Ownership future?

oldmanfan

While none of us know exactly what happened with Kim Pegula,  Terry is no spring chicken.  So if and when Terry passes on, and if Kim is permanently disabled due to her condition what would happen to ownership?  Would the kids take over?  Or would (gasp!) the team have to be put up for sale? 

We of course all hope Terry lives a good long life and that Kim is fine, but I am starting to wonder if Kim will make a full recovery.

Meanwhile we can look forward to stomping the Titans on Monday! 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We do have that new stadium on the way and a long lease to stay in WNY. I hope Kim makes a full recovery but if the team does get sold it won't be as stressful as when they were sold when Ralph passed away.

But then what would happen if somebody leaves their grill on and the whole stadium burns down. Plus Von already as much as admitted to comtemplating arson. And don't get me started on asteroids. Doomed.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I seem to recall, either during a press conference or halftime introduction shortly after buying the team, Terry clearly stating that their goal is as to have multi-generational family ownership of the team so as to not put the fine people of Buffalo through the stresses of another sale/possible relocation.  I could be misremembering but I’m sure he said their kids are planning on running the show eventually.  

5 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

I seem to recall, either during a press conference or halftime introduction shortly after buying the team, Terry clearly stating that their goal is as to have multi-generational family ownership of the team so as to not put the fine people of Buffalo through the stresses of another sale/possible relocation.  I could be misremembering but I’m sure he said their kids are planning on running the show eventually.  

Why wouldn't they? Being an NFL owner is like having a license to print money. The league generates around 20 billion a year in revenue.

15 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

In the tradition of the Maras and Rooneys!

Fun fact: Kate Mara of House of Cards is a product of a marriage of a Mara and a Rooney.  Her sister is also an actress and goes by the name of Rooney Mara.

Just now, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe Trump will buy the team and solve two problems at once.

The cost of buying the Buffalo Bills is now well over a billion and a half dollars, (especially with a new stadium), and the current state of the franchise. 

When the league checked out trumps finances ( like they do with all potential buyers) when he made noise about buying the Bills he was only worth, something to the tune of 4-ish billion total ( mostly tied up in property and debt) he is not rich enough to play in the NFL owners club. Remember his was the lowest bid, he really wasn’t in the running.

That and Terry Pegula’s wealth makes trump look poor. The league isn’t going to want a step down in wealth with a potential future new franchise owner. 

Anyway, let’s all hope the Pegulas reign in Buffalo lasts a good long time! 

• Like (+1) 1