. Call me anything you want, it’s a real consideration for me. 

And it’s not just the tickets! I was looking at my preferred hotel for the home opener with rooms around $250/night. I got sidetracked and came back a few days later to see the same room was more like $450/night. And why on earth is a round trip flight to Buffalo $700-800???   [EDIT: cheapest flight now $809. Almost glad I just can’t make it for other reasons. Almost.]  

THIS IS THE PRICE OF BEING GOOD (literally), AND I”M FINE WITH THAT! 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.