Ownership future?

oldmanfan

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The cost of buying the Buffalo Bills is now well over a billion and a half dollars, (especially with a new stadium), and the current state of the franchise. 

When the league checked out trumps finances ( like they do with all potential buyers) when he made noise about buying the Bills he was only worth, something to the tune of 4-ish billion total ( mostly tied up in property and debt) he is not rich enough to play in the NFL owners club. Remember his was the lowest bid, he really wasn’t in the running.

That and Terry Pegula’s wealth makes trump look poor. The league isn’t going to want a step down in wealth with a potential future new franchise owner. 

Anyway, let’s all hope the Pegulas reign in Buffalo lasts a good long time! 

Per Forbes...

32. Buffalo Bills
Value: $2.27 billion
One-Year Change: 11%
Owners: Terry and Kim Pegula
Operating Income: –$17.6 million

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I think Terry Pegula had said that the team will go to the kids. I’d prefer the tennis player that drank a beer in the press conference after the match. Ideally Kim Pegula recovers soon. 

does anyone know if she was at the Rams game?

We can speculate about the Bills future ownership but Mike Francesa on his lastest podcast said that he is hearing rumors that Woody Johnson may sell the Jets within the next few years. I realize Francesa is a blowhard but he does have some connections with stuff like this. He was one of the first ones to say the Islanders will build a new arena in Belmont near the race track and they did. If this true or not who knows but here you go....

Mike Francesa’s latest chat with Mike Tannenbaum took an interesting turn.

The WFAN legend was yakking with the ex-Jets general manager on Wednesday’s edition of his BetRivers podcast when Mr. T’s old boss came up. Is Woody Johnson truly invested in the Jets? Because the big guy has reason to wonder.

“I’ve been hearing rumblings that the franchise could be sold in the next couple of years, from people who should know things,” Francesa said.

Tannenbaum said he believes the apparent rumors are “probably nonsense.” He added he felt the Johnson family was always all-in during his time in the front office. And Francesa said he does not understand why anyone would sell an NFL team given how profitable a business it is. But then again, it’s not like the Johnsons — chiefly Woody and his brother, Christopher — need the money. And this is not the first time there has been a whiff of Jets sale talk.

Woody has been back at the helm for close to two years now after his adventure as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom (Chris ran the show from 2017-20 in his absence). He did not sound like a man who intended to sell earlier this year at the NFL owners meeting. But he also made a run at the Premier League’s Chelsea when Roman Abramovich was forced to sell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

While none of us know exactly what happened with Kim Pegula,  Terry is no spring chicken.  So if and when Terry passes on, and if Kim is permanently disabled due to her condition what would happen to ownership?  Would the kids take over?  Or would (gasp!) the team have to be put up for sale? 

We of course all hope Terry lives a good long life and that Kim is fine, but I am starting to wonder if Kim will make a full recovery.

Meanwhile we can look forward to stomping the Titans on Monday! 

I have heard from a close friend who owns a company that does business with a Pegula owned company ran by a very close friend of the Pegula family what happened. It's pretty serious and the prognosis for a full recovery is unclear. 

Out of respect for them I will not share this in a post, I had a brief Convo with some people in the shout box about it a week or two ago.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

does anyone know if she was at the Rams game?

They showed Terry sitting in the owners box by himself. Collingsworth even mentioned Kim and said everyone hopes she is doing well and that she is very respected around the league.

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe Trump will buy the team and solve two problems at once.

Is there a rule regarding a convicted felon owning a team?

Plus, he never pays his bills. The lights would be out at the stadium. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The most promising season that I can ever remember and this has to be a topic of discussion?  C'mon man, enjoy being the superbowl favorites with the MVP favorite leading the charge.  

Excuse me for not posting something you don't like.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Fear not my friends, Dunkirk Don (a.k.a. Chadwick Chad) will swoop in to save the day. He's already connected the dots and taken into consideration all data points in this situation.

He's already got all that land out by Batavia.

Edited by clayboy54
  • Haha (+1) 1