Bills become first team since punting became a stat in 1939 to not punt in 3 out of rolling 4 game period in regular season

Big Turk

This is exceptionally impressive...

Bills are the only team in NFL History to not punt 3 times in any rolling 4 game period during the regular season.

I am not sure what this period in Bills history will be called looking back but it is already the golden age of offense for this team, even WITH the Kelly era Bills included.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-los-angeles-la-rams-history-sam-martin-punting-record?src=rss

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

True...but the last one having a variety of offensive turnovers dulls the shine of this trivia/stat. 

Consider that other teams turn the ball over and still punt. Almost unheard of to not punt in a game regardless.

Did it look like the Bills were going to have to punt if they didn't have the turnovers? Two of them happened well within FG range.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Consider that other teams turn the ball over and still punt. Almost unheard of to not punt in a game regardless.

Did it look like the Bills were going to have to punt if they didn't have the turnovers? Two of them happened well within FG range.

Can't disagree there. We were rolling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

...actually 4 out of the last 6 counting playoffs...

As Josh said, turning the ball over is often worse than a punt, but there is no question this offense has been performing at an astonishing clip.

Wouldn't a turn over, regardless of who it is caused by, often be worse than a punt? 

Even with 4 turnovers, I think our offense has the belief that they can always get a 1st down  or a TD on any given play. Last year they punted 50 times, the Chiefs were lowest in the league at 38, I'm not a betting man but I'd take the under on the number of punts being under 38 for the year for our Bills.  

3 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Wouldn't a turn over, regardless of who it is caused by, often be worse than a punt? 

Even with 4 turnovers, I think our offense has the belief that they can always get a 1st down  or a TD on any given play. Last year they punted 50 times, the Chiefs were lowest in the league at 38, I'm not a betting man but I'd take the under on the number of punts being under 38 for the year for our Bills.  

There are situations in which a turnover is NOT worse than a punt...say, if a QB throws a deep INT from midfield on 3rd and long and the opponent thus starts inside their 10 rather than the offense having to punt.  But those are rare.  Typically a turnover is worse than a punt.

Last Thursday the Bills' offense was rolling and it can be argued that if the turnovers did not occur they were in position to score.

Bottom line:  this offense is clicking.

• Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This is exceptionally impressive...

Bills are the only team in NFL History to not punt 3 times in any rolling 4 game period during the regular season.

I am not sure what this period in Bills history will be called looking back but it is already the golden age of offense for this team, even WITH the Kelly era Bills included.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-los-angeles-la-rams-history-sam-martin-punting-record?src=rss

Some people would yell Moon 🌚 landing ;) 😝 

old news like from last Friday 

See Josh Allen records broken thread for many more 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Some people would yell Moon 🌚 landing ;) 😝 

old news like from last Friday 

See Josh Allen records broken thread for many more 

Mods please move this if need be. IMO those two topics have nothing to do with each other, I should not be punished.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mods please move this if need be. IMO those two topics have nothing to do with each other, I should not be punished.

Sorry

I FORGOT to use my Sarcasm don’t

You are fine. 
It was just an FYI that’s all 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You are fine. 
It was just an FYI that’s all 

When you make combinations like so many rushing yards, rushing TD, etc of course you are going to have "unicorns" of records.

What about adding no interceptions?

It is great they are doing well without this.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

When you make combinations like so many rushing yards, rushing TD, etc of course you are going to have "unicorns" of records.

without risk there is no reward 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He had several of those as well going back to 2020 and 2021 

7 minutes ago, Capt ColonBlow said:

Love the Bills.  Only one stat that matters.  Winning the super Bowl. Punting? Meh....

If Bills punter punts doing a coffin corner kick which one of the special teams players catch on 1 yard like will you like punters?

Moorman made punting fun!  He also was hurdler like Josh Allen and made tacklers miss.

Brian Moorman... master of the fake punt, fake field goal, dropped snap... First down machine! 

https://www.facebook.com/builtinbuffalo/videos/brian-moorman-master-of-the-fake-punt-fake-field-goal-dropped-snap-first-down-ma/643924536210123/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.